The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

The Government changed the laws of administration with football clubs in mind , any club coming out of administration must pay HMRC in full first.  

There is the PAYE issue also which has been deferred on all employees wages  but will be accumulating and will have to be paid. Another reason why releasing as many players as possible now is the way to go to help the club survive.

Once we are through this the Gov will be looking to get back as much money as possible through cut backs and taxes.    

Dunfermline have stated that they took advise from two professional sources who advised extending contracts to give employees an income payed by the government is not within the rules.

Worrying time for every footballer in the game awaiting for their impending doom.

4 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

No reason we couldn't offer a voluntary full price season ticket for those who want to support the club regardless of the number of games they end up seeing.  This could be done early with follow up options once we know when football will restart - e.g half season ticket, season access to Falkirk TV etc.  

We'll no doubt still need the odd fundraiser but I think fans will put their hands in their pockets if they can as this is an exceptional time and the club needs the money.  

The only way this would work is to go beyond what you would call a season ticket. Sell a 20 game package including cup and friendly games. That is fair and deliverable by the club. 

3 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

No reason we couldn't offer a voluntary full price season ticket for those who want to support the club regardless of the number of games they end up seeing.  This could be done early with follow up options once we know when football will restart - e.g half season ticket, season access to Falkirk TV etc.  

We'll no doubt still need the odd fundraiser but I think fans will put their hands in their pockets if they can as this is an exceptional time and the club needs the money.  

Exactly. It's about getting the club through the next season never mind anything else. Plus if it puts us in a position where we can take advantage of the situation by being able to play then it's a no brainer and I'm sure fans would buy a season no matter the number of games.  I notice in the times gary Dean's saying that they should be modelling reconstruction round how many teams are available to play next season. That is good news as he obviously feels we are in a position to play whether some of its behind close doors or not.

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Dunfermline have stated that they took advise from two professional sources who advised extending contracts to give employees an income payed by the government is not within the rules.

Worrying time for every footballer in the game awaiting for their impending doom.

Problem for them is its 17 players not 3.  More likely to flag up as wrong with that number. As I said previously theres no way they can prove that the 3 we've furloughed wouldnt have been kept on anyway. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Exactly. It's about getting the club through the next season never mind anything else. Plus if it puts us in a position where we can take advantage of the situation by being able to play then it's a no brainer and I'm sure fans would buy a season no matter the number of games.  I notice in the times gary Dean's saying that they should be modelling reconstruction round how many teams are available to play next season. That is good news as he obviously feels we are in a position to play whether some of its behind close doors or not.

This.

While the board have f*cked up with regards to management appointments etc., they to be fair have done a good job marketing the club to schools and the local community in general as our crowds this season show, even in the 3rd tier.

Scottish football should be allowing every club that is in a position to play, play.

Crowdw*nk alert.

image.png.5b59d589fcbf8f27352edf94dd7ec4b6.png

Guest Ecosse83
9 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This.

While the board have f*cked up with regards to management appointments etc., they to be fair have done a good job marketing the club to schools and the local community in general as our crowds this season show, even in the 3rd tier.

Scottish football should be allowing every club that is in a position to play, play.

Crowdw*nk alert.

image.png.5b59d589fcbf8f27352edf94dd7ec4b6.png

I agree, if clubs can play then they should be allowed to. The likes of Hearts not playing because part time teams don't want to is just wrong!

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Problem for them is its 17 players not 3.  More likely to flag up as wrong with that number. As I said previously theres no way they can prove that the 3 we've furloughed wouldnt have been kept on anyway. 

This is where the guidance of what I assume was a chartered accountant qualified to make that ruling to the Dunfermline Board. The last thing FFC will need is having HRMC on you back. They have to get this right Shadwell or it will come back to haunt us.

16 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

This is where the guidance of what I assume was a chartered accountant qualified to make that ruling to the Dunfermline Board. The last thing FFC will need is having HRMC on you back. They have to get this right Shadwell or it will come back to haunt us.

Again how do they know that we were going to let any of those 3 go? The only one that had no chance of staying really was Johnstone. Todd and Hall must've had a chance of a knew deal but we're not going to release any of them till we know what the situation is re next season.  HMRC will have no idea of the merits of these players so cant say Johnstone is rubbish and you had no intention of signing him.

8 minutes ago, Oscar P said:

Ross County release Declan McManus according to BBC.

I see Richard Foster is one of them. I'm sure his sevco supporting other half will be back bleating in the papers about how hard done by he is.  Bit of a laugh coming from a multi millionaire although god knows how.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52797428

Strachan thinks the lack of fully professional sides is holding the game back.

"If you want to be a professional club, show it," he told the BBC's Scottish football podcast.
"Have full-time employees, have full-time players, have an academy, do the whole lot. Just don't play at being a football team and expect us to look after you.

"When you talk about clubs coming into the league, what are they bringing in? Two hundred people per week to a game, is that really professional football?

"The teams in the bottom two leagues at the moment, in general, how many players have they produced over the last 14 years?"

Cat/Pigeon interface

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

What an awful attitude to be honest.  

Someone needs to remind him hes working for a club that's gone bust twice shafting numerous creditors along the way. Cheek to talk of professionalism.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

But are we not being somewhat two faced in that what Strachan is saying is what we are saying? I.e. although we are currently in league one we feel that we are a bigger club and "deserve" to be playing with the other bigger, full time clubs. Under his proposal, as a full-time club, we would automatically be in one of the 2 top leagues, say one of 12 and one of 10. 

The only problem, perhaps, is that is he proposing that we no longer have a pyramid system that allow the likes of Arbroath and Alloa to play in the 2 top leagues?

Just wondering, like?

14 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

But are we not being somewhat two faced in that what Strachan is saying is what we are saying? I.e. although we are currently in league one we feel that we are a bigger club and "deserve" to be playing with the other bigger, full time clubs. Under his proposal, as a full-time club, we would automatically be in one of the 2 top leagues, say one of 12 and one of 10. 

The only problem, perhaps, is that is he proposing that we no longer have a pyramid system that allow the likes of Arbroath and Alloa to play in the 2 top leagues?

Just wondering, like?

I think there is a difference.  A club with Falkirks support and resources should be doing better than they currently are, and should at least be in the Championship.  However Falkirk are where they are on merit (to a degree) - like my own club were for 3 years in this league.  "Should be" playing at higher level is different to some god given right to be - which no club has.

Strachan is rather heavily implying that clubs who aren't full time aren't worth the time of day.  Rather unsurprisingly, he appears to have zero grasp on the economic realities of lower league football.  If Dundee spend a few more years at that level though then he may become well acquainted with those.  

Personally, I think we will see less full time teams rather than the other way around.  Alloa and Arbroath have proved its perfectly achievable to establish yourself in the Championship on a part time basis.  Can see many clubs going down the Rovers approach of a hybrid model.  Probably not Falkirk, but who knows.  This time more than ever has shown full time professional football at this level to be a less than secure and stable career path to go down.