The Falkirk FC Thread

I read online the other day that the SPFL have the executive power to force reconstruction rather than via a ballot.  Does anyone know if this is true?  Faced with these increasing bills and the prospect of more sponsors pulling out, it may be the best chance we have of reconstruction being forced through.  

I’d love to believe this was the case but given the consultative nature that they have already adopted, any move to force changes through would probably be met with fierce resistance and be the end of Doncaster....

35 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’d love to believe this was the case but given the consultative nature that they have already adopted, any move to force changes through would probably be met with fierce resistance and be the end of Doncaster....

God forbid there's consultation. Which do you want Doncaster to be, an autocrat or a democrat? His job is to facilitate the functioning of the league and the members wishes. He might be a diddy, but what has he done wrong here? You can't say he hasn't pushed reconstruction. If any group has complaints it's the majority who reject it and continually get it represented.

God forbid there's consultation. Which do you want Doncaster to be, an autocrat or a democrat? His job is to facilitate the functioning of the league and the members wishes. He might be a diddy, but what has he done wrong here? You can't say he hasn't pushed reconstruction. If any group has complaints it's the majority who reject it and continually get it represented.

Where did I discuss his rights or wrongs?

I’m not against consultation with members but I am against any vote that is deliberately skewed to get the desired outcome of the big two or the top division.

If voting is how we are to decide an outcome, make sure it’s that the majority rule, not the Old Firm rule.....

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Where did I discuss his rights or wrongs?

I’m not against consultation with members but I am against any vote that is deliberately skewed to get the desired outcome of the big two or the top division.

If voting is how we are to decide an outcome, make sure it’s that the majority rule, not the Old Firm rule.....

That's against the rules the clubs agreed to. You know perfectly well that different issues need different levels of majority. In any case reconstruction has lost every vote however you apply the voting permutations, including a straight majority. So did ending the season. Your flailing about, desperate for a chance Falkirk will go up. There's only 2, clubs going bust above you and the court case.

Eta, the old firm have p!she'd very little part in this.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

That's against the rules the clubs agreed to. You know perfectly well that different issues need different levels of majority. In any case reconstruction has lost every vote however you apply the voting permutations, including a straight majority. So did ending the season. Your flailing about, desperate for a chance Falkirk will go up. There's only 2, clubs going bust above you and the court case.

I just knew you were going to try to turn this into a Falkirk promotion issue.
I’ve said before, even yesterday, my concern is about the long term damage that is being done to our game out of self interested voting structures.
I’m well aware that Falkirk would not have gained promotion irrespective, nor am I that bothered. As I said, Hearts, Thistle and Falkirk are all suffering due to underperforming. The issues are primarily due to what they did (or rather didn’t do), on the park, so no use complaining.....

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Not disagreeing with your comments specifically, but genuinely - why should different issues need different levels of majority?  And is 11-1 really a good bench-mark for decision making? 

12 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Not disagreeing with your comments specifically, but genuinely - why should different issues need different levels of majority?  And is 11-1 really a good bench-mark for decision making? 

Thems the rules that were accepted when the SPFL was formed and leagues structured. They were accepted, primarily, because they came with an increase in money from the previous arrangements. More money, a few shots at Rangers on their return journey bought the clubs.

Only an idiot would have agreed that voting structure, but there you go. How did Falkirk vote that time?

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Thems the rules that were accepted when the SPFL was formed and leagues structured. They were accepted, primarily, because they came with an increase in money from the previous arrangements. More money, a few shots at Rangers on their return journey bought the clubs.

Only an idiot would have agreed that voting structure, but there you go. How did Falkirk vote that time?

Not really an answer though, SW, but at least we agree the 11-1 voting structure isn't exactly reasonable. And Falkirk weren't in the Premiership at the time. 

On 16/06/2020 at 12:43, Shadwell Dog said:

He does.  He has excellent feet and his finishing is decent. This is a guy that's played in the epl and spl and done well so it's not about ability.  He should be able to play in this league comfortably but needs a team playing to his strengths of running the channels and needs a management team that can motivate him.  

He shouldn't need any motivation, his CV is decent enough. The fact he plays like he's just out for a kick about  and is often just strolling about the park is ok if you have the class and skill to make the onion bag bulge a few times a game. Sadly he doesn't. 

12 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

He shouldn't need any motivation, his CV is decent enough. The fact he plays like he's just out for a kick about  and is often just strolling about the park is ok if you have the class and skill to make the onion bag bulge a few times a game. Sadly he doesn't. 

It's a case of motivate or get rid. He's done it consistently at far higher levels than league one so ability isnt the problem.

2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Thistle are going to be given a wadge of cash that'll help them afford better players in the coming season aren't they?

Yeah you can bet you're last pound note that we'll be the ones shafted the most when this all comes to a conclusion.🤣

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Thistle are going to be given a wadge of cash that'll help them afford better players in the coming season aren't they?

They already have four better players in Graham, Rudden, Docherty and Lyons. That's without a wadge of cash.