The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You may have noticed SD's ability to make very position that suits Falkirk sound like it originates straight from the moral high ground and that whatever Falkirk decide is best for them will have benefits for all clubs.

At the same time condoning the moral bankruptcy of Hearts desperate attempts at self preservation because...well I'm sure you can guess why.

Show me one message where I've condoned hearts attempt at self preservation please.

Guest Ecosse83
31 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's not about leagues or membership, it's about keeping clubs solvent and players in jobs, Shirley?

You've changed your tune, earlier on you were saying we should dump all of our players!

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Show me one message where I've condoned hearts attempt at self preservation please.

Show me one that says you wouldn't accept promotion "so that you'll have a division to play in", on the back of their trumped up reconstruction.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Show me one that says you wouldn't accept promotion "so that you'll have a division to play in", on the back of their trumped up reconstruction.

If the clubs somehow vote in her trumped up reconstruction then of course we'll accept it we're not stupid enough to say nah we'd rather stay in league one.. Doesnt mean I agree with the way shes going about things. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If the clubs somehow vote in her trumped up reconstruction then of course we'll accept it we're not stupid enough to say nah we'd rather stay in league one.. Doesnt mean I agree with the way shes going about things. 

Then you condone it.

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

As long as it sells season tickets it's better than sitting doing nothing.  However, you've got to wonder whether people would be interested if there was no real result come may.  August no but I doubt we can hang about for 6 months or longer to play and I'm sure partick are in the same boat. 

You're sort of answering your own question here.

I can't really see the point in playing in the Championship next season if it meant we were automatically 'relegated' again at the end of it. How would you feel if we won the league and, instead of going up the way, we came back down again? I'm not sure that I would want to pay for a season ticket which would effectively see us playing a series of friendlies. Also, what if the Championship and L1 clubs all decided to hibernate but L2 could go ahead? Would you be happy to be promoted if we finished 2nd and Stenhousemuir (for example) won it and were denied promotion because we wanted back up?

I can't see this happening unless Budge gets her wish and there's reconstruction granted.

Perhaps if we didn’t want to be treated like a wee club, we shouldn’t have acted like it the last three years and found ourselves playing in a league full of part-time, wee teams.

Edited by Hughsie

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

You're sort of answering your own question here.

I can't really see the point in playing in the Championship next season if it meant we were automatically 'relegated' again at the end of it. How would you feel if we won the league and, instead of going up the way, we came back down again? I'm not sure that I would want to pay for a season ticket which would effectively see us playing a series of friendlies. Also, what if the Championship and L1 clubs all decided to hibernate but L2 could go ahead? Would you be happy to be promoted if we finished 2nd and Stenhousemuir (for example) won it and were denied promotion because we wanted back up?

I can't see this happening unless Budge gets her wish and there's reconstruction granted.

What are the chances of league 2 playing and the others not come on. In that case you would have to decide if you thought you would be in a better position financially  from playing or not playing. I still think in most cases playing is far better for us than sitting doing nothing for a season.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Then you condone it.

Pish. If we got promoted via her plan it would be because the vast majority of clubs condoned it by voting for it.  I doubt any of the clubs that would be  promoted or saved from relegation by it really give a flying feck about hearts.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Pish. If we got promoted via her plan it would be because the vast majority of clubs condoned it by voting for it.  I doubt any of the clubs that would be  promoted or saved from relegation by it really give a flying feck about hearts.

^^^We are all Jam Tarts.

21 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Eh?

The testing of players, whether grounds are suitable, the transport thing, etc just things like that.Sorry for confusing everyone 😷 the crowd number was based on the German figures for their games. Shall try to explain my comments better in future,remember I'm English !

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What are the chances of league 2 playing and the others not come on. In that case you would have to decide if you thought you would be in a better position financially  from playing or not playing. I still think in most cases playing is far better for us than sitting doing nothing for a season.

Well, that's hardly the point is it?

Ok, so you think that playing would be better. How would you resolve the promotion/relegation questions?

Nobodies going to be playing until it's back to normal. The first player in Germany who catches it BCD and goes home to infect his family and it's all over. Expecting players to keep going for SKY and BT isn't going to happen while the virus is still a serious danger. Hopefully that won't be the case for much longer.

Nobodies going to be playing until it's back to normal. The first player in Germany who catches it BCD and goes home to infect his family and it's all over. Expecting players to keep going for SKY and BT isn't going to happen while the virus is still a serious danger. Hopefully that won't be the case for much longer.

Absolute pish.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That depends on how many leagues you've got etc.

Let's assume we've got two; premier and Championship. Falkirk scoosh the league. Where do we play the following season?

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Let's assume we've got two; premier and Championship. Falkirk scoosh the league. Where do we play the following season?

It would have to be agreed by all before the season started.  You would have to have some kind of meaning to it though or you would end up with a pile of games that would count for zip if you weren't challenging at the top. Anyway  going by what's happened over the past 20 odd years when it comes to us and promotion we haven't got a hope in hell.