The Falkirk FC Thread

Nothing will prevent you from playing friendly if you so wish, what exactly are Falkirk expecting, to just be parachuted into the Premier/championship? 
The entire reconstruction thing has been an Ill thought out attempt to save Hearts, but wouldnt you agree that it's a bit harsh in the situation we are in, that if a football club says it's ready and able to play football, they arent allowed to because their peer group aren't in the same position?

23 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Nothing will prevent you from playing friendly if you so wish, what exactly are Falkirk expecting, to just be parachuted into the Premier/championship? 

We're expecting the spfl to provide us with a league to play in and not have us sitting on our arses doing nothing for a season which would probably kill the club.   I mean do you think it's fair to relegate partick in the situation they were in into a league that may not kick a ball for months?  Friendlies wont bring in money it's up to the league to ensure that clubs that need to play and are able to play get to play.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I think if some Championship teams can't fulfil fixtures next season, then it's perfectly fair that Partick, then Falkirk are given the opportunity to take their place if they can.

If all of the clubs in the top 2 leagues are able to make a go of it then I can't see how Partick and Falkirk will be treated any differently than the other League 1 clubs. 

5 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I think if some Championship teams can't fulfil fixtures next season, then it's perfectly fair that Partick, then Falkirk are given the opportunity to take their place if they can.

If all of the clubs in the top 2 leagues are able to make a go of it then I can't see how Partick and Falkirk will be treated any differently than the other League 1 clubs. 

I reckon we would have to go down the restraint of trade route if that was the case as it would be either that or we would go out the game and partick are the same. You cant get through a season with no money coming in and a squad of full time footballers on the wage bill. It's impossible. I doubt this boys cash is going to cover that.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

45 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

The entire reconstruction thing has been an Ill thought out attempt to save Hearts, but wouldnt you agree that it's a bit harsh in the situation we are in, that if a football club says it's ready and able to play football, they arent allowed to because their peer group aren't in the same position?

You are allowed too though, as I said there's absolutely f**k all stopping Falkirk playing any games is there? 

38 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We're expecting the spfl to provide us with a league to play in and not have us sitting on our arses doing nothing for a season which would probably kill the club.   I mean do you think it's fair to relegate partick in the situation they were in into a league that may not kick a ball for months?  Friendlies wont bring in money it's up to the league to ensure that clubs that need to play and are able to play get to play.

If clubs from the championship can't fulfil fixtures and that's clear then I'd expect Partick would be given first dibs, if a couple can then by all means I'd imagine Falkirk would be next, what makes you more special than any other club in the bottom two tiers? If Dumbarton are in a position to fulfil fixtures why are you more special than them? 

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I reckon we would have to go down the restraint of trade route if that was the case as it would be either that or we would go out the game and partick are the same. You cant get through a season with no money coming in and a squad of full time footballers on the wage bill. It's impossible. I doubt this boys cash is going to cover that.

Mothball the club then or play friendly tournaments all year, people are quite rightly giving Hearts absolute pelters for trying to force through reconstruction to the Premiership in an effort to keep themselves up, absolutely no difference here. 

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That is why the financial outgoings have to be addressed sooner rather than later. 

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You are allowed too though, as I said there's absolutely f**k all stopping Falkirk playing any games is there? 

If clubs from the championship can't fulfil fixtures and that's clear then I'd expect Partick would be given first dibs, if a couple can then by all means I'd imagine Falkirk would be next, what makes you more special than any other club in the bottom two tiers? If Dumbarton are in a position to fulfil fixtures why are you more special than them? 

Mothball the club then or play friendly tournaments all year, people are quite rightly giving Hearts absolute pelters for trying to force through reconstruction to the Premiership in an effort to keep themselves up, absolutely no difference here. 

Nothing makes us special. All clubs who are able to play football behind closed doors should be accommodated and league structure found to do so. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Nothing makes us special. All clubs who are able to play football behind closed doors should be accommodated and league structure found to do so. 

Totally agree. If clubs want to make the effort to keep people in employment in order to allow games to be played then we should embrace this and allow them to play games.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There's absolutely no club in the bottom two tiers who could play a whole season behind closed doors. 

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Totally agree. If clubs want to make the effort to keep people in employment in order to allow games to be played then we should embrace this and allow them to play games.

People at clubs, but also keeping young footballers and part time pros in the game. We face a lost generation of footballers to better jobs as they cant afford to wait it out. Considering it's not that long ago the arse cheeks were seeking to bully and bribe their colt teams into the lower leagues because of the valuable experience, there doesnt half seem to be some "f**k the lower leagues" attitudes going about. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

There's absolutely no club in the bottom two tiers who could play a whole season behind closed doors. 

Except Falkirk, who have said they are ready and able to play? 

Can Dunfermline play in such circumstances? Are you waiting to see what handout you get for saving Hearts? Should that hangout be used to protect all league clubs or just some?

Tell me what the fair grounds are for sacrificing clubs to the wall? Purely league position?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

People at clubs, but also keeping young footballers and part time pros in the game. We face a lost generation of footballers to better jobs as they cant afford to wait it out. Considering it's not that long ago the arse cheeks were seeking to bully and bribe their colt teams into the lower leagues because of the valuable experience, there doesnt half seem to be some "f**k the lower leagues" attitudes going about. 

