The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Wonder if you cried foul play when Gretna pipped you to the league a while back?

Gretna beat us over a league season so what complaint would I have?

They clearly were financially doping and paying their squad well beyond what they could actually afford, but they still gained enough points to finish above us in the league.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Last time you were on here you told me hearts would  never go to court and were simply  bluffing. Saying that anyone that believes budge would was  a complete iduot basically.🤣👍

I'm sure we'll live without our 110k of tv money.

pfffft, what's that - two week's 50/50 money?

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hearts, Partick, and Stranraer are absolutely right to want compensation, and I'd be surprised if they dont get something (unless they decide to ignore that to push for, yet another, round of votes).

They were right to try and get a reconstruction through to try and resolve the issue without relegating anyone.

They're absolutely not right to spend months trying to bully and bribe other clubs, and simultaneously try and shame clubs into making decisions that harm themselves simply to try and save Hearts/Partick/Stranraer. 

What can even be classed as "unlawful" about a private organisation asking their members to vote on a resolution to a problem?

All in, the only bit I'm confused about is why Falkirk fans are so determined theyve somehow been done wrong. Yes you were one point behind Raith, but you're argument seems entirely based on pure guesswork that you had a chance of finishing 1st.

Falkirk fans have taken the outcome of this clusterfuck pretty well in general, we are kind of resigned to what we’ve come to expect where various league votes take place over the years. We’ll try and get ourselves in order and get back up a division sometime soon hopefully. The fact is when the original vote was put to the clubs it was tied in with releasing money to the clubs which could have been done anytime, no problem. There should have been no winners and no losers, even if it was null and void.  Raith in effect were gifted a promotion. Are you aware that if Falkirk and Raith had both won their all their league games from shutdown to the end of March, Falkirk would have been awarded promotion ?  Why because on 28th March Raith would have been playing a Cup Final and would have been potentially two points behind and a game in hand of Falkirk . Would that have been fair on Raith, no it would not. The whole thing stinks, but just remember what goes around comes around.

1 minute ago, NUMBER 7 said:

The fact is when the original vote was put to the clubs it was tied in with releasing money to the clubs which could have been done anytime, no problem. 

How are folk still getting this wrong?

Every club in each division had already had the amount youd get for finishing bottom.

All that was left was final payments for position, which you cant pay out until you've, you know, decided final position.

You cant "loan" clubs money, they done that with Gretna and then the other 41 clubs had to take the hit.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Every club in each division had already had the amount youd get for finishing bottom.

All that was left was final payments for position, which you cant pay out until you've, you know, decided final position.

You cant "loan" clubs money, they done that with Gretna and then the other 41 clubs had to take the hit.

So in normal circumstances you would have got your final payment after 2nd May after leagues were finished, so why the rush to sort the money out on 10th April when it was only peanuts left to payout. That’s three weeks more thought could have been given to a proper resolution.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The spfl said that  but all gretna got was their due money early as shown in the spfl accounts .  They were never given a loan and this was confirmed by the ad.inistrators. it was more slopey shoulders stuff from doncaster and his chums.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

So in normal circumstances you would have got your final payment after 2nd May after leagues were finished, so why the rush to sort the money out on 10th April when it was only peanuts left to payout. That’s three weeks more thought could have been given to a proper resolution.

Because teams still had payments due before the end of the season and zero income coming in through matches.

You either starve sides of all income for a month to try and finish a season behind closed doors, which would further cripple these clubs and push the final payment even further away, or you ask the clubs what they want to do. They decided to ask the clubs, who voted to end the season.

3 hours ago, Moutinho said:

I’ll be astonished if there is any football played in league 1 until fans are allowed back. Barring us and Partick, I don’t see any other clubs having sufficient numbers willing to pay for streaming to make it financially liable. I don’t even think most will have the facilities and people to run a live service. 

It’s looking like a season in hibernation unfortunately. 

Surely that is all relative? Yes Falkirk and Partick would have more subscribers, but you also have much higher wage bills. If say last season, Falkirk and Stranraer fans had been told they couldn't attend matches and instead had to subscribe and watch online, there is no reason to think that Stranraer would have made more of a loss than Falkirk would have. They would have had a fraction of the subscribers, but also a fraction of the costs. As I say, it is surely relative?

