Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

On reading the news article about the independent investigation vote (link below), one part stood out for me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52631918

The quote from the SPFL Chairman that "In reality, we must do everything humanly possible to get games back up and running by the end of July".

Really?

So workers can be furloughed until October, the experts say there will be no vaccine or cure available in 2020, and yet he's pushing to get football back in just over two months?

I'd love to know the thinking behind that one.

Their beloved Sky deal is due to start in August. It's literally all they are interested in. It's worth remembering that they have not. as yet, even ended this season's Premier League as yet. So who knows what is he talking about, this season, a new season, whatever, it's complete fantasy anyway. But this will be the strategy from now, that somehow the Premier League can get up and running behind closed doors (highly, highly unlikely) so that Sky get their contractually agreed four bigotfests and the diddies will just need to fend for themselves and survive as best they can for as long as they can. I sense it's every club for themselves from here onwards.

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

Their beloved Sky deal is due to start in August. It's literally all they are interested in. It's worth remembering that they have not. as yet, even ended this season's Premier League as yet. So who knows what is he talking about, this season, a new season, whatever, it's complete fantasy anyway. But this will be the strategy from now, that somehow the Premier League can get up and running behind closed doors (highly, highly unlikely) so that Sky get their contractually agreed four bigotfests and the diddies will just need to fend for themselves and survive as best they can for as long as they can. I sense it's every club for themselves from here onwards.

It’s pretty simple to me, and probably confirmed by Perth’s finest issuing their pathetic cringeworthy statement on why they voted against reconstruction.

Without the Sky deal, the SPL would simply collapse. All the clubs budgets are based on the money’s paid out, and if anyone thinks that any of these clubs give a Fck about anyone else, give yourself a shake. Greed, greed and self interest. As said by AGPar it’s look after No 1 and Fck everyone else. 
Just wondering how Dundee & their shameful chairman Helms are getting paid & compensated. Players on loan ? Friendly pre season ? 

Yes. This probably throws a lifeline to many clubs, but if my understanding is correct the Government will reduce the current 80% after June. Interesting that there’s an undertone coming from the top division down south and on Sky Sports some players publicly against playing any football until the virus is at least under control. 
I’m more convinced that we won’t be at any football games until next year. Probably reinforcing that with no income whatsoever through gates, and even with extension of the forlough, there’s not going to be 42 clubs in a few months time.

In place until August in full

9 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Dominic Iorfa and Tony Finnigan,2 signings that Lambie picked out a book.

First time I've seen it since then, what a game in a season of utter dung.           

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

First time I've seen it since then, what a game in a season of utter dung.           

I came out with Albert Craig should not be allowed to buy a Falkirk top let alone wear one.

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The structure of Scottish Football is not going to change at the moment. The powerful do not legislate to erode their power unless they are forced.

That force will come from restructuring due to clubs going out of business. Therefore the voting structure would have to change to reflect this fundamental change in circumstances. ie Clubs out of business. New league structure required so the voting structure would have to change as well.

That is the only way that change will happen. One club one vote !

Been saying all along reconstruction would only happen once some clubs goto the wall..they'd simply have to as numbers will dictate. Won't shed a tear either.

11 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I came out with Albert Craig should not be allowed to buy a Falkirk top let alone wear one.

Loved Albert after he battered Gareth Evan's in the brockville tunnel. 

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

I am, don’t worry. The advantage Raith have is a fan base that is less alienated from the club, but that doesn’t replace the money in the bank FFC have. I was just wondering if there have been any whispers about more cost cutting.

I'm not worried that you're not worried or worried.

And I take your point you have an onboard fan base , but you can only got to the well so many times (well once probably).

Tough times ahead for many clubs of Raith's size and structure. 

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

The question becomes what is the expenditure level of a hibernating club, and if the Premiership can play the 2020-2021 season, can staged prize money distribution (Sky is playing for those games, not the lower division ones) keep some of the smaller clubs afloat on minimal budgets? In many cases, it might come down to property costs (or the lack of them) and how small they can make the team staff. The players will all be set free, and more than a few may move to different locales to play elsewhere, so the reconstitution of teams would be interesting, at least.

Since most players are out of contract in a month or so, what benefits will they be eligible for? I don’t see the Government allowing contracts to be signed to be placed immediately on the furlough scheme, so what income will unsigned full-time players be able to access? Is a redundancy payment an option for an out of contract situation?

You make a great point about the new contracts.

I cannot see either how the Government will allow players effectively starting a new  contract to benefit from the furlough scheme - it's for existing jobs only.

Unless of course they make football a special case but then why the hell would they. There will be many in the same boat - self employed contractors - who would want the same.

Can't see how a redundancy payment would apply to an end of contract situation either. 

Out of contract players will simply go on the dole until it's all ended.

5 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Is it not because the new TV deal kicks in at the end of July and they worry Sky will pull the plug?

We live in hope.

5 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

I saw the July quote on the BBC site and my first thought was “WTF?”

ETA - now got it’s own story

SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan urges July football return

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52638693

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The guys clueless.

Shno happenin! It's wur Glesga Fair naw rat palaver so an it is, know but?

You know, ever since I’ve understood how lopsided the split of money is through the different divisions I’ve come to the conclusion that it may not be a bad thing if the deal does fall through. The level of greed and self preservation in the top division is not healthy for the sport and it’s resulting in gaps widening between the clubs with money and those that receive very little.

