The Falkirk FC Thread

First show him in a friendly (Royal Antwerp perhaps) and he looked a really decent player never really played at that level again.

He didn't play against Antwerp, wasn't signed until a couple of games in to the season IIRC

I just had a look back at that season. Seven 0-0 draws. Showunmi, McDonald & Finbogasson got 2 goals between them.

He didn't play against Antwerp, wasn't signed until a couple of games in to the season IIRC

I just had a look back at that season. Seven 0-0 draws. Showunmi, McDonald & Finbogasson got 2 goals between them.

God, I've just remembered that wee McDonald.

So much of the 09/10 season is compressed in a please forget compartment in my brain.

First show him in a friendly (Royal Antwerp perhaps) and he looked a really decent player never really played at that level again.

The Royal Antwerp fans are welcome back anytime, their North stand conga while singing amarillo from our winning goal right through to the end of the game was one for the ages.

I'll never forgive Eddie May for not taking Europe seriously, I honestly think had we taken it more seriously we'd have won through two rounds, and maybe even gotten to the group stages.

Can't think of anyone else other than Stainrod that gave us such a lift in such a short space of time!

I picked Farid in my team of all time Falkirk greats so the thought of him scoring against us, especially at the stadium, is just doing my head in!

It's also got me thinking of who we're going to get to partner Rory as we sure as f**k need somebody.

Chris Waddle month ???

Edited by Burgerlugs

Boggin was an arrogant useless tosser. It's not fair to blame Eddie May for Vaduz, that was down to Ritchie and that over promoted arsehole who got us the gazebo (thankfully I've forgotten his name) . Amazing that Eddie got us as close as he did to getting through in the circumstances.

It shouldn't be that hard to be the champions of Shiteholstein or wherever it is they come from.

I was on holiday and missed the away leg but the hint that gutted me is having seen the game at TFS I not only expected us to qualify, but I thought we might sneak past Liberec to play Dinamo Bucaresti for a shot at the group round (and, had we done that, we would be bringing a 3-0 lead back to TFS due to crowd trouble)

It shouldn't be that hard to be the champions of Shiteholstein or wherever it is they come from.

I was on holiday and missed the away leg but the hint that gutted me is having seen the game at TFS I not only expected us to qualify, but I thought we might sneak past Liberec to play Dinamo Bucaresti for a shot at the group round (and, had we done that, we would be bringing a 3-0 lead back to TFS due to crowd trouble)

I'd already booked flights and a hotel for Liberec.. :1eye We should have beaten them, but they'd only just been demoted from the top level in Switzerland, and had a lot solid, experienced German and Swiss players, and Pierre Littbarski as manager. Most of our team had been laid off after Yogi's last year spendfest, and Eddie had no time or budget to build a new team. It wasn't the disgrace it was made out to be, but we were truly awful in Vaduz.

Well I'm glad we never beat Vaduz.

It made that 1 away game in Europe all the more rare and I really couldn't afford to go to the next round as I was buying a house that summer.

To think that only 1000 Falkirk fans went too.

Even at league matches in those days we had 4000 home fans. What did 3000 Falkirk fans have on that was more important then our only ever European fixture?

Well, I guess you will have to live with missing it forever.

Boggin was an arrogant useless tosser. It's not fair to blame Eddie May for Vaduz, that was down to Ritchie and that over promoted arsehole who got us the gazebo (thankfully I've forgotten his name) . Amazing that Eddie got us as close as he did to getting through in the circumstances.

gazebo?

He scored a peach against us at Easter Road during a vintage performance when he ran rings round our defence. We (the Falkirk support) gave him a standing ovation when he was substituted.

Did I fcuk. Speak for yourself

If you look closely, you will see him marauding the plaines at the East Side of the stadium. He still answers to the name Gav.

The BBC cameras were down the other week as they reintroduced him to George Craig.

The meeting was actually quite moving.

That was the cnut, Gav.