Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Fawkirk Wull said:

Well done to the clubs that have the balls to stand up to this corrupt regime. Forget the teams that only have their own self interest  they will  hopefully one day get their comeupense. Who actually votes for this shower of shiesters in power . Tuesdays EGM should  hopefully answer more questions & hopefully make way for more honest individuals  to run  an honest transparent   govering body ,doubtful though. As long as sky tv have Rangers v Celtic 4 times a year i honestly beleive  the SPFL will do their utmost to stick 2fingers up to the other 40 clubs they are supposed  to look after

Once again we pin our hopes on many chairman growing a pair. It would be astonishing if the vote goes for a external enquiry. One chink of light is the ICT statement, reading between the lines, suspect more to come out. Here’s bloody hoping 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Once again we pin our hopes on many chairman growing a pair. It would be astonishing if the vote goes for a external enquiry. One chink of light is the ICT statement, reading between the lines, suspect more to come out. Here’s bloody hoping 

Too many are happy to move along now they've got what they wanted. Now that Rangers have agreed to foot the bill theres no reason not to have a proper external enquiry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Too many are happy to move along now they've got what they wanted. Now that Rangers have agreed to foot the bill theres no reason not to have a proper external enquiry.

^^^Oh Rangers...my hero!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

^^^Oh Rangers...my hero!

No lover of them but if they're willing to splash their cash on it theres absolutely no reason to say no especially if the spfl have nothing to hide.  Chance to perhaps get Doncaster to feck after all and the other scenario is that Rangers look fecking even more stupid if the investigation clears the spfl. Nothing to lose here in having it in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

 


Whether they are right or wrong, it’s a terribly written statement.

 

I'd say the content and detail of the statement are of slightly more importance than the way it has been written. As others have said, absolutelyno surprise that your chairman hasn't raised a peep. Just another Doncaster/Lawell bitch, like Cormack, Dempster, Gray and plenty of others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

A well written statement from ICT. Get the feeling that this whole situation that seemed bullet proof may be coming unstuck. Only needing a few others to raise their heads and let us  know how they’ve been bullied, and good for ICT mentioning Brechin who’s chairman sits on the SPFL board. Rotten to the Fck... core.

From what I’ve heard the guy from Dunfermline and Alloa aren’t squeaky clean in all this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, AGPar said:

I'd say the content and detail of the statement are of slightly more importance than the way it has been written. As others have said, absolutelyno surprise that your chairman hasn't raised a peep. Just another Doncaster/Lawell bitch, like Cormack, Dempster, Gray and plenty of others.

A brief look through recent voting - anyone remember 8-8-8? - would tell you that isn’t the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

From what I’ve heard the guy from Dunfermline and Alloa aren’t squeaky clean in all this.

Yes, sure some mention of this pair last week, although sure someone posted that Alloa guy seeking election to SPFL board or something? Maybe wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The board at the SPFL should be independent from all 42 member clubs. How can you have a board made up of people who are in connection in some way to football clubs , ie the Brechin Chairman? They are always going to have a strong opinion on matters directly involving their club and this shouldn’t be the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The board at the SPFL should be independent from all 42 member clubs. How can you have a board made up of people who are in connection in some way to football clubs , ie the Brechin Chairman? They are always going to have a strong opinion on matters directly involving their club and this shouldn’t be the case. 

Agree. Said it before. All this drivel about committees to look at league restructuring.
Just come up with what is best for Scottish football as a whole, independent of the clubs, and put it in place.
Too much fucking around nowadays, and it’s causing more embarrassment and mistrust than is really necessary.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No lover of them but if they're willing to splash their cash on it theres absolutely no reason to say no especially if the spfl have nothing to hide.  Chance to perhaps get Doncaster to feck after all and the other scenario is that Rangers look fecking even more stupid if the investigation clears the spfl. Nothing to lose here in having it in my opinion.

Nice to see Douglas Park chucking the money around now. Are we to believe Rangers are now the moral champions of the Scottish game , something they have been trying for years to get out of. 

And where was he when the corner shop and the face painter needed paying? Oh yeah like the rest of them he stood back and let his club die.

I'm in complete admiration of all these lower league teams' fans raising money for their clubs in their time of need - never forget WE will always be better than THEM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't know what the figures are and I can't see anywhere what we pay the Stadium company per financial year.
Whatever our commitment to the stadium is. FFC should be doing what every other business tenant or leaseholder is with the Landlord. Giving them a reality check. The business environment has changed and FFC require a substantial reduction in what we pay.


We were paying them 90k/year a couple of years ago. My experience of these things is that they tend not to go down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
From what I’ve heard the guy from Dunfermline and Alloa aren’t squeaky clean in all this.


That goon from Alloa has far too much influence for someone running a village team. Anyone who only ever wears a black shirt should never be trusted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

If The Rangers are footing the bill, it's not an independent inquiry.

Should be easy enough to get it organised and then just take it off the prize money they're still due. Rangers dont have to have anything else to do with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

 


That goon from Alloa has far too much influence for someone running a village team. Anyone who only ever wears a black shirt should never be trusted.

 

Quite right, officials from smaller clubs shouldn't be allowed to be their divisional reps or stand for election to the SPFL board, we should let Rangers and Celtic run things...with some help from Hearts maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Quite right, officials from smaller clubs shouldn't be allowed to be their divisional reps or stand for election to the SPFL board, we should let Rangers and Celtic run things...with some help from Hearts maybe.

It sounds very much like the goon from alloa has been behaving just like one of those clubs unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

 


That goon from Alloa has far too much influence for someone running a village team. Anyone who only ever wears a black shirt should never be trusted.

 

Have met Mulroney a few times.

Very sharp cookie. Good business man.

But, yes, you’re probably right in that he’s not to be trusted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

 


We were paying them 90k/year a couple of years ago. My experience of these things is that they tend not to go down

 

Add to that paying on costs in the running of things day to day with a healthy mark up knowing the council. Services , Council / Stadium employees seconded to FFC for matchdays. etc.

Put that onto the bottom line of expenditure and it will not be far off 120k a year. FFS ! 2 - 3 home games a month. Some offices. Pitch and dressing roof for some training for 10 month a year and that's it.

The club are a gift that just keeps on giving !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Add to that paying on costs in the running of things day to day with a healthy mark up knowing the council. Services , Council / Stadium employees seconded to FFC for matchdays. etc.

Put that onto the bottom line of expenditure and it will not be far off 120k a year. FFS ! 2 - 3 home games a month. Some offices. Pitch and dressing roof for some training for 10 month a year and that's it.

The club are a gift that just keeps on giving !

There should be a sliding scale like livi have with wlc. If your in the top flight you pay this much. If your in the champ this much and so on. As we've said the deal is a good one when your a premier league club but a millstone when your not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...