The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Nothing makes us special. All clubs who are able to play football behind closed doors should be accommodated and league structure found to do so. 

There as to be a business plan that makes games behind closed doors financially viable if it's not don't play. The club has to find out what income will come in. The supporters have not been surveyed about the various options there could be.  That is just plain stupid !

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They're talking about october/November for premiership games today.

They're talking about it, but come Christmas if we're experiencing similar levels of infections will we not just go back into lockdown? I'm far from an expert on the matter because I've never had to worry about it, but are we not anticipating a rise in cases in conjunction with flu season? I wouldn't be harsh on any club, including QoTS if they didn't want to risk it. 

Edited to add:With the Premiership they at least have the TV money, the lower down we go the less of that we have. 

Edited by Grant228

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

They're talking about it, but come Christmas if we're experiencing similar levels of infections will we not just go back into lockdown? I'm far from an expert on the matter because I've never had to worry about it, but are we not anticipating a rise in cases in conjunction with flu season? I wouldn't be harsh on any club, including QoTS if they didn't want to risk it. 

Edited to add:With the Premiership they at least have the TV money, the lower down we go the less of that we have. 

I just wish they'd get on with it and decide something as clubs are losing money by the day just now.  More and more players are losing their jobs every week and yet theres so much dithering going on. Severe lack of leadership.as usual.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

There's absolutely no club in the bottom two tiers who could play a whole season behind closed doors. 

More chance than a championship side I would think, part time players who would probably play for the love of the game. Some clubs  who only need a couple of hundred of a crowd to exist,  will now be backed by money from spfl funds. Whereas championship teams with full time players no hospitality income ,advertising  etc. 

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I just wish they'd get on with it and decide something as clubs are losing money by the day just now.  More and more players are losing their jobs every week and yet theres so much dithering going on. Severe lack of leadership.as usual.

Nothing stop full time sides employing a team of amateurs of course. 

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I don't think they can set any guarantees though can they, its all fine and well the league coming out and saying let's fire it on for October but come December if we go back into quarantine and clubs are left with players with 6 months of a contract left, fans will then rightly tear into the league for starting a competition they had no chance of concluding. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Nothing stop full time sides employing a team of amateurs of course. 

I don't think they can set any guarantees though can they, its all fine and well the league coming out and saying let's fire it on for October but come December if we go back into quarantine and clubs are left with players with 6 months of a contract left, fans will then rightly tear into the league for starting a competition they had no chance of concluding. 

They cant keep waiting and waiting. They should go with the govt guidelines and get on with it. Christ we've not even started the new season yet and we're already worse off after doncaster agreed to pay back cash to sky . His negotiating is right up there with neville Chamberlain. And if you sign amateurs what do you do with the contracted players you already have on your books. They're hardly going to agree to a pay off in the current climate.

25 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They cant keep waiting and waiting. They should go with the govt guidelines and get on with it. Christ we've not even started the new season yet and we're already worse off after doncaster agreed to pay back cash to sky . His negotiating is right up there with neville Chamberlain. And if you sign amateurs what do you do with the contracted players you already have on your books. They're hardly going to agree to a pay off in the current climate.

That's the problem ! the ruling associations are waiting and not telling anybody anything. Meanwhile member clubs are bleeding money most likely needlessly endangering their futures.

Almost like the chicken and egg - back to some sort of reality or wait for a vaccine. Only been a few months yet the UK seems to be on its knees, desperate to return to something. Guessing crowds of 250-350 are ok for most lower clubs- but it's the whole challenge of putting a game on that seems to be awkward, lack of leadership OR lack of answers.

28 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Almost like the chicken and egg - back to some sort of reality or wait for a vaccine. Only been a few months yet the UK seems to be on its knees, desperate to return to something. Guessing crowds of 250-350 are ok for most lower clubs- but it's the whole challenge of putting a game on that seems to be awkward, lack of leadership OR lack of answers.

Eh?

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

That's the problem ! the ruling associations are waiting and not telling anybody anything. Meanwhile member clubs are bleeding money most likely needlessly endangering their futures.

How are clubs bleeding money at the moment,  there is no income, when is there in early June in any season..   99 percent of staff are furloughed..  Please explain

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

How are clubs bleeding money at the moment,  there is no income, when is there in early June in any season..   99 percent of staff are furloughed..  Please explain

Stadium ! you can bet your last penny the Council and Community Stadium Company are still getting full whack. If there was a reduction they would not be shy about telling everybody.  Wages remember FFC are paying the 20% shortfall. Taxes. Nation Insurance. Players health insurance. Employees pension contributions. That has been going on since March.

