The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

How did Charlie Telfer and Gregor Buchanan perform on the whole last season?

Buchanan was fine. Not great and was prone to a few mistakes but was definitely suitable for the  higher end of league 1. Probably much of the same performances he produced for you in league 1. Durnan actually looked the better player out the two towards the end of the season.

Telfer was totally anonymous. He’s certainly got talent but is slow and has the heart of a mouse. Wee shitebag.

From the ex pars we signed last season, I would say Connelly was the best of the bunch.

Edited by wee_bairn

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

How did Charlie Telfer and Gregor Buchanan perform on the whole last season?

Did not realise things were quite so dire at East End. Thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

2 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I have a distant memory of being at primary school in Polmont in the late 60's/ early 70's when there was some kind of major incident at Grangemouth.  Felt like a bomb going off and an small eathquake. And that was over 2 miles away.

Might have been magnified by my childhood sensibilities but it must have been big for me to remember it 50 years later.

Think you are talking about the Scottish Tar fire in 1973 !

2 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I have a distant memory of being at primary school in Polmont in the late 60's/ early 70's when there was some kind of major incident at Grangemouth.  Felt like a bomb going off and an small eathquake. And that was over 2 miles away.

Might have been magnified by my childhood sensibilities but it must have been big for me to remember it 50 years later.

There was explosion at Grangemouth Docks in July 1974 of a liquified gas tanker ship, one killed

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:
1 hour ago, AGPar said:
Did not realise things were quite so dire at East End. Thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Haha just a rumour I heard

Surely you've learned by now not to sign any more of the dross you've been taking off our hands over the past few seasons.

This was most likely to have been one of two things. The compressor in the original high pressure methanol plant let go, and there was a high pressure release 5,000psi I think). There was also an incident where a storage tank floating roof was blown off and sailed 50 yards before crumpling into a bit of open ground. Both quite scary moments.

Wullie Gardner initially before he moved to Oz, then Archie Hyslop who took over then eventually Robin Hullet. Davie Sneddon from Camelon coached us right way through - an absolute gentleman.

Loved Wee Davie.

Guest Ecosse83
21 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Gary Deans says in this weeks FH we have a long list of players we’ve either been offered or have our eye on but won’t make any decisions until we know when our league will start. 

Hopefully we are playing at the same time as the Championship, big disadvantage signing players etc if we start later than them!

Hopefully we are playing at the same time as the Championship, big disadvantage signing players etc if we start later than them!

Not sure I would put my life savings on starting then mind you

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not sure I would put my life savings on starting then mind you

Yep I'd be surprised at an October start which is itself is a massive disadvantage for us as a club!