The Falkirk FC Thread

Would agree with bairn in exile about the old home top there, one of the best ever, simple and stylish. However I'd disagree about new top, like the home one, away one does nothing for me though. With no-one sure when things will get back to normal, hopefully people will order tops/strips online, to misquote tesco at the moment every little helps the club keep going.

I've always wanted us to come up with something like these retro 1970s Crystal Palace and Birmingham City strips for our away top.

With the Crystal Palace one, have the centre panel in navy and red. (too staunch?).

With the Birmingham City one, reverse the layout, white sleeves and navy panel.

Pin on Football 1960s & 70s

Francis, Hatton, Latchord, Pendrey - Was this the best ever ...

Edited by Bairn in Exile

The pattern on the home top ruins it - would have been smart with plain navy blue.  

For me the worst recent shirt by far has been the Hartley season abominations.  Looked horrible to begin with then the big yell Horizon sponsor on the back meant we had the strip to match the team on the pitch.  

On 14/05/2020 at 19:06, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm going to pop along and watch camelon again I think. Whether I'm at TFS again soon will depend on whether my young boy wants to go along.  Who knows what the football landscape will be like in 6 months time anyway.

Slightly disappointed it was all bluster but walking away from Falkirk would be a very difficult thing to do. 

Don't mind the red away, as long as the shorts are navy blue. Would have preferred the away to be white top though.  The home top is truely honking, and will be even worse if its paired with the dreaded navy blue shorts. No, no, no. 

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Don't mind the red away, as long as the shorts are navy blue. Would have preferred the away to be white top though.  The home top is truely honking, and will be even worse if its paired with the dreaded navy blue shorts. No, no, no. 

Home top is white shorts and red socks, not sure what the away shorts are though.

9 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Home top is white shorts and red socks, not sure what the away shorts are though.

Who chose it ? The club should come clean on this as whoever it was never bothered to ask the support.

It would be a positive PR exercise if the manufacturers strips for the upcoming season were put on the club website. The support vote for the preferred 1st 2nd 3rd choice and take it from their.

20 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I'm sure Dave Mac said last night the away shorts and socks would be blue.

I believe there will be pics online over the next couple of days rather than computer graphics.

Re the other question about who chose it, for the last couple of years the lady who owns the Sisters Ship in Lint Riggs was heavily involved in the selection. Not sure about this season.