On your point about facilities to run a service like this, as far as I know all the clubs in this league film their own games. If managing to broadcast their home games was the deal breaker in whether an entire season could go ahead or not I'm pretty sure clubs would find a way. As it is, I don't think this is viable for more than a couple of months for anyone.

I don't disagree with your overall point about no football until we get crowds. But I'm not sure I agree that this is somehow Falkirk and Partick getting dragged down by smaller clubs, which is how it comes across. The issues faced by them are faced by every club.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Guest Ecosse83

If Hearts and Partick can force any kind of change at the top then it will be worth it. 

If it costs us a percentage of our prize money for next season it will be worth it. The problem is too many teams in this country worrying about the odd grand here or there and not doing what's best for the game overall. What folk need to remember is Falkirk have been pushing for reconstruction for years, not only the last few months!

4 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

If Hearts and Partick can force any kind of change at the top then it will be worth it. 

You're naive as f**k if you think that's even possible.

Aberdeen ruined the chances of that years ago.

2 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Surely that is all relative? Yes Falkirk and Partick would have more subscribers, but you also have much higher wage bills. If say last season, Falkirk and Stranraer fans had been told they couldn't attend matches and instead had to subscribe and watch online, there is no reason to think that Stranraer would have made more of a loss than Falkirk would have. They would have had a fraction of the subscribers, but also a fraction of the costs. As I say, it is surely relative?

On your point about facilities to run a service like this, as far as I know all the clubs in this league film their own games. If managing to broadcast their home games was the deal breaker in whether an entire season could go ahead or not I'm pretty sure clubs would find a way! As it is, I don't think this viable for more than a couple of months for anyone.

I don't disagree with your overall point about no football until we get crowds. But I'm not sure I agree that this is somehow Falkirk and Partick getting dragged down by smaller clubs, which is how it comes across. The issues faced by them are faced by every club.

The problem is that clubs are never going to get the same income from streaming. Instead of say 3 in a family paying £12 or whatever each per game, you’ll have one subscription from each household.

Some of the clubs in league 1 will be lucky to have 500 season ticket holders as it is, so 150 people paying £12 a fortnight for streaming will not put a team on the park. 1500 people paying £12 a match (as Falkirk could get) would probably be enough though alongside sponsorship packages and donations.

10 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

If it costs us a percentage of our prize money for next season it will be worth it. The problem is too many teams in this country worrying about the odd grand here or there and not doing what's best for the game overall. What folk need to remember is Falkirk have been pushing for reconstruction for years, not only the last few months!

Aye, every year they've not been in the top division.

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're naive as f**k if you think that's even possible.

Aberdeen ruined the chances of that years ago.

What's so naive to think if Doncaster is exposed in court he will be away? 

Still can't believe the useless fecker is on just under 400k a year 🙈

Just now, Ecosse83 said:

What's so naive to think if Doncaster is exposed in court he will be away? 

Still can't believe the useless fecker is on just under 400k a year 🙈

Doncaster leaving wont change anything, he has no control over anything.

You need to remove the 11-1 vote at the top, and then find a way to break Celtic and Rangers apart. The chance was there years ago...

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Doncaster leaving wont change anything, he has no control over anything.

You need to remove the 11-1 vote at the top, and then find a way to break Celtic and Rangers apart. The chance was there years ago...

Yep I agree with you regarding the vote years ago, god knows why Aberdeen voted the way they did!

Doncaster does need to go though, he's inept!

20 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Yep I agree with you regarding the vote years ago, god knows why Aberdeen voted the way they did!

Doncaster does need to go though, he's inept!

The fact hes getting paid 350k to do a job that everyone keeps telling us is just doing what the clubs want him to do is frankly incredible. Especially when he  cant even manage that properly.  He's an overpaid lackey who seems happy to be treated like an idiot the vast majority of the time.  Mind you why not when you're getting paid that kind of money to do very little.

Had the season been declared null and void, which is the common sense outcome, then no club could realistically contest the decision in court or otherwise. 

Unfortunately, having made the decision to count an incomplete campaign as having been officially concluded at the point of abandonment, the SPFL have invited the very process that Hearts and Partick Thistle are now committed to. 

As has occasionally happened in lesser leagues in the past, the Highland League springs to mind during particularly bad winters many years ago, the competition has effectively been abandoned and will restart with the same clubs in the same divisions when safe to do so. 

Alas, one club was desperate to add another title to a succession of titles while another would do anything in its power to deny the Victor's their spoils. 

And here we are