The Falkirk FC Thread

looking back at the team from 09/10.. soo many let downs; Toufik Zerara, finnbogasson, marceta and showumni. on the plus side we had Pele.. and we had no red cards the full season, surely thats a first?

The red cards scenario probably shows why we went down....too many nice coonts, somehow we also signed a 6ft 4in striker who was like Bambi on ice and actually lost a header to the st johnstone ex Chelsea midget....name I forget...

Jody Morris...who was 5ft 5in

Edited by MrDust

Think how much worse it could be guys, our only striker is Sean Higgins - and he's out injured.

If Higgins puts the same effort into his game than he does to his hair and his vainness, he will probably be a decent sign for you lot

Actually yeah Barrett came on to a game later in his Falkirk career, now that I remember it.

Roman Wallner? Although tbf he never really got much of a chance. We really did have a fuckton of strikers in the 06-07 season

Stokes

Barrett

Wallner

McManus

Stewart

Moutinho

Finnigan (after Stokes left)

Gow

Actually yeah Barrett came on to a game later in his Falkirk career, now that I remember it.

Roman Wallner? Although tbf he never really got much of a chance. We really did have a fuckton of strikers in the 06-07 season

Stokes

Barrett

Wallner

McManus

Stewart

Moutinho

Finnigan (after Stokes left)

Gow

Barrett was signed that season however did not play until the 07/08 season.

Wallner was the season after and Stewart didnt feature until 07/08 im sure.

Roman Wallner is one of the most fascinating players we've ever had at the club, I wrote a massive post on him ages ago that I cba to find. Quality redemption story with him getting back in to the Austria squad and scoring for them again.

Maybe Houston rates Shephard, Botti and O'hara to fill in the 2nd strikers roll between them. Someone told me months ago, Tony Watt will be at Falkirk on loan. Perhaps this deal is dependent on how Celtic do in Europe, if they get to the Champions league, they bring in a decent named striker and Watt joins us.

With Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in the league the chances of getting a decent loan signing should be good. A lot of big clubs would prefer to see their talent play under pressure with big crowds.