The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd hardly say cut dramatically.Total prize money was just over 112k . I reckon we could raise that in a few weeks if we went to the fans.  We could cope easily without the sky deal.

And what about the clubs around you? Or some of the teams in the division above?

Theres plenty to criticise Premiership clubs for, but running at a loss to preserve a TV deal shouldn't be one of them.

2 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Sarge,   what's the situation with th e juniors,  do they come under the same banner of these restrictions,  if so they must be screwed also only thing in there favour is social distancing in a lot of clubs won't be a problem due to small numbers,  maybe bad timing or basically  unlucky joining the pyramid.....

The issue is public gathering and testing players and staff, not grade of football. Non-league teams don't seem to be deluded enough to think there is a viable market for streaming and will sit it out. Some will be back, some won't.

Streaming is an absolute money pit and only clubs with owners prepared to subsidise it will go for it. Some might survive long enough to get crowds back, some will drop out.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The issue is public gathering and testing players and staff, not grade of football. Non-league teams don't seem to be deluded enough to think there is a viable market for streaming and will sit it out. Some will be back, some won't.

Streaming is an absolute money pit and only clubs with owners prepared to subsidise it will go for it. Some might survive long enough to get crowds back, some will drop out.

You also have the cleaning of facilities as well and anyone infected well the whole place is going to need a deep clean so theres another added money put into it.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The clubs you have mentioned makes sense although not confirmed yet.

Not sure what the options are but having 3 football clubs not wanting to play football is a strange situation to be in.

They want to play in the future. Not now in some half arsed attempt to market a streaming service to a disinterested world. These clubs can barely generate interest in the town's they play in, that hardly suggests a previously untapped cyber-support.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And what about the clubs around you? Or some of the teams in the division above?

Theres plenty to criticise Premiership clubs for, but running at a loss to preserve a TV deal shouldn't be one of them.

It was you that said our income would be cut dramatically if the sky deal went tits up and I just said that's rubbish. If you think smaller clubs are going to look on the top flight who suck up 88 percent of the cash as some kind of saviours of football running at a loss to save the sky deal then you'll be up against it.  The top flight will be doing it for themselves as always and nowt else.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It was you that said our income would be cut dramatically if the sky deal went tits up and I just said that's rubbish. If you think smaller clubs are going to look on the top flight who suck up 88 percent of the cash as some kind of saviours of football running at a loss to save the sky deal then you'll be up against it.  The top flight will be doing it for themselves as always and nowt else.

Brechin must be creaming themselves with that 25k for coming in last ..lol, in fact where can all the rest of the clubs outwith the top 12 worship those responsible for throwing us those scraps ..lol 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

A six figure fee is significant for all Scottish clubs. You can claim your fans would raise that amount if you like, but you'll probably find your club fund raises anyway at some point, so you'll still be a six figure fee down.

It doesnt matter why the top flight clubs do it, at the end of the day its looking like they all be running at a loss to protect a TV deal that gives lower league teams six figure fees, while also allowing them to hibernate, and hibernation will be the best option for some.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A six figure fee is significant for all Scottish clubs. You can claim your fans would raise that amount if you like, but you'll probably find your club fund raises anyway at some point, so you'll still be a six figure fee down.

It doesnt matter why the top flight clubs do it, at the end of the day its looking like they all be running at a loss to protect a TV deal that gives lower league teams six figure fees, while also allowing them to hibernate, and hibernation will be the best option for some.

Actually from 3rd top of League 1 down its 5 figure sums sorry bud but if you think anyone is going to blow smoke up your clubs arse for the scraps handed down to the rest of us your on the wrong page.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That gives us a 6 figure fee. We were second top of league one.  It doesnt give the majority of league one and none in league two 6 figure fees. I reckon the vast majority could survive without the sky deal if they knew at the start of the season they werent going to get it.  I doubt theres many top flight though that could cope with losing a million quid plus though. If the sky deal went Pete tong there would be more top flight clubs going to the wall than seaside league ones.

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Actually from 3rd top of League 1 down its 5 figure sums sorry bud but if you think anyone is going to blow smoke up your clubs arse for the scraps handed down to the rest of us your on the wrong page.

I'm not saying you should be praising top flight clubs.

All I'm saying is that criticising top flight clubs for preserving a TV deal that will give clubs at all levels money, even if these clubs dont play any games, is bizarre. 

16 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

My issue about testing players and staff,  when have football players specifying seaside league and junior players became key workers,   majority or hope the majority will be working all day in various environments  and jobs untested and playing and training in the evening outside for an hour and a half     The working man does not get tested why would an Alloa player or a Elgin player for example ,  

12 minutes ago, Passionate said:

My issue about testing players and staff,  when have football players specifying seaside league and junior players became key workers,   majority or hope the majority will be working all day in various environments  and jobs untested and playing and training in the evening outside for an hour and a half     The working man does not get tested why would an Alloa player or a Elgin player for example ,  

They'll need to pay for it I would expect just like down south. Think the epl calculated that it would cost them about 4 million quid or something. You'd also need to make sure that it wasn't preventing key workers getting tested too.

10 minutes ago, Passionate said:

I read today that the social distancing rules are likely to shortly be reduced to 1.5 or 1 metre as the 2 metre rule has no scientific basis.

Apparently, only one incident has been recorded of anyone being infected OUTSIDE and that was in a very close conversation.

This is the latest SAGE thinking.

In addition, if you are sitting side by side, and not facing towards each other the risk is even less.

Surely this could be a game changer!

15 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

With the recent statements from certain clubs, there a high chance reconstruction will come by default. 

Agreed. What our lurking/gloating fellow P&Bers (from the likes of Perth, Greenock, Dumfries, Kirkcaldy etc) need to realise is this: League status does not matter a toss at this point in time.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The associated costs, paying players and staff?

No, the revenue almost certainly wouldn't cover that. Thought you meant it cost a bundle to live stream.

21 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

No, the revenue almost certainly wouldn't cover that. Thought you meant it cost a bundle to live stream.

Sorry, I meant the whole project. The highlights I watch on club websites vary quite a bit and that'll be attributable to various factors. I can't see how it will attract a big enough audience. Only the most committed supporters topped will take it on.

Factor in the fickleness of supporters who chuck it after 2 games because the team is shite.

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Which team, contact sports have taken that view? It looks like testing is part of the conditions for restarting, until that changes football is stuck with it.