The Falkirk FC Thread

The majority of us did.

As a teenager at the time, you generally went along with the masses and what the aulder guys done.

Not to my memory of those around me.

I suppose you will join the masses if Farid rams in a hat trick at the TFS?

He won't get abuse from me, neither did McAllister, but I certainly wont be clapping him.

Edited by Back Post Misses

looking back at the team from 09/10.. soo many let downs; Toufik Zerara, finnbogasson, marceta and showumni. on the plus side we had Pele.. and we had no red cards the full season, surely thats a first?

Pele did indeed look good, but then got badly injured.

That season was one long fuckup. Think of the goalless draws, the 2 points thrown away against St Mirren at the end (cheers, Bobby), and the 1-0 defeat to Hamilton where they played their reserve goalie and took all their best players off - almost trying to let us win!!

PS I seem to remember a red card in a (shock!) 0-0 draw with Motherwell, where Stewart Murdoch made what I think was his debut.

Not to my memory of those around me.

I suppose you will join the masses if Farid rams in a hat trick at the TFS?

He won't get abuse from me, neither did McAllister, but I certainly wont be clapping him.

I never clapped Crunchie when he scored, but he got n ovation when he went off.

looking back at the team from 09/10.. soo many let downs; Toufik Zerara, finnbogasson, marceta and showumni. on the plus side we had Pele.. and we had no red cards the full season, surely thats a first?

I remember Marceta looking class in the Antwerp game and one of the other pre season fixtures.

Shows you can't put too much emphasis on friendlies.

If Pele was not injured that season we would have stayed up he was a class act.

The front line was terrible, Showumni, Marceta, Macdonald, Stewart and Finnigan to name a few.

The only good thing about that season was Ryan Flynn and the return of Pedro in the 3-3 versus Celtic.

I was an STI holder at the Falkirk stadium that year and went to probably 8 or 9 away games as well, yet I have no recollection of this guy at all.

Should maybe get that checked might be affecting you`re memory.

Who is this Pele? Scott Arfield?

Senor Pedro Miguel Cardoso Monteiro to you. Class central defender, played for Southampton and West Brom before us. Made one mistake with us as as remember, and the later injury he took on our behalf probably wrecked his career. Top man. From Cape Verde.

McCallister is a legend, Farid isn't and never will be classed as a legend.

I agree, and it really annoys me when people seriously refer to Farid as a legend. You can't play for one season and be a legend. Cult hero, not a legend.

Anyone that scores a hattrick at EEP, and then starts doing keepy-uppys is ok in my book.

The same goes for anyone that contributes two goals to win our last ever game against Rangers.

If Farid scores against us he won't celebrate. And if he doesn't score against us, I'll clap him off.