The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Problem is we don't know how many games we'll play, or when they'll start. 

There appears to be a plan for the Championship (below) but unless Doncaster's vote goes in our favour tomorrow we won't be in it. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-set-27-game-season-22189847

I haven't seen any recent articles as to what the plan is for Leagues One and Two. 

Exactly ! 6 signed - 6 signed on short term deal. It's a core to build a squad to suit the dogs breakfast the blazers come up with. But leave flexibility should the worse come to the worse.

It a balanced compromise.

3 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

Is it possible those leaving have chose to leave instead of sign the short term deal again? Possibly have work outside football or something else lined up?

Weren’t Buchanan and Doyle both signed through 2021? Perhaps the option to short-term extend doesn’t apply to players with contracts that otherwise carry beyond 30 June without activating the whole year of the contract. And, if that’s the case, was the 2020-2021 portion of the contract a player or team option if not promoted? If it was a team option, perhaps not releasing them would have locked them to FFC for another year and if a player option, maybe they see better choices next year?

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

What was McManus like? Reckon he could do a job as a backup for Dykes?

He's always struggled to score at higher levels so I doubt it. Doubt dykes will be there much longer anyway so it's more likely to be a starter you need.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

That is slightly less mental but still absolutely bonkers.

Hibs finished 7th with a midfield of Boyle, Docherty, Allan and Omeonga.

Is your point that Longridge isn’t good enough for a bottom 6 team, which I agree with ?

Or that’s Hibs midfield is totally pish, which I also agree with ?

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is your point that Longridge isn’t good enough for a bottom 6 team, which I agree with ?

Or that’s Hibs midfield is totally pish, which I also agree with ?

The former.

That Hibs midfield is very good by Premiership standards. It's either the third or fourth best midfield in the country. 

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

"What about the League 1 & 2 clubs?"

SPFL - 

shrug.gif.441bc6dce9abcdc7ed3d82ce6fcdb80a.gif

In an ideal world, they'd be testing the water by allowing Championship clubs to vote on an October start/27 games (with a similar vote for Leagues 1&2 on the horizon).

In reality, they're chucking us* all on the scrapheap.

*Note to lurkers: Yes, we accept we're a L1 team. At no point was our consensus having a right to play at a higher level :)

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You think so mate ? I think it’s keek tbh. Allan is good when he can be bothered or isn’t hungover, the rest ain’t great.

Boyle has had some bad injuries but is still lethally fast and is a decent finisher. Docherty is a good all round player for a youngster. Omeonga is a bundle of energy and good at buzzing around.

They're not superstars but are a decent bunch.

PS it's keech or keich. The verb to keek means to peep as in have a quick look.

Here endeth today's lesson.

You’d imagine Longridge will have something else lined up. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him try down south after his brother did last year.

Rumours he was going to America before he resigned in January

In an ideal world, they'd be testing the water by allowing Championship clubs to vote on an October start/27 games (with a similar vote for Leagues 1&2 on the horizon).
In reality, they're chucking us* all on the scrapheap.

*Note to lurkers: Yes, we accept we're a L1 team. At no point was our consensus having a right to play at a higher level [emoji4]

Most of the teams in league 1&2 couldn’t care less about playing football unless the are allowed to serve up Lentil soup, steak pie, veg and tatties and apple pie and custard washed down with Tennent’s lager and cheap whiskey every second week.

We will end up playing in a league with about 6 teams

Most of the teams in league 1&2 couldn’t care less about playing football unless the are allowed to serve up Lentil soup, steak pie, veg and tatties and apple pie and custard washed down with Tennent’s lager and cheap whiskey every second week.

Swap the Tennent’s Lager and cheap whisky for Deuchars and Dalwhinnie and I’m in.

23 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

If it meant we could be playing again in October I'd take that. Give us a definite start date so that we can start offering contracts, selling seasons tickets & advertising and it would be a vast improvement over the current limbo that we're in. 

Now that the Championship appears to be talking about a restart I don't think Leagues One & Two will be far behind. I suspect the SPFL will ask all the leagues what they want to do over the next few weeks. The worry is that some clubs might want to go into hibernation until social distancing is scrapped. 

God I miss football. The players were due to report back for pre-season at the end of this week. 😥

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Boyle has had some bad injuries but is still lethally fast and is a decent finisher. Docherty is a good all round player for a youngster. Omeonga is a bundle of energy and good at buzzing around.

They're not superstars but are a decent bunch.

PS it's keech or keich. The verb to keek means to peep as in have a quick look.

Here endeth today's lesson.

😂. Cheers mate.

Ok, apart from Allan in 1 game in 4 I think they are pish then. 

Is that ok ??

If it meant we could be playing again in October I'd take that. Give us a definite start date so that we can start offering contracts, selling seasons tickets & advertising and it would be a vast improvement over the current limbo that we're in.  Now that the Championship appears to be talking about a restart I don't think Leagues One & Two will be far behind. I suspect the SPFL will ask all the leagues what they want to do over the next few weeks. The worry is that some clubs might want to go into hibernation until social distancing is scrapped. 

God I miss football. The players were due to report back for pre-season at the end of this week. [emoji26]

Not missed it one bit. It was utterly garbage last season and only mildly better than the previous 2. The thought of more trips to Montrose, Peterhead and Methil does nothing to spark any enthusiasm either. Add in Cove to the mix and I can’t think of anything less appealing.

Maybe it was the health shock I got in March that has done it and fixed my mind to what is important or the shambles of the SPFL that hasn’t help. Whatever it is my enthusiasm for football fullstop has gone. Hopefully it may come back

17 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not missed it one bit. It was utterly garbage last season and only mildly better than the previous 2. The thought of more trips to Montrose, Peterhead and Methil does nothing to spark any enthusiasm either. Add in Cove to the mix and I can think of anything las appealing.

Maybe it was the health shock I got in March that has done it and fixed mind you what is important or the shambles of the SPFL that hasn’t help. Whatever it is my enthusiasm for football fullstop has gone. Hopefully it may come back

I'm the same. Barely went to any matches last year anyway, not really cared since lockdown. Normally get excited for the return of the Scottish season, but some sort of staggered, hybrid affair is a real turn off. Needs must I suppose though.

I've run an absolute mile from the German and Spanish matches on the telly, and will be giving the Tourist Premier League the widest of berths too.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not missed it one bit. It was utterly garbage last season and only mildly better than the previous 2. The thought of more trips to Montrose, Peterhead and Methil does nothing to spark any enthusiasm either. Add in Cove to the mix and I can’t think of anything less appealing.

Maybe it was the health shock I got in March that has done it and fixed mind you what is important or the shambles of the SPFL that hasn’t help. Whatever it is my enthusiasm for football fullstop has gone. Hopefully it may come back

I thought the Hartley squad was the worst Falkirk team I'd seen in my life. Last season's team was better but not a great deal. The football played that I saw was largely atrocious. Maybe at the end of all this pandemic a reboot of playing squad won't be a bad thing.  

I thought the Hartley squad was the worst Falkirk team I'd seen in my life. Last season's team was better but not a great deal. The football played that I saw was largely atrocious. Maybe at the end of all this pandemic a reboot of playing squad won't be a bad thing.  

Surely whatever we end up with cannot be worse than the utter dross we have been subjected to in recent seasons.