Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Never a fan of Strachan, but apart from one or two points, can’t argue with his statement. Said for years that all full time teams should be in a different set up, with strict criteria ie must have youth teams or academy so that Scottish football could start producing home grown talent. 

All  part time clubs should receive equal payouts and still keep some sort of pyramid system, so that any part time clubs which are serious about improving, should never be held back, and ambition should always be recognised.

Strachan is a moron.

For all intents and purposes there is a separation of full time and part time clubs. The only full time clubs in the lower leagues are those who're shite enough to let part time clubs with less resources get ahead of them in the league structure. And I think it's safe to say clubs in that situation have next to f**k all to 'offer' in terms of improving Scottish football in the way Strachan's talking about.

4 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Can't see the fairness in punishing well run part time clubs like Alloa and Arbroath, who put better part time teams on the pitch than several of their full time compatriots. 

9 minutes ago, Ultra Thistle Bhoy said:

Falkirk not winning league next season. Patrick Thistle goin to shit all over league 

You support Thistle yet spell us as Patrick? Come on

1 hour ago, Ultra Thistle Bhoy said:

Falkirk not winning league next season. Patrick Thistle goin to shit all over league 

Might not even be a league to play in next season. 

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

You support Thistle yet spell us as Patrick? Come on

Nah, dis bhoy's Patrick Dhistle all de way, to be sure.

1 hour ago, Ultra Thistle Bhoy said:

Cant wait to shit all over dis league 😒

10 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Someone needs to remind him hes working for a club that's gone bust twice shafting numerous creditors along the way. Cheek to talk of professionalism.

Falkirk ever been in Admin?

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

No , we went into Provisional Liquidation as there was no administration at that time. 

The town rallied round , the players played for nothing and we even reached the Scottish Cup Final during it all.

Falkirk survived and managed to pay every creditor in full (the polar opposite of that lot from East End Park).

How about yourselves , or should I really ask how many times? 

14 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Can't see the fairness in punishing well run part time clubs like Alloa and Arbroath, who put better part time teams on the pitch than several of their full time compatriots. 

Strachan is a moron.
For all intents and purposes there is a separation of full time and part time clubs. The only full time clubs in the lower leagues are those who're shite enough to let part time clubs with less resources get ahead of them in the league structure. And I think it's safe to say clubs in that situation have next to f**k all to 'offer' in terms of improving Scottish football in the way Strachan's talking about.

^^^

Wee Part-time supporter losing his shit that the gravy train is about to end.

FWIW Strachan is right and if my club want to be part of this then off the field we need to get our act together quickly which would of course help on it.

No , we went into Provisional Liquidation as there was no administration at that time. 

The town rallied round , the players played for nothing and we even reached the Scottish Cup Final during it all.

Falkirk survived and managed to pay every creditor in full (the polar opposite of that lot from East End Park).

How about yourselves , or should I really ask how many times? 

Was the year after the Cup Final. We were in the Semi v Hearts when it happened

SPL aside,  it looks like yesterday’s meeting with the championship sides will have a huge influence on what happens or doesn’t happen in the next few weeks and months. Although I’ve never trusted any of the tabloids, it’s looking like that at least 3 to 4 championship clubs have more or less said there’s no option but to go into hibernation until the new year or very late in year. Leaves us with scenarios;

1. All leagues in Scotland go into a hibernation until 2021 apart from SPL

2. A second league is formed with whoever can afford a squad most likely of18 players, maybe less.

Of course there are so many unknowns and variables, but if my understanding is correct, option 2 will maybe require at least five teams from the current division one to make it work. 

Falkirk Partick and who else ?

36 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

^^^

Wee Part-time supporter losing his shit that the gravy train is about to end.

FWIW Strachan is right and if my club want to be part of this then off the field we need to get our act together quickly which would of course help on it.

Part of what? I listened to the Sportsound podcast Strachan didn't propose anything. He just went on a rant about the fact nobody wants to watch anything other than Old Firm or Edinburgh derbies etc, and somehow that is the fault of lower league teams and plastic pitches. Kept making comparison with England, which is nonsense. 

It's not really a gravy train and it's not going to end. More teams will be using part time football, not less. Clubs have shown that the huge gap between full and part time no longer exists (League 1 hasn't been won by a completely full time side for 2 seasons now, after 6 on the bounce) and the total lack of job security has just been highlighted. 

Scottish football has many things holding it back. Small, well run clubs who live within their means and sometimes go on to do quite well, isn't one of them. 

6 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Big difference between paying every penny of debt back and twice shafting all your creditors with penny in the pound pay backs and then moving on as if nothings happened. Once is bad enough but twice is embarrassing to say the least for a once great club like dundee.

If Partick do have new found wealth how come they didn't spend some of it back in January making sure they finished above giants of the game like Alloa, QOS, Arbroath, Ayr and Morton?

9 hours ago, Ultra Thistle Bhoy said:

As long as you clean your arses, cos the T H I S T L E will be getting rode senseless  up that East coast this coming season.

19 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I see Richard Foster is one of them. I'm sure his sevco supporting other half will be back bleating in the papers about how hard done by he is.  Bit of a laugh coming from a multi millionaire although god knows how.

Shes been moaning for weeks about it, as has Foster.

Last year they flew all their family to Las Vegas for a wedding.

16 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Never a fan of Strachan, but apart from one or two points, can’t argue with his statement. Said for years that all full time teams should be in a different set up, with strict criteria ie must have youth teams or academy so that Scottish football could start producing home grown talent. 

The problem isnt the clubs.

St Johnstone have Ali McCann just now. A 20yo CM born in Scotland, a regular in the top flight, and making most peoples Team of the Season while also being a contender for Young Player of the Year.

What's happened to him Internationally?

Northern Ireland spent about a year, to a time before he had even broken into Saints team, talking to him about how he would fit in, and future plans for him in terms of a timeline.

Scotland never spoke to him once, even now hes apparently never had a call. There was a U21 squad this season, before he'd committed to NI, and he was ignored for Ewan Henderson, a Celtic loanee who was looking miles out his depth at the same level McCann was starring at.

Clearly this is the fault of Brechin.