The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I'd keep Durnan, he was getting better and looked more comfortable without Buchanan beside him. Agree with Telfer and Sammon. I don't think we will have the option to be picky in who we sign though, my biggest fear is McCall will have too much nouse in league 1 for Miller and McCracken, and if they can keep, Graham, Rudden, they have already signed the boy Lyons from Montrose and Docherty from Ayr, thats four pretty decent players at our level.

I think Lyons and Docherty will be excellent signings for Thistle.

49 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think Lyons and Docherty will be excellent signings for Thistle.

I reckon they'll be under a lot more pressure than us to go up too mind you.  They've got a pretty big squad of players who'll be on a sizeable wage I would think whilst we've at least only 6 players currently under contract. Anyone being brought in now will be on much reduced wages due to the current climate so there should be the chance to get some decent players in that we perhaps normally wouldnt be able to afford.

14 hours ago, Super Tuesday said:

Budge is now only doing the best for her club while we roll over as usual.

Where we deserved to be where we were at the start of the season, we should be exploring every opportunity for us and thinking only for us now.

We never learn.

Board statement

10 hours ago, Moutinho said:

The clubs in League 1 voted to keep us down out of self-interest.

Our fans are equally entitled to decide it is not in their self-interest to give their hard earned money to clubs that kept us in this hellhole of a league.  Particularly based on a league placing on an arbitrary date when we were 1 point behind a team we could quite conceivably have overtaken.

Horses for courses.

Why do Falkirk deserve promotion or compensation any more than Airdrie or Montrose? All three were in a play-off place.

Is it just because you’re Falkirk and you have loadsa fans?

23 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I reckon they'll be under a lot more pressure than us to go up too mind you.  They've got a pretty big squad of players who'll be on a sizeable wage I would think whilst we've at least only 6 players currently under contract. Anyone being brought in now will be on much reduced wages due to the current climate so there should be the chance to get some decent players in that we perhaps normally wouldnt be able to afford.

Which is telling mate. We should be under pressure to go up. We should not be in this position.

We got some decent players in last season but lacked a decent system and fight when the chips were down.

Hopefully next season, if it happens, we can right some of the wrongs.

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

When we do get round to signing players I want to see plenty of youth/energy all over the park. It was something we severely lacked last season

The six certainties we have are a good pick not only in positions but in age range.

What an opportunity for Laverty it's his make his mark. It's a make or break season after these tragic health issues he endured.

There is enough experience signed so agree we should go for the 19-24 age group.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Which is telling mate. We should be under pressure to go up. We should not be in this position.

We got some decent players in last season but lacked a decent system and fight when the chips were down.

Hopefully next season, if it happens, we can right some of the wrongs.

Obviously I'm talking from a financial standpoint.

Just now, HopeStreetWalker said:

Reaction to your No surrender comment.

Falkirk are fortunate that there is no sectarian baggage hanging round our necks.

The "no surrender" comment was aimed at your man Moutinho who was displaying a very Rangers-like mindset in holding grudges against/boycotting clubs who didn't vote the way he wanted.

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The six certainties we have are a good pick not only in positions but in age range.

What an opportunity for Laverty it's his make his mark. It's a make or break season after these tragic health issues he endured.

There is enough experience signed so agree we should go for the 19-24 age group.

I wouldnt get my hopes up on laverty.  Struggled to get any game time for brechin last season who had the worst team in the spfl.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Why do Falkirk deserve promotion or compensation any more than Airdrie or Montrose? All three were in a play-off place.

Is it just because you’re Falkirk and you have loadsa fans?

Nope- we were 1 point behind Raith with 8 games to play (including a game against them at home on the last day of the season). We also had a vastly superior goal difference. Raith had already played their 2 home games against us. There was a strong chance we would have overtaken them. 

No option now is going to be perfectly fair for all teams. But the 14-10-10-10 proposal was much more equitable than relegating teams with games in hand and a significant chunk of the season to play and denying teams promotion that had a good chance of going up.

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

McCall's effort with thistle last season was even worse than McKinnon's piss poor effort in keeping us up the year before so it's not a done deal that they'll be anything brilliant next season. I'd keep durnan he was playing pretty well when the season ground to a halt. Telfer is too much of a luxury one game in ten player and it's up to the managers to get more out of sammon as there must be a bit more in there if we play to his strengths.

Sammon doesn't have any strengths 

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The "no surrender" comment was aimed at your man Moutinho who was displaying a very Rangers-like mindset in holding grudges against/boycotting clubs who didn't vote the way he wanted.

It’s not about boycotting anyone. Fans have a finite amount of money (particularly so at the moment). They are perfectly within their rights to decide that they don’t wish to give that money to clubs that (equally within their rights) voted to keep us in this league. 

Clubs are not entitled to away supporters’ money.

Just now, Proudtobeabairn said:

Sammon doesn't have any strengths 

He does.  He has excellent feet and his finishing is decent. This is a guy that's played in the epl and spl and done well so it's not about ability.  He should be able to play in this league comfortably but needs a team playing to his strengths of running the channels and needs a management team that can motivate him.  

5 minutes ago, Moutinho said:

Nope- we were 1 point behind Raith with 8 games to play (including a game against them at home on the last day of the season). We also had a vastly superior goal difference. Raith had already played their 2 home games against us. There was a strong chance we would have overtaken them. 

No option now is going to be perfectly fair for all teams. But the 14-10-10-10 proposal was much more equitable than relegating teams with games in hand and a significant chunk of the season to play and denying teams promotion that had a good chance of going up.

So basically, it’s disgusting that Falkirk have been “denied” promotion but who gives a f**k about the other teams that were only a few points behind in the play-offs and still themselves had a shot at winning the title.

The level of entitlement is incredible.