The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

Just to be clear, another forum user can tell me to prepare to be raped and I’m somehow in the wrong? That’s victim blaming in my eyes. 

If you're going to whine about stuff like that I don't think this forum is for you. Not sure if theres a junior bairns forum but might be worth finding out.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If you're going to whine about stuff like that I don't think this forum is for you. Not sure if theres a junior bairns forum but might be worth finding out.

I just don’t think it’s suitable to tell a child he’s going to be raped. You obviously disagree. That’s fine. A forum encapsulates a wide range of opinions. 

23 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

I just don’t think it’s suitable to tell a child he’s going to be raped. You obviously disagree. That’s fine. A forum encapsulates a wide range of opinions. 

I don't think this forum is suitable for a 'child' anyway to be honest. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Just now, Falkirk09Bairn said:

Your right on that however given you seem to be pretty new accept there are some levels where people will rip the piss and in general whoosh people although i would say the very discussion of rape is pretty much not for this forum joking or not.

We are re running football topics and now saying the same thing using different words. Straying onto subjects that have no place on a football forum.

So football discussion topic.

What is the greatest team goal you have seen at a game or on a live tv game. remember it must have been seen in real time ?

1 hour ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

There’s a massive difference between volunteering information and telling a child he is going to be raped.  I’m sure you must know that. 

Right, to recap, thinking that I was replying to another adult I made a ribald joke about KY Jelly and it backfired on me. I have apologised for it already. I will now take this opportunity to apologise again for offending a sensitive child.

Going forward, I will be much more considered in my replies to any of your future posts, that is if I do reply at all, considering the shit storm that this has caused.

As per Shadwell's earlier post, and without wishing to cause you further offence, you might wish to consider looking for a junior forum to join as it would appear that you are not yet ready for the cut and thrust of this forum.

Good luck.

7 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I agree with you.

I don’t know if he is, but it came over as a paedo type approach.

A bit like that Derek McKay SNP politician.

I had no idea of the age of the poster when I replied, how could I?

40 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I agree with you.

I don’t know if he is, but it came over as a paedo type approach.

A bit like that Derek McKay SNP politician.

Accusing a fellow poster of being a paedophille is far worse than an ill judged rape ‘joke’. 

36 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Perhaps so, if Falkirk09bairn had mentioned his age anywhere before, and wasn't more than likely a middle aged man pretending to be a child. Now that would be seriously creepy.

That’s the second time you’ve made that claim. It doesn’t make it any more true. 

34 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Right, to recap, thinking that I was replying to another adult I made a ribald joke about KY Jelly and it backfired on me. I have apologised for it already. I will now take this opportunity to apologise again for offending a sensitive child.

Going forward, I will be much more considered in my replies to any of your future posts, that is if I do reply at all, considering the shit storm that this has caused.

As per Shadwell's earlier post, and without wishing to cause you further offence, you might wish to consider looking for a junior forum to join as it would appear that you are not yet ready for the cut and thrust of this forum.

Good luck.

I accepted your apology and clarified I wasn’t offended by. It was definitely a creepy thing to post though. I accept that you think rape jokes are funny while it’s not my type of humour. That’s fine. Happy to draw a line under it now. 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

We are re running football topics and now saying the same thing using different words. Straying onto subjects that have no place on a football forum.

So football discussion topic.

What is the greatest team goal you have seen at a game or on a live tv game. remember it must have been seen in real time ?

Best goal has to be either Crunchies against Huntly in the cup either that again has to be Crunchie semi final against Hearts at Castle Greyskull

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Best goal has to be either Crunchies against Huntly in the cup either that again has to be Crunchie semi final against Hearts at Castle Greyskull

Mine has to be the Carlos Alberto goal in the Brazil v Italy 1970 World Cup Final. Sublime and peerless in individual and teamwork at its best. 3 players pass it around the Italian players one or two of them even ran in the opposite direction. Centre Half walks it past 5 players and passes it into left midfield. Knocked down the line to the overlapping player who does not have to break stride. Ball knocked into Pele in front of the box, beats a man gives a look back and draws the marker from the right then passes behind him for Carlos Alberto to hit the ball midstride into the net.

Genius from possibly the best  international team that ever stepped onto a pitch.

So go on - watch it on YouTube and give yourself a treat !

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

Guest Ecosse83

I know you said team goal but Dennis Bergkamp's goal against Newcastle was something else, I'll never forget watching that game with my mates all hungover to hell during an 'empty' 🤣

Can’t disagree with either, but Alex Rae’s Saturn 5 rocket against Clyde that the cameras chose to miss was a bit special too. Maybe more so because the camera missing it means that over time, the memory banks embellish it into being something it wasn’t.

Stainrod’s halfway cracker against St J is worthy of mention too.