The Falkirk FC Thread

What concerns me is that the there has been no publication of the Risk Assessment. Together with the Health and Safety at Work regulations to make it work

Every club will have to have the same standards, otherwise its all pointless.

Isolation of players and staff prior to the fixture. Hygiene procedures traveling to and from the stadium. Hygiene procedures at the stadium.

All it will take is for one player to become infected and the whole thing grinds to a halt.

Suspect the reason whey they have not published this is because they don't have one !

25 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What concerns me is that the there has been no publication of the Risk Assessment. Together with the Health and Safety at Work regulations to make it work

Isolation of players and staff prior to the fixture. Hygiene procedures traveling to and from the stadium. Hygiene procedures at the stadium.

All it will take is for one player to become infected and the whole thing grinds to a halt.

Suspect the reason whey they have not published this is because they don't have one !

I wouldn't have thought that the publication of a Risk Assessment was important. Particularly as it would likely apply only to club staff as initial games would be closed-door. 

Still, if you think it's an issue then let's debate it. 

Can you point me in the direction of a covid-19 Risk Assessment that a Scottish League One football club has published? Or Championship for that matter? 

15 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I wouldn't have thought that the publication of a Risk Assessment was important. Particularly as it would likely apply only to club staff as initial games would be closed-door. 

Still, if you think it's an issue then let's debate it. 

Can you point me in the direction of a covid-19 Risk Assessment that a Scottish League One football club has published? Or Championship for that matter? 

Answer to your question regarding Covid-19. Not that I know of ! 

Companies have a duty to keep employees safe at work. They have to satisfy the insurers not only of the premises are safe but precautions and procedures are in place to ensure compliance with that responsibility. So this will be a Stadium Company / FFC responsibility.

Every company with have that insurance document on their notice board or they don't trade.

These precautions will have to be common to all football clubs involved in this proposed league. Just like a pub chain or shops keep the staff and the public safe.

The tricky bit for all concerned is that the regulations are liable to change regarding football.

Think we will all find out at the end of the month when players contracts run out.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Well not really as the Bundesliga, EPL and EFL have all had cases and carried on regardless with the players going into iso. 

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It’s the SPFL, fair chance their plan is to bung all players into a few rooms with some people with coughs and fevers, wait till they all get the virus, then assume they are all immune and play on.

9 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Companies have a duty to keep employees safe at work. They have to satisfy the insurers not only of the premises are safe but precautions and procedures are in place to ensure compliance with that responsibility. So this will be a Stadium Company / FFC responsibility.

Every company with have that insurance document on their notice board or they don't trade.

These precautions will have to be common to all football clubs involved in this proposed league. Just like a pub chain or shops keep the staff and the public safe.

The tricky bit for all concerned is that the regulations are liable to change regarding football.

Think we will all find out at the end of the month when players contracts run out.

Can I just pick up on a few things here...

Obtaining business insurance is just as easy as getting car insurance but with slightly different questions. They want to know risk but not how you specifically prevent/reduce it.

Companies only have to display employers liability by law. You can still trade without it, you'll just get continually fined.

Carry on...

9 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I know. I have professional qualifications in Health & Safety as it formed a large part of my duties during my career.

You are correct about things like section 2.1 of the HASAWA (I can still quote it verbatim), Certificate of Employers Liability and compliance with industry standards. 

Your previous post bemused me though.  You complained about Falkirk not doing something that evidently no-one else does either, or at least not that you know of. So why complain in the first place? 

49 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

That’s the initial £3M released to the SPFL for distribution through the kindness of the philanthropist who wants all of  Scotland’s 42 clubs to benefit. This is undoubtedly a priceless donation for many, but for me it simply prolongs any chance we have of reconstruction and getting shot of the self preservation society.  

I notice 625k is in the form of gift aid. Is that really what gift aid was set up to do? Fund professional football.clubs? Seems a wee bit iffy to me.

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I notice 625k is in the form of gift aid. Is that really what gift aid was set up to do? Fund professional football.clubs? Seems a wee bit iffy to me.

If the SPFL Trust is a registered charity, then that's exactly what it was set up to do.

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I know. I have professional qualifications in Health & Safety as it formed a large part of my duties during my career.

You are correct about things like section 2.1 of the HASAWA (I can still quote it verbatim), Certificate of Employers Liability and compliance with industry standards. 

Your previous post bemused me though.  You complained about Falkirk not doing something that evidently no-one else does either, or at least not that you know of. So why complain in the first place? 

It's not complaining about Falkirk not doing what everybody else is not doing.

This can only work by having a collective standard. That mean when the away team arrive for the game. They abide by the same standards therefore keeping themselves and the home team safe and vice versa.

It is no different to a contractor of facility management company for example. All parties on the premises abide by a uniform set of procedures. Since FFC would be going to 10-12 locations uniformity of standards are crucial.

Hope this clarifies - 2.1 ah old memories of long risk assessment meetings come flooding back. They are not missed LOL

7 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

If the SPFL Trust is a registered charity, then that's exactly what it was set up to do.

Yeah but it's one thing the cash going to grass roots football and another it going to professional football teams. 

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

a) surely you can see even SPFL clubs have significant benefits to their communities.

b) the guy knows fine well what his money is doing; it's no secret.

Ok but this money is available to the top flight clubs too including the old firm. Total joke if they're allowed to ask for charity handouts.

I'm not going to get into a long drawn out argument about this. The guy made a philanthropic gesture which is available to 42 clubs. I'd hope a few of them would waive their share but they are just as entitled as anyone else to it.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Ok but this money is available to the top flight clubs too including the old firm. Total joke if they're allowed to ask for charity handouts.

Hi Shadwell, I think I'm with Ranaldo on this one, although I'd be happier if I knew 100% that the monies were to be distributed with the most money going to League 2 and the least to the Premiership. 

Money / grants can go to the arts, why not football?

I know these numbers are for England but you get the gist.

Total Arts Council Funding into Ballet

YEAR ARTS COUNCIL ENGLAND FUNDING TO BALLET ORGANISATIONS
2012/13 £11,420,195
2013/14 £2,773,248
2014/15 £1,705,648
2015/16 £916,787
2016/17 £2,341,456
2017/18 £5,812,189
2018/19 to date £75,09

5 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Hi Shadwell, I think I'm with Ranaldo on this one, although I'd be happier if I knew 100% that the monies were to be distributed with the most money going to League 2 and the least to the Premiership. 

Money / grants can go to the arts, why not football?

I know these numbers are for England but you get the gist.

Total Arts Council Funding into Ballet

YEAR ARTS COUNCIL ENGLAND FUNDING TO BALLET ORGANISATIONS
2012/13 £11,420,195
2013/14 £2,773,248
2014/15 £1,705,648
2015/16 £916,787
2016/17 £2,341,456
2017/18 £5,812,189
2018/19 to date £75,09

How many ballet companies just spent 3 million pounds on a baller dancer though?