The Falkirk FC Thread

30 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Not exactly the same team in charge at United as then. So what’s the point of holding a grudge?…

Aye, like they've changed their fanbase too. Fuckem!

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

emoji23.png

The conversation will have gone.

Budge - How much you on?
Neilson - you need to double it.
Budge - done

Cash as always

You're correct , but I wonder how the players he now expects to give their all for him feel having been forced to take a wage cut. 

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Clubs will have to cost their budget on a no crowd scenario. Every club will run with reduced squads - reduced wages or a mix of both.

Could be some interesting signings on the horizon ! 

I still believe there will be crowds in grounds by October.

If Australia is an example, and I accept it might not be but it's all I've got  , then we currently have  25% capacity and stadiums in Queensland & NSW and 50% in South Australia  (27,000 for the Adelaide Oval) with Western Australia hoping to go beyond that from July 18th.   

October is over 3 months away - unless the UK makes an absolute mess of lifting the restrictions & folks ignore the new rules I cannot see how crowds can't be back by then in some form.

8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

October is over 3 months away - unless the UK makes an absolute mess of lifting the restrictions & folks ignore the new rules I cannot see how crowds can't be back by then in some form.

spiderman.gif.0e86f167e2f2d31f32a62e50696c9e52.gif

Lockdown has been a joke, in case you haven't noticed. The government have been pathetic, "advising" this, "suggesting" that. Police catching groups breaking the lockdown have been "encouraging" people to go home. One of the highest death rates in the world because folk ignore the rules and the state is too gutless to enforce them.

I can see the season re-starting then stopping when the second wave hits.

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

Lockdown has been a joke, in case you haven't noticed. The government have been pathetic, "advising" this, "suggesting" that. Police catching groups breaking the lockdown have been "encouraging" people to go home. One of the highest death rates in the world because folk ignore the rules and the state is too gutless to enforce them.

Yet, despite all these folk apparently ignoring the rules, the spread of infection continues to fall.

The majority of folk are following the rules as closely as possible. You’re always going to have people who decide they don’t apply to them but it is the minority.

Not saying we won’t see another rise in cases - that’s inevitable - but I agree that as long as the majority continue to follow the advice most of the time, the situation will continue to improve.

Not defending the government’s handling of this in any way I hasten to add.

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Yeah but everyone thinks she's done a great job.🙈🙈

34 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

True, told that he was responsible for players training, team selections (which were checked) and wining games. All other responsibilities with football director. ( guess united are such a big club) 

Ross Tokely will do as he's telt.

article-0-05108AF5000005DC-210_468x350.j

48 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

In comparison to the frankly criminal misrule and deception in our neighbouring virus incubator country, she has.

Shes a good communicator but our results are just as bad unfortunately as the clowns down south. Far too many errors made north and south of the border. Anyway enough politics.

Shes a good communicator but our results are just as bad unfortunately as the clowns down south. Far too many errors made north and south of the border. Anyway enough politics.

Always quite funny how you push a political debate then immediately chastise others for carrying it forward further....[emoji6]

4 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

BTW, I read somewhere that Neilson was kept on a short leash at Utd, not really allowed full control of signings. It's quite possible he's getting more freedom at Hearts. 

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

True, told that he was responsible for players training, team selections (which were checked) and wining games. All other responsibilities with football director. ( guess united are such a big club) 

Hearts are also appointing a new director of football, so he'll be working in exactly the same circumstances there.

Anyone who can possibly stick up for the "governance" at UK level just now is clearly not paying attention, or should be examined for saftness in the heid.

Gargantuan excess deaths?

Ignoring scientific advice?

Vast amounts of public money wasted on non existent apps?

PPE ordering scandals?

Too little too late actions on people entering the country?

CUMMINGS!!!?

Nonsensical parliamentary procedures?

Treatment of medical students who risked their lives?

School meals?

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, and on and on and on. And the LIES!! Constant, transparent LIES.

What about schools? The neo-fascist newspapers were gasping for them to be opened. Now JS has said they should. What's the problem? Schools have now got to complete their blended learning plans as a back up for when/if the 2nd wave hits.

49 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Always quite funny how you push a political debate then immediately chastise others for carrying it forward further....emoji6.png

I didnt start it and never have but I'm not chastising anyone but my self in that post m8. Shouldnt have commented on a football board.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

7 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Anyone who can possibly stick up for the "governance" at UK level just now is clearly not paying attention, or should be examined for saftness in the heid.

Gargantuan excess deaths?

Ignoring scientific advice?

Vast amounts of public money wasted on non existent apps?

PPE ordering scandals?

Too little too late actions on people entering the country?

CUMMINGS!!!?

Nonsensical parliamentary procedures?

Treatment of medical students who risked their lives?

School meals?

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, and on and on and on. And the LIES!! Constant, transparent LIES.

What about schools? The neo-fascist newspapers were gasping for them to be opened. Now JS has said they should. What's the problem? Schools have now got to complete their blended learning plans as a back up for when/if the 2nd wave hits.

Both governments have been a disaster- sending thousands of patients from hospitals into care homes without testing them was unforgivable and was a decision made solely by the Scottish Government. Equally the decision to stop contact tracing in March.

And remember NS was more than happy for the old firm match to go ahead in March and said large gatherings had ‘no significant impact’ on spreading the virus. 

Over 4000 deaths in a country of 5 million is certainly not a good outcome! 

The SG have by no means been perfect here, for example I am dying to hear what caused JS's sudden turnaround in advice regarding full opening of schools.

Bear in mind it could be reversed at a stroke if things don't improve enough.

Point taken re care homes too, but as most of them are privately owned, and some (think Skye) had previously been warned about bad hygiene by the Care Commission they must bear the brunt themselves. I'd actually criticise the SG for not being tough enough on those profiting wildly from old people's care.

But the point still stands. Mistakes have been made, but in comparison, we're miles ahead.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn