The Falkirk FC Thread

I’d like to see the club start to sell season tickets ASAP to ensure there is cash available to tide us through this crisis. I believe GD said we had the cash to survive until October but it’s looking likely we still won’t have fans in attendance beyond that.....

4 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

I,m  not surprised in the least that it looks like reconstruction has been knocked on the head.More surprised anyone else  thought reconstruction had any chance of happening

It was a red herring

Correct.

3 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Yaaaawwwn!

Aye so says you, yet during the season Falkirk failed in 3 attempts (4 if you count the chocolate biscuit cup) to get the better of Rovers, what reason have you for thinking You’d have managed it last Saturday?

Aye, we were one point behind with a far superior goal difference, yet we were unable to beat Raith in 4 attempts. I don't think we would have needed to beat you last Saturday TBH.

I’d like to see the club start to sell season tickets ASAP to ensure there is cash available to tide us through this crisis. I believe GD said we had the cash to survive until October but it’s looking likely we still won’t have fans in attendance beyond that.....

It would be more honest asking for a donation.
It looks like it will be many, many months before a season ticket would be any use to you.

It would be more honest asking for a donation.
It looks like it will be many, many months before a season ticket would be any use to you.

Agree. I wouldn’t be buying in expectation to attend but as was suggested previously, perhaps include Falkirk TV subscription for all closed door games....

Falkirk FC respond to news of the failure of league reconstruction talks

Falkirk FC Chairman Gary Deans said:

“Today’s announcement will not come as a huge surprise to Falkirk supporters who have, along with the rest of Scottish football, witnessed firsthand the utter shambles engulfing our game these last few weeks.

As you know I have been working with the SPFL Reconstruction Group over recent weeks and I received a call late this afternoon (8 May) informing me that six Premier League clubs had indicated they would not support any league reconstruction at the present time.

As a club we embarked upon this process with eyes wide open and tempered optimism, hoping that the SPFL and other clubs might see the bigger picture and act in the best interests of Scottish football. In fairness, some did see that bigger picture and approached talks in a constructive manner – but once again progress has been hampered by the short sightedness and self-preservation of a small cabal within Scotland’s top division.

You will share my anger at this latest injustice, the failed promises and the general mismanagement that has occurred at the top of Scottish football for many years

The handling of this entire situation has been farcical ranging from the decisions made by the SPFL board to those clubs who have, what could only be charitably described as, misled and deceived.  The principle of ‘do no harm’ to Scottish football during the pandemic was thrown out of the window a long time ago and the decision taken today will cause harm to many clubs – Falkirk included.

To add insult to injury to release a statement on a Friday evening adding to the stress of players, staff and the many people connected with football clubs is a sign of the blatant contempt that those in charge of our game hold for us all.

I have already embarked upon discussions with other clubs who share my anger and we will be considering the next steps to take over the weekend.  I will keep you informed as matters progress but for now the club has made it clear that we cannot support this unfair decision taken by six clubs and supported by those at the SPFL.  Change is required.

As a club we must do what we’ve always done, let our performances on the pitch do the talking, and with your support press on through the leagues and take our place in the top division where we can continue to lobby for the necessary change required in Scottish football.”

IMG_3830.jpg

Another reminder that if I were to win the euro millions like that partick fan, don't buy Falkirk fc. The posters criticising the statement are the same posters who would be criticising the club if we said nothing, it'd be club are just taking this lying down or we've rolled over to get our belly rubbed, I'm out etc etc. European football needs reconstruction not just our game, giving huge sums of money from champions league is redefining each league making competition more uneven and unfair each season, won't happen but the wealth needs redistributed. 

2 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Another reminder that if I were to win the euro millions like that partick fan, don't buy Falkirk fc. The posters criticising the statement are the same posters who would be criticising the club if we said nothing, it'd be club are just taking this lying down or we've rolled over to get our belly rubbed, I'm out etc etc. European football needs reconstruction not just our game, giving huge sums of money from champions league is redefining each league making competition more uneven and unfair each season, won't happen but the wealth needs redistributed. 

Falkirk could release a statement calling for all puppies to be dropped into baths filled with hydrochloric acid and you'd back it.

2 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

If you need reminded not to invest in any football club you deserve all you get.

