Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

It's a shame that McManus' goals and Millers glorious return are going to count for absolutely f**k all. Also, the contribution of wee Jimmy Gomis.

If Miller had shown any composure at Stark's Park, you'd be looking forward to guaranteed Championship football next season. 

30 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

If Miller had shown any composure at Stark's Park, you'd be looking forward to guaranteed Championship football next season. 

Oh cool. 

f**k Lee Miller and all nostalgia/fondness for him on that basis

44 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

If Miller had shown any composure at Stark's Park, you'd be looking forward to guaranteed Championship football next season

You're in absolute fantasy land.

23 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I got this via email. Belter.

D9D86E6B-6FCC-4503-A9A0-0950EEFCA0CE.png

McKinnon is the least thing that’s wrong with that sales pitch yesterday. The old fella that the original feature was about sadly passed away back in February. So much for knowing what’s going on in “The Falkirk Family” 

27 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

McKinnon is the least thing that’s wrong with that sales pitch yesterday. The old fella that the original feature was about sadly passed away back in February. So much for knowing what’s going on in “The Falkirk Family” 

Didn’t know that. Sad to hear.

An absolutely shambolic advert then.

12 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Also requires the hotels to re-open and be staffed. Are the cleaners and cooks to live-in as well?

Yes.

This already happens in Australia for citizens returning from overseas being put into 14 days quarantine by the Government in isolated hotels in the state capital cities.

It's not that difficult really. 

Nonsense

No refund due.

Any true supporter would NOT expect a refund during this crisis.

You may well be able to afford to right the money off however there are many families struggling in very difficult times and if someone needed the £70 then they certainly shouldn't be classed as some sort of pariah for asking for it. I applaud Partick's move TBH.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

You may well be able to afford to right the money off however there are many families struggling in very difficult times and if someone needed the £70 then they certainly shouldn't be classed as some sort of pariah for asking for it. I applaud Partick's move TBH.

The point is that you have spent the money quite some time ago and when you buy the ST, you know that, in all probability, you are going to miss a few games due to holidays, family events, work commitments, etc. For me I can never attend on Tuesday evenings due to bridge playing commitments. C’est la vie.

Anyway, I think most folks buy their ST as they know they are helping the club to organise its finances for the ensuing season.

Also, fixtures get moved around due to TV schedules, weather problems, etc.

People moan but they don’t go asking for a refund.

Im a member at Bannatyne’s and they have stopped taking my sub. Absolutely spot on as they are totally closed and I have no access to their facilities but, IMO, they are no way like a football club.

Anyway, you may have a point but I just feel that the money is spent. Forget it!

Fifers talking about goal of the season....

Any thoughts for ours?

Doyle, Gomis and McManus free kick were all long range screamers.

There were some nice goals in the 6-0 at home semi recently, I forget which Jobbers we were playing but Paul Dixon scored the 6th....

There was a pretty sexual team goal finished off by Cunto Telfer against Dumbarton in the first couple of weeks too.

Any standouts?

Any thoughts for ours?

There were some nice goals in the 6-0 at home semi recently, I forget which Jobbers we were playing but Paul Dixon scored the 6th....

There was a pretty sexual team goal finished off by Cunto Telfer against Dumbarton in the first couple of weeks too.

Any standouts?
The shitbags goal against dumbarton stands out for me, lovely wee chip pass with a good finish

4 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Any thoughts for ours?

Any standouts?

The shitbags goal against dumbarton stands out for me, lovely wee chip pass with a good finish

Tidser and Telfer combination.... A lot of promise shown there that day with neither coming close to delivering. 

Goal of the season for me was dumbartons first in the one each draw at their gaff. Got rid of mckinnon thank feck.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

The point is that you have spent the money quite some time ago and when you buy the ST, you know that, in all probability, you are going to miss a few games due to holidays, family events, work commitments, etc. For me I can never attend on Tuesday evenings due to bridge playing commitments. C’est la vie.
Anyway, I think most folks buy their ST as they know they are helping the club to organise its finances for the ensuing season.
Also, fixtures get moved around due to TV schedules, weather problems, etc.
People moan but they don’t go asking for a refund.
Im a member at Bannatyne’s and they have stopped taking my sub. Absolutely spot on as they are totally closed and I have no access to their facilities but, IMO, they are no way like a football club.
Anyway, you may have a point but I just feel that the money is spent. Forget it!

£70 is a lot of money to a family who have had no income for 4 weeks. And yes they are families in that position

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Goal of the season for me was dumbartons first in the one each draw at their gaff. Got rid of mckinnon thank feck.

On the other hand own goals of the century must he your spunking of mega bucks on McKinnon and Tidser. 

£70 is a lot of money to a family who have had no income for 4 weeks. And yes they are families in that position

He is a Tory, do you really think that he cares about people in hardship?

13 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

He is a Tory, do you really think that he cares about people in hardship?

Look, the money was paid about 8months ago with no expectation of ever receiving a refund.

Id agree with you if they were being asked to cough up now to help the club. Obviously, some folks would struggle but to argue for a refund under these circumstances is just mad.

But, hey, most SNP policies are mad.

Look, the money was paid about 8months ago with no expectation of ever receiving a refund.
Id agree with you if they were being asked to cough up now to help the club. Obviously, some folks would struggle but to argue for a refund under these circumstances is just mad.
But, hey, most SNP policies are mad.

I am not arguing for a refund. I am saying there are people who have invested a lot more as a percentage of their income that you that £70 right now when they have no income coming in who would love to have that money. I am merely applauding Patrick’s initiative as in the most difficult time in almost all living memory it is an extremely charitable offer. Most wont take it up but a few will.

36 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am not arguing for a refund. I am saying there are people who have invested a lot more as a percentage of their income that you that £70 right now when they have no income coming in who would love to have that money. I am merely applauding Patrick’s initiative as in the most difficult time in almost all living memory it is an extremely charitable offer. Most wont take it up but a few will.

Okay, I don’t think it merits a huge argument which I always seem to get into.
I’ll just leave this one.

On a positive note, I see that Andrew Neil, who lives in France, is reporting that they will be allowing sporting occasions with crowds from July/August and without crowds from June.

Lets get this show back on the road and end house arrest and this police state.