The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Ultra Thistle Bhoy said:

Falkirk not winning league next season. Patrick Thistle goin to shit all over league 

As long as you clean your arses, cos the T H I S T L E will be getting rode senseless  up that East coast this coming season.

19 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I see Richard Foster is one of them. I'm sure his sevco supporting other half will be back bleating in the papers about how hard done by he is.  Bit of a laugh coming from a multi millionaire although god knows how.

Shes been moaning for weeks about it, as has Foster.

Last year they flew all their family to Las Vegas for a wedding.

16 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Never a fan of Strachan, but apart from one or two points, can’t argue with his statement. Said for years that all full time teams should be in a different set up, with strict criteria ie must have youth teams or academy so that Scottish football could start producing home grown talent. 

The problem isnt the clubs.

St Johnstone have Ali McCann just now. A 20yo CM born in Scotland, a regular in the top flight, and making most peoples Team of the Season while also being a contender for Young Player of the Year.

What's happened to him Internationally?

Northern Ireland spent about a year, to a time before he had even broken into Saints team, talking to him about how he would fit in, and future plans for him in terms of a timeline.

Scotland never spoke to him once, even now hes apparently never had a call. There was a U21 squad this season, before he'd committed to NI, and he was ignored for Ewan Henderson, a Celtic loanee who was looking miles out his depth at the same level McCann was starring at.

Clearly this is the fault of Brechin.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Johnstone have Ali McCann just now. A 20yo CM born in Scotland, a regular in the top flight, and making most peoples Team of the Season while also being a contender for Young Player of the Year.

Northern Ireland spent about a year, to a time before he had even broken into Saints team, talking to him about how he would fit in, and future plans for him in terms of a timeline.

Scotland never spoke to him once, even now hes apparently never had a call. There was a U21 squad this season, before he'd committed to NI, and he was ignored for Ewan Henderson, a Celtic loanee who was looking miles out his depth at the same level McCann was starring at.

Mind you if he bases his international future on who comes in for him first then I'm quite happy for him to feck off to Northern Ireland.  

5 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

No , we went into Provisional Liquidation as there was no administration at that time. 

The town rallied round , the players played for nothing and we even reached the Scottish Cup Final during it all.

Falkirk survived and managed to pay every creditor in full (the polar opposite of that lot from East End Park).

How about yourselves , or should I really ask how many times? 

56 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Big difference between paying every penny of debt back and twice shafting all your creditors with penny in the pound pay backs and then moving on as if nothings happened. Once is bad enough but twice is embarrassing to say the least for a once great club like dundee.

So you survived on a bailout then?

I am sure we could have done the same if our debt wasn't £23m.

£1.5m? Pffft we lost that in 6 months last season.

Still don't think it's well placed for yourselves to take the moral high ground when it comes to finances.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Still don't think it's well placed for yourselves to take the moral high ground when it comes to finances.

We live within our means, we paid our creditors back we haven't run up an insurmountable debt or shafted anyone since you sound like shafting creditors should be a badge of honour. Livingston leading the way with 3 times.

Edited by AL-FFC

18 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

The fans paid every penny back. Unlike dundee who paid back a fraction not once but twice.Who cares about the poor old creditors that lost a pile of cash on these two occasions.  Christ even we had to help you out the second time. Clubs shouldnt be allowed to spend cash they dont have and then write huge parts of it off before carrying on as if nothings happened. Second admin should also mean you're out the game as you obviously haven't learned anything from the first feck up.

I'd be asking questions if I were you if your running at a 1.5million quid loss for 6 months and still struggling in the championship.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Scotland CMs play for Manchester United and Aston Villa, not St Johnstone. If he’s happy to settle for playing for the failed statelet then let him. It says as much about his ambition as it does the judgement of the Scotland pickers. If he was that desperate for a Scotland cap he should have probably moved away from Perth sooner, preferably down south.

48 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Mind you if he bases his international future on who comes in for him first then I'm quite happy for him to feck off to Northern Ireland.  

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Scotland CMs play for Manchester United and Aston Villa, not St Johnstone. If he’s happy to settle for playing for the failed statelet then let him. It says as much about his ambition as it does the judgement of the Scotland pickers. If he was that desperate for a Scotland cap he should have probably moved away from Perth sooner, preferably down south.

My point was more about the selection process than Ali McCann.

My point was more about the selection process than Ali McCann.

In their defence I’d suggest you take a look at some u19 and u21 squads of any nation from 10-20 years ago. You’ll find a good mix of guys who went on to make it and guys who fell by the wayside. It’s a difficult thing to get right.

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

In their defence I’d suggest you take a look at some u19 and u21 squads of any nation from 10-20 years ago. You’ll find a good mix of guys who went on to make it and guys who fell by the wayside. It’s a difficult thing to get right.

Nah, it's a conspiracy against St Johnstone. Zander Clark and Jason Kerr should have 50 caps each by now.

3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

If Partick do have new found wealth how come they didn't spend some of it back in January making sure they finished above giants of the game like Alloa, QOS, Arbroath, Ayr and Morton?

We don’t have any new found wealth, I’m afraid. 

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

^^^

Wee Part-time supporter losing his shit that the gravy train is about to end.

FWIW Strachan is right and if my club want to be part of this then off the field we need to get our act together quickly which would of course help on it.

Deranged rantings from Strachan are no more likely to change  anything than previous deranged rantings from the likes of Malky Mackay.

18 hours ago, Ultra Thistle Bhoy said:

Falkirk not winning league next season. Patrick Thistle goin to shit all over league 

Hopefully someones marked this to repost at the appropriate time.

18 hours ago, Ultra Thistle Bhoy said:

Falkirk winning league next season. Partick Thistle goin to be shit all over league 

Since this is the Falkirk thread, I took the time to FIFY.

Edited by TxRover