Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

See if we end up with behind closed doors football, I will more than happily stump up a tenner for FTV to watch the games and keep the club solvent.

But they fucking better invest in some better internet, and some support for the guys doing it.

They get slagged a lot on here but if they are all we have to watch football and put money in, they deserve much better support from the club.

Falkirk would essentially survive given the facilities we have livi geographically could support a team given the facilities . Hamilton and airdrie are joke teams Motherwell have a dump as a stadium combining them into one decent team makes sense.

The argument about tradition is always going to be there but I you never hear from meadowbank , Clyde bank or third lanark fans plus it has to change sometime for the game to survive , Why not now the pandemic might just be the straw that breaks the camels back . Football in the main has turned into a virtual museum for many clubs who just exist to preserve the status quo and history. That may well have been enough in the past but given the growth of the game down south the days if stainrod Andy gray Waddell mo Johnston mcavenny etc signing for us have gone! The Gap just gets wider and wider cause our product is shit . If we think continuing to preserve our own museum is a viable plan for the future and we don’t grasp the opportunity for real change then in my opinion it’s an opportunity lost.

Are you really Ann Budge in disguise?.....

The longer this goes on the more apparent it becomes we may never return to fitba life as it was. Realistically Scotland has moved on anyway from the days when football attracted the crowds necessary to support the numbers of professional/ semi pro teams we currently have.

Re -Construction should result in one pro league of 14clubs , gate money should be shared. It would be a brave move and the silver lining is that crowds might just increase ( Edinburgh could have 50,000 fans each week falkirk 10,000 ) Newcastle (smaller than Edinburgh gets 50000) to watch a currently poor side but the difference is the wage differential in their league might only be the bottom sides are on 50% of the man city wages not the 95% differential that we have in Scotland. The game here is fuckfed and outside the old firm the fans show it by voting not to bother and preferring to watch the more competitive premier league on tv The game needs to have a more equitable basis in Scotland and increased competition just might make the league more attractive to TV and therefore investors ,resulting in dare I say it a better old firm that are if challenged week in week out it might make them more competitive in Europe.

If covid devastates our game ( and it could ) we need to re think take advantage and bounce back with a much improved set up for the modern day fan + media to be interested . This could be a once in a generation chance to get the product right, The current product bores everyone shitless , even Aberdeen get out bid by English non league teams.

Unfortunately that means the end of the likes of stranrar voting on the proposals . Without the league membership payout they are no bigger than Camelon juniors and they should be competing in a part time league from which they can get promoted to the professional league only if they have decent facilities and can go full time .

It won’t happen sadly but if it did here would be my controversial 14

Celtic

Rangers

Dundee city

Hearts

Hibs

Falkirk ( central)

Fife United

Ayrshire

Lanarkshire

Aberdeen

Highlands

Perth saints

Livingston

Dunfermline

After a few years the complaints would die away and we could have a great set up !

Livingston most of the Championship and 3 teams in League 1 have a bigger fan base than that no mark franchise.

Teams covering an area would only work if they were setup when football started in the 19th century, football is too tribal and rivalries too fierce.

Mergers don’t really work, the only mergers that have any hope of success have to be teams from the same town/city like Inverness. Fife United! So where would they play? I’m guessing Kirkcaldy as it’s the biggest town but then it’s a Kirkcaldy team and fans of East Fife will just start up a new team in Non League or be lost to the game forever. While teams will pick up support from surrounding towns and villages 90% come from the town it’s based in or they or their family previously lived there. Having 1 team in Angus based in Arbroath doesn’t mean the Support will be Montrose + Brechin + Arbroath + Forfar it means Arbroath + 10% of Brechin + 10% of Montrose + 10% of Forfar.

Folk taking that post seriously shows how a Trump can get elected.

“Let’s Make Falkirk Great Again.....”

12 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

“Let’s Make Falkirk Great Again.....”

Just don't, you just know that's the next one the marketing team will come out with cant wait to see that plastered round Falkirk "Lets Make Falkirk Great Again"  though MFGA just hasnt got the MAGA ring about it.

Edited by AL-FFC

16 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Just don't, you just know that's the next one the marketing team will come out with cant wait to see that plastered round Falkirk "Lets Make Falkirk Great Again"  though MFGA just hasnt got the MAGA ring about it.

Fecks sake' let's make falkirk mediocre again'would be a start.

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Fecks sake' let's make falkirk mediocre again'would be a start.

😲 Shocked at this response Shadwell.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

See if we end up with behind closed doors football, I will more than happily stump up a tenner for FTV to watch the games and keep the club solvent.

But they fucking better invest in some better internet, and some support for the guys doing it.

They get slagged a lot on here but if they are all we have to watch football and put money in, they deserve much better support from the club.

I'd pay to watch too, no problem. It wouldn't work though because it would encourage folk to congregate together and the arseholes would see it as a chance of a piss up with their mates.

I'd pay to watch too, no problem. It wouldn't work though because it would encourage folk to congregate together and the arseholes would see it as a chance of a piss up with their mates.
By that time though, I wouldnt expect social distancing and the lockdown to be still going in it's current state. I am talking August here, but equally theres no way there will be crowds at football then.

This thread really has hit rock bottom.  I'm actually starting to yearn for the days when there were Mark Campbell related updates to read on my lunch-break... 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

By that time though, I wouldnt expect social distancing and the lockdown to be still going in it's current state. I am talking August here, but equally theres no way there will be crowds at football then.

You are just soooooo negative.

What a wimp!!!

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Yep ! I would put my money in to watch web coverage of a game as would a good % of the support. But how could the safety of the players , background staff , stadium employees be secured. Two groups of people coming in close contact expelling body fluids during the game its a disaster just waiting to happen. All it would take was one player to be infected and it being missed in the checks. 

Nice idea but not going to happen.

I wonder what will happen with season tickets?? 

Hopefully the club manage to come up with some sort of package that each ticket gets access to live games online home and away. Maybe offer a small refund per game that's played behind closed doors until we can get back to games. 

5 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Are you really Ann Budge in disguise?.....

Pondering exactly how one would go about disguising Ann Budge? Maybe a giant mascot costume, or some sort of sexy Halloween costume?

Pondering exactly how one would go about disguising Ann Budge? Maybe a giant mascot costume, or some sort of sexy Halloween costume?

Would it be terribly cruel if I suggested that she could a good model for a Halloween costume but I’m not too sure about the ‘sexy’bit? ....

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Would it be terribly cruel if I suggested that she could a good model for a Halloween costume but I’m not too sure about the ‘sexy’bit? ....

It’s a wide, wide world with lots of people who like different things...but the Bride of Chucky comes to mind...

So given that it’s looking increasingly unlikely that there will be games with supporters in stadia this side of Xmas, the possibility arises that the club may need support from the fan base later this year.

Given the shenanigans of the last few years and the past year in particular, it’d be easy to say GTF, but if it’s our clubs survival that is at stake I think we may need to look beyond and get involved.

I’m of the view that the club could ask for a part payment of season tickets, say 50%, to tide it over for a while.

What’s everyone else’s thoughts on the matter?

Are we all understandably disillusioned or are we willing to think past our concerns?

Cue the abuse.....