The posters that are making light of it don’t understand the wider economic impact of what’s going on here. 

19 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

How can you mothball a club with a squad of full time players on the books? Let's just force teams to  jettison players into unemployment by not allowing flexibility so that if teams can play they are allowed to play. Crazy stuff.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Can Dunfermline play in such circumstances? Are you waiting to see what handout you get for saving Hearts? Should that hangout be used to protect all league clubs or just some?

Tell me what the fair grounds are for sacrificing clubs to the wall? Purely league position?

If you ignore him he’ll go away.

He was trying to cause an argument with the Raith lads last week.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

How can Falkirk apparently play through a whole season behind closed doors, and yet your club will die without it? In both cases your match day income will be tiny, not anywhere close to being enough to cover the running costs of the club. And yet with the few hundred subscribers on Falkirk TV that'll keep you going? You know as much as I do that any statements like that are posturing in the extreme by Falkirk. 

No Dunfermline can't, the only club in the bottom three tiers who could would be Dundee who have a massively wealthy owner, absolutely no club in the bottom three divisions is capable of playing a whole season behind closed doors. 

There's no fair grounds for just chucking Falkirk in the championship just because they can play, where do you stop? Junior clubs and smaller clubs seem to be dealing better with this due to there small outgoings, would Falkirk be happy with playing in the lowland league for a year, before then hopefully resuming there place in league 1 for the 21/22 season? 

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How can you mothball a club with a squad of full time players on the books? Let's just force teams to  jettison players into unemployment by not allowing flexibility so that if teams can play they are allowed to play. Crazy stuff.

You are allowed to play, it's doubtful that will be in the championship because you know, you're not a championship club. But Falkirk can still play football games. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

How can Falkirk apparently play through a whole season behind closed doors, and yet your club will die without it? In both cases your match day income will be tiny, not anywhere close to being enough to cover the running costs of the club. And yet with the few hundred subscribers on Falkirk TV that'll keep you going? You know as much as I do that any statements like that are posturing in the extreme by Falkirk. 

No Dunfermline can't, the only club in the bottom three tiers who could would be Dundee who have a massively wealthy owner, absolutely no club in the bottom three divisions is capable of playing a whole season behind closed doors. 

There's no fair grounds for just chucking Falkirk in the championship just because they can play, where do you stop? Junior clubs and smaller clubs seem to be dealing better with this due to there small outgoings, would Falkirk be happy with playing in the lowland league for a year, before then hopefully resuming there place in league 1 for the 21/22 season? 

You are allowed to play, it's doubtful that will be in the championship because you know, you're not a championship club. But Falkirk can still play football games. 

Pretty obvious that we are talking about league football, if you could stop wasting time by throwing in pointless theoreticals like "no one is stopping you playing friendlies" maybe a more sensible debate can be had. 

Gary Deans said Falkirk are ready to play football. 

Whatever is being done to accommodate league football should go throughout the league. And financial handout to the SPFL should be distributed accordingly to get football going and if that's not enough money (as is probable) then the SPFL season should put out a call to see who can play, who needs to hibernate, and come up with a plan from there. It's difficult, but it's not rocket science and it's also fair. 

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Whose saying anything about a whole season behind closed doors ffs? Would expect it to be closed doors till xmas maybe and then crowds from the turn of the year. That allows clubs to sell season tickets now though with the first half being streaming and the second half as normal.   And come on I think.a few more than 100 folk are going to want to watch games on tv if you cant attend and they're proper fixtures.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Whatever is being done to accommodate league football should go throughout the league. And financial handout to the SPFL should be distributed accordingly to get football going and if that's not enough money (as is probable) then the SPFL season should put out a call to see who can play, who needs to hibernate, and come up with a plan from there. It's difficult, but it's not rocket science and it's also fair. 

Totally agree. 

Interesting to note that Queens Park have come out and said they want to play league football. 

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/challenging-times-committed-to-play/

I wonder how many lower league clubs feel the same way. 

It shouldn't be hard to accommodate everyone. The difficulty comes if a sizeable number of clubs want to hibernate. At which point it might be proposed that the Spiders play Hearts in an enlarged Championship next season. 

Would any hibernating Championship / League One clubs try to veto such a proposal? And would QP return to L2 for the following season? 

There are no clubs In Scotland outwith Celtic and Rangers that could play a whole season behind closed doors.

Fans will be back at games by January in some way or another IMO.

6 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Would any hibernating Championship / League One clubs try to veto such a proposal? And would QP return to L2 for the following season? 

29 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Put these quotes in the same post because I think the same point is pertinent to both. If any club was to ask to hibernate then it would be QoTS, they're in a pretty good place for mothballing with very few full time players left, they might not see it being worth the risk signing up a full squad and I 100% get that, everyone's talking about Christmas as of by that point covid will be sorted but I can't see that thinking at all, if we haven't got sufficient herd immunity or a vaccine why will everything be better by Christmas? 

So say QoTS veto it and mothball, should they be relegated? How far down should they be relegated? Do we just have a bit of a void season where promotion and relegations don't count? I don't think it would be nearly as simple as you're making out.