The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

It was a similar match day access only arrangement we had in place at the time that led to the absolute embarrassment of having to rearrange an important playoff match due to a BMX tournament at the stadium.

So an opportunity to come to a new arrangement.  As the main income stream FFC call the shots in future. This is where having people that know what they are doing being involved in the negotiating.

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Then with that mindset we are no more than the Councils bitch ! That's why we have to have an option and if its Stenny so be it ! The long term agreement on the rest of the stand is re negotiated separate if need be. Fallback maybe but when we sit down with the council they have to know we are serious.

I have no affection or sense of empathy with the place and don't rate it as a stadium, its not even ours FFS. Companies terminate leases and rents and move to new locations all the times. Same applies to Football Clubs. For once not owning the stadium could work for us !

If we moved to stenny we probably wouldnt have a club in a few seasons. You only have to look.at what's happened to the likes of Airdrie and Clyde.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If we moved to stenny we probably wouldnt have a club in a few seasons. You only have to look.at what's happened to the likes of Airdrie and Clyde.

Shadwell. We have to do something as the status quo is no longer an option. One of the few clubs that has an option to get out of the financial millstone a stadium is at this tragic time.

That on cost could be the end of some clubs in the next few weeks.

It's madness to shrug our shoulders and pay the council for facilities that are not being used. You can be sure every other company renting or leasing off the council are telling them some uncomfortable home truths telling them its new terms or we are off.

Nothing to lose ! everything to gain. If you don't try you don't get. The council have treated and treat FFC with the utmost contempt, time to get down and dirty with that mob.

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Shadwell. We have to do something as the status quo is no longer an option. One of the few clubs that has an option to get out of the financial millstone a stadium is at this tragic time.

That on cost could be the end of some clubs in the next few weeks.

It's madness to shrug our shoulders and pay the council for facilities that are not being used. You can be sure every other company renting or leasing off the council are telling them some uncomfortable home truths telling them its new terms or we are off.

Nothing to lose ! everything to gain. If you don't try you don't get. The council have treated and treat FFC with the utmost contempt, time to get down and dirty with that mob.

We need to buy out the council. That's the only way we'll get out of it intact.

Just now, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Agree with Shadwell. We are infinitely better off at our own stadium no matter the cost.

It's not as if Stenny would let us rock up and use their place for free either 

But its not our own stadium ! that's the point of my post. Let me summarise what I propose and the bullet points. Football is in crisis. Costs must be cut. FFC arrangements for the stadium not sustainable. To renegotiate FFC must have an option to walk away. To negotiate with another party they have to know you will do what you say if no agreement. Council are in financial straits and in no position to have a stadium white elephant.

Never a better time than now to come to a new arrangement with the council.

But its not our own stadium ! that's the point of my post. Let me summarise what I propose and the bullet points. Football is in crisis. Costs must be cut. FFC arrangements for the stadium not sustainable. To renegotiate FFC must have an option to walk away. To negotiate with another party they have to know you will do what you say if no agreement. Council are in financial straits and in no position to have a stadium white elephant.

Never a better time than now to come to a new arrangement with the council.

Without wanting to turn this into a political debate but the unofficial Labour / Tory / Independent alliance are the biggest grouping in the Council and have no love for FFC and in the case of Goldie it’s outright contempt for the club.

The SNP group are much more FFC minded ( a fair few councillors are usually to be seen at the stadium on match days) and are more likely to be receptive to constructive discussions on the future of the stadium.

However we are where we are at least until the next local govt elections and anyway where would the money come from?

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What a shower!

Just read a summary of a report by a respected epidemiologist in The Lancet whose view (I repeat view), is that everyone is eventually going to be infected by this virus and it will affect people in different ways from zero to death. The only advantage of lockdown is to slow this process down which it has done which means that the health service is operating at a very low capacity.

His view is that it would be better to end lockdown and speed up the infection rate and build up immunity.

He reckons that the benefits of a speedier return to economic normality and the health benefits therefrom far outweigh keepIng everyone battened down under house arrest.

I’ll leave you with a reference to an article by Toby Young who states that the biggest fear by lots of people is not the virus but coming out of furlough and going back to work.

Time we started putting pressure on the UK and Scottish governments to show a bit of grit and determination.

Personally , I would be quite happy to retake my seat in August with the usual folks next to me.

So, here we are again with “let them take their chances”. Just to be clear here, in any outbreak of this disease, the mortality rate is heavily influenced by the ability to support and ventilate the most afflicted. In cases where demand exceeds capacity, the death rate can reach 8-10% where the vulnerable population is significant enough. Add that to unknowns in long-term impacts and the fact that those kids that seemed immune might actually have a small chance of getting deadly inflammation, and your proposed course of action is unconscionable.

For your edification, the States of Florida, Georgia and Texas are all reopening with rising case numbers and you may well see how well that shite works. As one of the vulnerable population, I’m well aware that the U.S. is trying to open at the wrong time and that in areas where cases are declining, the majority of new hospitalizations are still the vulnerable at a depressingly high rate.

So why don’t you and your final solution to this matter just sod off!

20 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Without wanting to turn this into a political debate but the unofficial Labour / Tory / Independent alliance are the biggest grouping in the Council and have no love for FFC and in the case of Goldie it’s outright contempt for the club.

The SNP group are much more FFC minded ( a fair few councillors are usually to be seen at the stadium on match days) and are more likely to be receptive to constructive discussions on the future of the stadium.

However we are where we are at least until the next local govt elections and anyway where would the money come from?

Just like any other business renting or leasing in this environment. Onto the landlord with a reality check. The situation has changed, unless there is a change in the arrangements we have. We will have no other choice but to vacate the premises.

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Just like any other business renting or leasing in this environment. Onto the landlord with a reality check. The situation has changed, unless there is a change in the arrangements we have. We will have no other choice but to vacate the premises.

Again though and go where? We'd have to share with livi , clyde or airdrie and theres no way any of that three are getting any of my money. If the club had been run properly we wouldnt be bothering about this as we've managed to have a successful top flight team despite having this stadium so it's still doable with the right folk in charge.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, michaeljohnstone said:

This thread isn’t failing to disappoint.
Enjoy Cove away x

Least we've still got a bit to go before we reach your low of coming 7th in a seaside league. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

40 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Again though and go where? We'd have to share with livi , clyde or airdrie and theres no way any of that three are getting any of my money. If the club had been run properly we wouldnt be bothering about this as we've managed to have a successful top flight team despite having this stadium so it's still doable with the right folk in charge.

So don't bother sitting down with the council then to renegotiate terms in light of the new business and social reality. Take what you are given and doff your cap while you are at it. Time FFC to grow a pair and became the unruly tenant ! 

Come on Shadwell take a brave pill ! Its not like you not to stand your ground when the council are concerned.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

So don't bother sitting down with the council then to renegotiate terms in light of the new business and social reality. Take what you are given and doff your cap while you are at it. Time FFC to grow a pair and became the unruly tenant ! 

Come on Shadwell take a brave pill ! Its not like you not to stand your ground when the council are concerned.

I'm not against going to the council and trying to renegotiate but that isn't going to happen. Gary Dean's has already stated that he thinks we have an excellent deal with them so unless we really get in the deep dodo I cant see that happening any time soon. When you think livi were only paying 40k a year in the championship to wlc its shocking what we're paying.