Of the clubs who are losing out Falkirk are the only one I have any real sympathy for. Hearts, Partick and Stranraer have had terrible seasons, Thistle haven't even won a game in 2020. Inverness are miles behind United and best case scenario is 2 tricky play off rounds. Same goes for Edinburgh City. Falkirk though had a genuine chance to win the league 1. 

Reconstruction was a non starter due to Budge and Rangers. Budge for her past comments and clear case of self serving agenda to save Hearts. Rangers though created the really hostile climate, again pure self interest to try and stop Celtic from being given the title. Their end game would have been null and void which would rewarded the poorest performing teams and penalised the best performing teams and would have made no difference to Falkirk's situation. Due to the hostile atmosphere there has been a complete lack of goodwill for clubs to pull together and find a way that does least damage. 

Given reconstruction is off the table and null and void is the least fair option, unfortunately for Falkirk that's the way it is to be.

Hope you get up next season, if there is one. 

37 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Falkirk could release a statement calling for all puppies to be dropped into baths filled with hydrochloric acid and you'd back it.

Statement was spot on imo - a rare thing these days!  

We had a round of games to go and Raith have been randomly awarded the title - may as well just dish out the cups / champions league as well.    

I genuinely believe there will be no football outside the top league in Scotland next season. Closed door games are just not feasible for the smaller clubs - look at Dumbarton v Airdrie for example. 594 at their last game. Even if every one of those paid a £10 for a stream it's not going to be enough to pay wages for 2 weeks. They might get away with it for the top league by sponsorship but even that's a stretch. The German & English leagues are just examples of the sheer fucking greed driving football now, with players treated like lumps of meat to earn money for the wealthiest clubs and media moguls.

So forget the idea of selling season tickets for something that probably isn't going to happen. When (not if) the club goes into hibernation, by all means come up with schemes where supporters can pay a direct debit of some kind to keep it ticking over but taking money for season tickets isn't on.

At the end of this, see if we have enough teams left to make up 3 leagues, if not 2. Any clubs who take this as an opportunity to go into admin should be told to start again at the bottom of the pile. 

I agree with Gary’s statement apart from the last bit, but I can feel his pain as he put a lot of hard work into reconstruction.

I don’t know why everyone seems to slag off Rangers as I prefer them to the other mob who disrespected our country at our stadium a few years ago.

At the end of the day, we only have ourselves to blame as we were just not good enough despite having the best budget in the league.

Okay, I think there’s lots more to happen but, at the moment it’s League1 again and we should start preparing, and, top priority should be to get some form of Academy in place to breed some homegrown youngsters, something we are sadly lacking.

My contrarian views on the virus policy are well known but I’ll leave off that just now.

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I agree with Gary’s statement apart from the last bit, but I can feel his pain as he put a lot of hard work into reconstruction.

I don’t know why everyone seems to slag off Rangers as I prefer them to the other mob who disrespected our country at our stadium a few years ago.

At the end of the day, we only have ourselves to blame as we were just not good enough despite having the best budget in the league.

Okay, I think there’s lots more to happen but, at the moment it’s League1 again and we should start preparing, and, top priority should be to get some form of Academy in place to breed some homegrown youngsters, something we are sadly lacking.

My contrarian views on the virus policy are well known but I’ll leave off that just now.

What work did he put into reconstruction? It never got off the ground and was never likely to. Find it hard to believe a lot of worm was done collectively never mind by Deans.

He is (tentatively speaking) maybe presiding over some shoots of recovery between us and the club. But he is still an MSG patsy, and his outburst has succeeded only in giving other fans another thing to laugh at. I would laugh too if any other club put out that raging rant. 

You can stick your preference for one arse cheek over another right up the bit in between them too. Disrespecting our country 😂😂😂 Away and clean the bunting and cans of Strongbow off the lawn

55 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I particularly enjoy the part about releasing the statement on a Friday evening, by that point he’s really scraping the bottom of the barrel for things to be annoyed about. 

I thought that as well. I'm interested to know at what time and on what day of the week Falkirk think it is appropriate to release a statement.

11 hours ago, keithgy said:

Falkirk FC respond to news of the failure of league reconstruction talks

Falkirk FC Chairman Gary Deans said:

As a club we must do what we’ve always done, let our performances on the pitch do the talking, and with your support press on through the leagues and take our place in the top division where we can continue to lobby for the necessary change required in Scottish football.”

Is that not what got you in this position?