The Falkirk FC Thread

Why should anyone bother? Scottish football says it cares about its biggest funder - the fans - but all it ever does is pander to their media partners.

Fans have been bored of 4 times a season for 30 years yet it is still there. I am sick to the back teeth of it all. Not one of the clubs care about the greater good. If during this time clubs go under I certainly won’t bat an eyelid.

Fans say they want change. Now would have been the perfect opportunity to force it but we will all pony up and do as we are told as usual. Clubs know it, the league knows and so do we.

On 11/06/2020 at 23:35, CC52 FFC said:

Ross County voting It down and most championship clubs too according to the Daily Record. Off to the courts then...

Ross County also say theyve seen what Hearts would intend to use in court, and that it will almost certainly fail.

Hearts will not take it to court if they lose, it's nothing more than a scare tactic to try and bully the meek hearted/gullible into what they want.

Luckily you're not in charge of a club.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ross County also say theyve seen what Hearts would intend to use in court, and that it will almost certainly fail.

Hearts will not take it to court if they lose, it's nothing more than a scare tactic to try and bully the meek hearted/gullible into what they want.

I'm not sure about that. With the foundation pushing her all the way she's gone too far now to back down. The fact we're still talking about reconstruction at the 11th hour says to me the spfl arent totally convinced that they would win their case either.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm not sure about that. With the foundation pushing her all the way she's gone too far now to back down. The fact we're still talking about reconstruction at the 11th hour says to me the spfl arent totally convinced that they would win their case either.

The SPFL board are duty bound to have votes if enough clubs make them aware they want it.

That's why theres another vote, not because they're shite scared of Hearts.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The SPFL board are duty bound to have votes if enough clubs make them aware they want it.

Yeah but why did doncaster put the 14 10 10 10 back on the agenda. We've had about 3 different proposals before that none finding enough interest. Why not just leave it at that? Spfl are simply going round the houses now putting 14 10 10 10 back out there. Smacks of desperation when I would suggest most clubs are more interested in getting plans sorted for next season.  If there was no threat of legal action doncaster and his chums wouldve ditched the whole idea by now.

9 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Just another example of how unhinged the people  running the game are.

2 weeks from a high % of players contracts running out and nobody has a clue.

How can you trust people like that ? you can't !

Edited by HopeStreetWalker
grammer

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If there was no threat of legal action doncaster and his chums wouldve ditched the whole idea by now.

They cant.

If enough clubs want to present a proposal, then the SPFL Board have absolutely no right to deny it.

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They cant.

If enough clubs want to present a proposal, then the SPFL Board have absolutely no right to deny it.

It was Doncaster though that presented  the 14 10 10 10 to clubs though not the clubs themselves.  After Rangers and Hearts  idea was ko'd that would've been it if he hadnt been so desperate to get some plan in place.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes because I’m sure Hearts will he showing everyone what they intend to use in courts as evidence. At the very least, they’ll be entitled to compensation due to the financial damage of being relegated prematurely.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It appears that Doncaster has called for a vote not the clubs

27 minutes ago, Fawkirk Wull said:

It appears that Doncaster has called for a vote not the clubs

Yes. The process is very simple.

Any club who wants to hold a vote over things such as reconstruction go to Doncaster, who then, on their behalf, officially polls opinion.

If enough clubs officially tell Doncaster theyd be interested in hearing more, then the proposal is then handed to each club.

If enough clubs ask for a vote, its then put to a vote.

Doncaster is literally just a middle man, that's his job. Hes not some puppet master.

Presumably clubs have asked him to pull opinion on the 14-10-10-10 set up so hes gone around clubs asking their opinion on where they stand on it, if enough clubs hold an interest they then vote on it.

It's very simple.

2 hours ago, Bula Bairn said:

Loved watching this back for the first time as it was my first big game 34 years ago!  (started going the previous season) 

Same here. We got in late as my dad thought it was a 1530 k.o. so I was first through the turnstiles and only heard the cheers as McGuire scored. This is the first time I've seen it to this day! Remember Irvine's goal clearly but the Fifers goals were forgotten amid a blur of nerves.

Looking at that I can't help but notice about 25 shanked and miscued clearances from our kitten skittish lads. Although one air shot led to the first goal!

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Same here. We got in late as my dad thought it was a 1530 k.o. so I was first through the turnstiles and only heard the cheers as McGuire scored. This is the first time I've seen it to this day! Remember Irvine's goal clearly but the Fifers goals were forgotten amid a blur of nerves.

Looking at that I can't help but notice about 25 shanked and miscued clearances from our kitten skittish lads. Although one air shot led to the first goal!

Thought the final whistle was never going to arrive, what a moment when it did.

It's not easy being a Falkirk supporter !

The day my hair started going grey!

16 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah but why did doncaster put the 14 10 10 10 back on the agenda. We've had about 3 different proposals before that none finding enough interest. Why not just leave it at that? Spfl are simply going round the houses now putting 14 10 10 10 back out there. Smacks of desperation when I would suggest most clubs are more interested in getting plans sorted for next season.  If there was no threat of legal action doncaster and his chums wouldve ditched the whole idea by now.

My perception is that Doncaster is more scared of the delay to the start of the new season , and therefore the Sky deal, that legal action would cause. There will be a huge backlog of court cases due to the virus and I'm guessing it could take a year to get to court.

Budgie has to think seriously about the effect on her own club , and if the clubs democratically voted to give the SPFL board authority to call the leagues how has she got a case anyway?