I’ve lost sympathy in recent weeks with most of the clubs in the SPFL, particularly the upper tier and the Dundee duo, so if a few go to the wall I used to think that would be a bad thing, but not anymore.

Clubs should be working together to preserve their existence, instead we’ve an “I’m all right Jack” attitude of some of the bigger clubs that have left a bitter taste and it’s been fed further by the downright incompetent actions of the SPFL governors.

It’s time for change in Scottish football and if that now means some clubs go to the wall, I personally couldn’t give a f**k anymore......

2 hours ago, keithgy said:

After that goal he became much better, and was very useful for the following season or so.

This popped up on my Youtube feed last night

Some of the tackling is superb but would get red cards and bans today. 

10 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

You make a great point about the new contracts.

I cannot see either how the Government will allow players effectively starting a new  contract to benefit from the furlough scheme - it's for existing jobs only.

Unless of course they make football a special case but then why the hell would they. There will be many in the same boat - self employed contractors - who would want the same.

Can't see how a redundancy payment would apply to an end of contract situation either. 

Out of contract players will simply go on the dole until it's all ended.

That is the ruling in employment law. Your terms of employment are between two set dates. No if, buts, maybe about it HR have these type of contracts bulletproof.

So players out of contract at the end of the season and youth and academy signings are mostly season to season will be away. Nobody ! but nobody at FFC level will be signing anybody until there is a date when football can be played in front of a crowd.

That situation could well apply to Miller & McCracken as well. Contracts up end of May end of June ? anybody clarify. 

With no income and no date when the club will get any. Its cut overheads. Clear the decks of players ( Mutch ? worth keeping ) Vacate the stadium and be free of the running costs, insurance, services, upkeep of the fabric of the building etc. For once not owning a stadium works in our favour so tell the council to F off ! In fact record it and put it on Falkirk TV on a pay per view basis - that would get some cash in !

Costs should be next to none and we should be in a better shape than most when things return to normal.

9 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

You know, ever since I’ve understood how lopsided the split of money is through the different divisions I’ve come to the conclusion that it may not be a bad thing if the deal does fall through. The level of greed and self preservation in the top division is not healthy for the sport and it’s resulting in gaps widening between the clubs with money and those that receive very little.

I’ve lost sympathy in recent weeks with most of the clubs in the SPFL, particularly the upper tier and the Dundee duo, so if a few go to the wall I used to think that would be a bad thing, but not anymore.

Clubs should be working together to preserve their existence, instead we’ve an “I’m all right Jack” attitude of some of the bigger clubs that have left a bitter taste and it’s been fed further by the downright incompetent actions of the SPFL governors.

It’s time for change in Scottish football and if that now means some clubs go to the wall, I personally couldn’t give a f**k anymore......

Agree, genuinely thought that there was some kind of respect/trust between clubs albeit with a degree of self interest. The prize for anyone outside the SPL was always the winning ticket to the big league. Until approximately two months ago, guess all supporters would have just accepted the usual bigot bro’s fighting, who are winning titles, who are involved in the relegation battles, what teams are in position for promotion and who are in contention for the play off games. 
Roll on approx eight weeks.

All football within the lower leagues stopped and with nearly a quarter of games to go, we hand out titles and relegate clubs, apart from Brechin who’s chairman sits on the SPFL board. We simply say Fck off to Kelty & lowland teams. We’re told that this has been done to allow payments to clubs that were desperate for funding ( and to keep from going bust) 

Meantime the SPFL look for UEFA guidance so that they can award Celtic the title and absolve any blame from themselves when Rangers react to decision.

The team set up to formulate reconstruction is simply a lie/pipe dream to distract away from the abhorrent decision to relegate Hearts Partick & Stranraer.
Vote to basically try and bring down SPFL board rejected. 

Bitter and discriminate in fighting between clubs, allegations / counter allegations between all clubs. 

Like many supporters up and down the country, the recent abhorrent decisions taken have changed most of our mindsets and probably looking at Scottish football like never before.

Me I hope that any deals made with the SPFL fail, and maybe, just maybe the resultant abyss could be good for saving our game in the long run. Don’t be fooled, the minute some teams down south go bust, our two senior teams will be off in a shot.

I sincerely hope that our club can ride this out, and I suspect that the behaviour of our fans will be more clinical when/if we start playing football, and look after our club and not lacing the pockets of other clubs who have shat on us from a great height.

It's actually disgraceful they have pushed this belief that football will start in July again. Teams will be forced to go and sign players for next season then be stuck with them when in reality no football takes place for a good while beyond July. 

14 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

It's actually disgraceful they have pushed this belief that football will start in July again. Teams will be forced to go and sign players for next season then be stuck with them when in reality no football takes place for a good while beyond July. 

Same disease as England’s finest, get the Sky deals concluded at any cost, Fck footballers lives. Sincerely hope more players refuse the potential of catching a life threatening disease than lacing the pockets  of self righteous shareholders who couldn’t give two Fcks about the players and fans.

32 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Same disease as England’s finest, get the Sky deals concluded at any cost, Fck footballers lives. Sincerely hope more players refuse the potential of catching a life threatening disease than lacing the pockets  of self righteous shareholders who couldn’t give two Fcks about the players and fans.

Danny Rose hits the nail on the head f**k the nations morale when it comes to football this is peoples lives we are talking about.