Listening to our first minister and our chief heath guy, it’s obvious that football as we know it is a very long time away, and guess normality is anyone’s guess. If you’ve been watching the the German games and enjoying it, good on you. Never one to agree with any of the OF ex players, but Pheeds manager got it spot on, boring trainingesque at best, and without spectators it’s a bit of a joke. Couldn’t agree more.....

Interesting views on the so called philanthropist saviour, I’f the so called £50K per club is the game changer the 42 clubs need, I suggest that it may keep the Brechin afloat, but no where near what the full time teams require. To cap it all we now have Donny asking for the clubs to consider an enhanced SPL with 14 teams for next few years, really ?!? you couldn’t make it up.......

Jeez, is everything good that’s ever done for Scottish football got to be dismissed or shat upon?

Someone is just about to hand our clubs £2M for nothing in return and has insisted that its split equally instead of the usual imbalance of lining the OF pockets first and it’s greeted with scepticism?

Now we have the unlikely suggestion of a 14 team top league which would probably get us out of the League One mire but scorn is poured on that suggestion because Doncaster has proposed it in writing.

I get how frustrated we are with so much unfairness with the game up here but can we get a bit of perspective please?…

7 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Someone is just about to hand our clubs £2M for nothing in return and has insisted that its split equally instead of the usual imbalance of lining the OF pockets first and it’s greeted with scepticism?

Did they, when?

7 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Now we have the unlikely suggestion of a 14 team top league which would probably get us out of the League One mire but scorn is poured on that suggestion because Doncaster has proposed it in writing.

Ah, I'm  beginning to see your angle now.

You cant just randomly create an expanded second tier because some clubs dont want to play until fans are allowed back.

Youd have the ridiculous situation of teams like Brechin trying to capitalise by putting their hand in.

Then what happens in November when crowds are allowed back in? 

Start a 3rd tier with teams who have waited, then go back to 4 tiers next season?

So Brechin, who finished bottom of the league system, would more than likely end up in the 3rd tier for 21/22? 😂

As soon as clubs got told theyd be in the second tier if they played, theyd all decide it was worth the gamble. Youd then have too many clubs.

You can't say youd just limit the size of the division because that's literally no different yo the current situation, apart from promoting a couple of teams who didnt finish in a promotion spot.

Partick fans raised £150k for their club, to help them see their way through potentially 4/5 months of inactivity. Falkirk fans should be capable of the same.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You cant just randomly create an expanded second tier because some clubs dont want to play until fans are allowed back.

Youd have the ridiculous situation of teams like Brechin trying to capitalise by putting their hand in.

Then what happens in November when crowds are allowed back in? 

Start a 3rd tier with teams who have waited, then go back to 4 tiers next season?

So Brechin, who finished bottom of the league system, would more than likely end up in the 3rd tier for 21/22? 😂

As soon as clubs got told theyd be in the second tier if they played, theyd all decide it was worth the gamble. Youd then have too many clubs.

You can't say youd just limit the size of the division because that's literally no different yo the current situation, apart from promoting a couple of teams who didnt finish in a promotion spot.

Partick fans raised £150k for their club, to help them see their way through potentially 4/5 months of inactivity. Falkirk fans should be capable of the same.

We still dont know if league one and two will play at all next season which would be the main issue here.Partick are of the same view as us .That 150k is to also help finance games played behind closed doors as they are ready to play and askingto play now.  Is it not better to give players jobs by allowing teams who can play to play instead of seeing players flung on the scrap heap with no sign of a job for months because teams who can play are sitting on their arses doing nothing?Just seems crazy to me to do that.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

8 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Stadium ! you can bet your last penny the Council and Community Stadium Company are still getting full whack. If there was a reduction they would not be shy about telling everybody.  Wages remember FFC are paying the 20% shortfall. Taxes. Nation Insurance. Players health insurance. Employees pension contributions. That has been going on since March.

Plus we should be selling season tickets at this very moment but we cant due to having no idea what's happening. That money should be getting used to pay various annual costs. 

8 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Jeez, is everything good that’s ever done for Scottish football got to be dismissed or shat upon?

I get how frustrated we are with so much unfairness with the game up here but can we get a bit of perspective please?…

Problem was he was first described by budge as a saviour for lower league clubs and now we're finding out it's really just going to paper over the cracks for most clubs. If its fallen by 2.75 million in a day then god knows what will actually hit the bank accounts.

20 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

“ There’s a new sense of optimism “ now being quoted in today’s BBC sport. I sincerely hope that’s the case after weeks of arguments, threats of violence, threats of libel, threats of taking the SPFL to court. 
However just can’t get the thought of Hearts being saved is driver behind this wonderful gift....

Well you've got to ask why weeks ago doncaster wanted the season finished and hearts relegated asap and yet now hes trying to force a 14 team top flight down everyones throats.  For most fans we still dont have a clue what's going on and nothing seems clearer.