The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Pretty disappointed by how many of our fans are giving it the ol' THEY NEED US MORE THAN WE NEED THEM language re: travelling supports / gate receipts.

That's no different to the same arrogant, selfish, billy-big-baws language Sevco fans were using when they died,

The usual suspects across social media sadly. Red neck.

37 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Pretty disappointed by how many of our fans are giving it the ol' THEY NEED US MORE THAN WE NEED THEM language re: travelling supports / gate receipts.

That's no different to the same arrogant, selfish, billy-big-baws language Sevco fans were using when they died,

Absolutely ridiculous, I could never support a boycott. I would be at every away game myself but I seem to be visiting Spain on the date of every tie.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

The clubs in League 1 voted to keep us down out of self-interest.

Our fans are equally entitled to decide it is not in their self-interest to give their hard earned money to clubs that kept us in this hellhole of a league.  Particularly based on a league placing on an arbitrary date when we were 1 point behind a team we could quite conceivably have overtaken.

Horses for courses.

4 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

Please soften the blow of another season in league 1 by releasing Durnan, Telfer & Sammon next. Cheers.

Durnan improved towards the end of the season and I don’t think we’ll get better. Sammon will give us an option if we play to his strengths. Telfer was anonymous for most of the season and wouldn’t be missed.

Hollow and uninspiring words, what the hell do you expect ? If you’ve listened to his interviews since taking chair, Deans has   conducted himself impeccably compared  to the previous lot over the past ten years. Yes there’s been howler after howler, over the last three seasons but since his appointment don’t think he’s done much wrong. Can I ask what he should of said in your opinion?

He is saying the right things people want to hear IMO. Simply admit our own failings rather than blame others would be a start.

Our fans are equally entitled to decide it is not in their self-interest to give their hard earned money to clubs that kept us in this hellhole of a league.  Particularly based on a league placing on an arbitrary date when we were 1 point behind a team we could quite conceivably have overtaken.
Horses for courses.

The MSG told the fans to stick their 800 grand up their arses last summer and jumped into bed with a charlatan yet 2000 bought ST’s to play against butchers, bakers and candlestick makers. It shows their decision making is far from consistent and this boycott has little of no chance of happening on a wide scale

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The MSG told the fans to stick their 800 grand up their arses last summer and jumped into bed with a charlatan yet 2000 bought ST’s to play against butchers, bakers and candlestick makers. It shows their decision making is far from consistent and this boycott has little of no chance of happening on a wide scale

Re: the boycott, what boycott? I am seeing nothing here on P&B about a boycott, is it being mooted elsewhere on social media? As you can see from my avatar, I would be in favour of one.

On another note, and I will probably get pelters for this, but I just don't think that Miller and McCracken are the right choice to get us out of League 1. We are where we are and are not a great attraction for any manager looking for a job but surely we can get somebody, anybody better than them? I'll be delighted if they prove me wrong.

Hence the reason Gary Deans was brought in

He was on the Board all last summer when we pissed about with Campbell and he was in charge of that. That turned out well.

Let’s see if his talking turns into action. He says the right things - we need action now.

We are now miles worse off than last summer. 6 players, no idea when we will play and no idea when our biggest income generators will be back in the ground.

I agree with much of what he said regarding the game in Scotland, I do want to see people who run the club take responsibility for mistake too though. There is no recognition of that - again.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He was on the Board all last summer when we pissed about with Campbell and he was in charge of that. That turned out well.

Let’s see if his talking turns into action. He says the right things - we need action now.

We are now miles worse off than last summer. 6 players, no idea when we will play and no idea when our biggest income generators will be back in the ground.

I agree with much of what he said regarding the game in Scotland, I do want to see people who run the club take responsibility for mistake too though. There is no recognition of that - again.

Yes but at least we don't have to endure McKinnon handing out two year deals like confetti to duds like Buchanan, Tidser etc, be thankful for small mercies. 

6 hours ago, Moutinho said:

Horses for courses.

No surrender.

14 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Yes but at least we don't have to endure McKinnon handing out two year deals like confetti to duds like Buchanan, Tidser etc, be thankful for small mercies. 

You hate to see it happen. 

image.gif.72940c8e2eeaf5c51fe3609ad6bffa78.gif

6 hours ago, BooBairn said:

Please soften the blow of another season in league 1 by releasing Durnan, Telfer & Sammon next. Cheers.

I'd keep Durnan, he was getting better and looked more comfortable without Buchanan beside him. Agree with Telfer and Sammon. I don't think we will have the option to be picky in who we sign though, my biggest fear is McCall will have too much nouse in league 1 for Miller and McCracken, and if they can keep, Graham, Rudden, they have already signed the boy Lyons from Montrose and Docherty from Ayr, thats four pretty decent players at our level.

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I'd keep Durnan, he was getting better and looked more comfortable without Buchanan beside him. Agree with Telfer and Sammon. I don't think we will have the option to be picky in who we sign though, my biggest fear is McCall will have too much nouse in league 1 for Miller and McCracken, and if they can keep, Graham, Rudden, they have already signed the boy Lyons from Montrose and Docherty from Ayr, thats four pretty decent players at our level.

This. 2nd place is useless.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

McCall's effort with thistle last season was even worse than McKinnon's piss poor effort in keeping us up the year before so it's not a done deal that they'll be anything brilliant next season. I'd keep durnan he was playing pretty well when the season ground to a halt. Telfer is too much of a luxury one game in ten player and it's up to the managers to get more out of sammon as there must be a bit more in there if we play to his strengths.

7 hours ago, Moutinho said:

Horses for courses.

Do you realise what you sound like?

Will Airdrie and Montrose fans also be boycotting games? They’ve been “kept down” too, haven’t they?

If you’re looking for someone to blame, look a little closer to home.

25 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Fact - yes he was on the board, but the saga with the joker wasn’t his doing or call, it’s all about opinions and for me he’s clearly stated his intentions as best he can in this current period, and during his short reign, for me he’s a breath of fresh air, compared to the previous arse licking and grovelling to the bigot bro’s and SPL,  and should he really make statements on the BODs previous mistakes ? Let’s judge him on what’s he’s conveyed so far and what he brings in the future months......

yes he was on the board but he also was in charge of the full due diligence process on behalf of the club, and it took him 3 months to figure out want some people found out about MC in 3 days. That full process was dragged out an unnecessarily long amount of time. Is he an upgrade on Lex or ML?, yes, most likely but under the current ownership how much power do these chairs actually yield? or are they just another mouthpiece for the same group of people?

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Re: the boycott, what boycott? I am seeing nothing here on P&B about a boycott, is it being mooted elsewhere on social media? As you can see from my avatar, I would be in favour of one.

If you're in exile in S.E. Asia, how will we know if you're boycotting or not?