The Falkirk FC Thread

Appointing Eddie May was well intended towards a good and loyal club servant. But the guy did not have the skill set for the job as became evident game by game.

Pressley's statement was trying to lift moral. In hindsight it was a mistake but can see his motive in doing it. Why he said it indicates that he recognised moral was in freefall and something had to be done.

Appointing Eddie May was well intended towards a good and loyal club servant. But the guy did not have the skill set for the job as became evident game by game.
Pressley's statement was trying to lift moral. In hindsight it was a mistake but can see his motive in doing it. Why he said it indicates that he recognised moral was in freefall and something had to be done.

The appointment of Eddie May was the cheap option nothing else.
The man did not even want the job!

I would rather he said he was confident that we would stay up than say "nah the lads have downed tools we are down so we are playing for the first division" as long as it was mathematically possible then we had a chance.  I dont even get what peoples problem is/was with Pressley seemed a decent enough guy and the younger players had a lot of respect for him.

You’ve got to remember here that he was a winner as a player and captain and an inspirational leader at Hearts. I guess he was trying to get a bit of that same winning mentality into his players.
Unfortunately it wasn’t enough but I’ve long moved on......

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The appointment of Eddie May was the cheap option nothing else.
The man did not even want the job!

He also had his budget slashed which didn't help. Budget was down 400k that season and he was left with the likes of Bob taking up huge chunks of it.  He was the wrong man for the job but he was up against it anyway.

4 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ll never understand why people thought this was such a big deal. He was trying to show his players that he had every confidence in them in the hope that heads would not be quick to go down on the field of play.

It’s a tactic that sometimes works but when it doesn’t, you get it in the neck.

It’s 10 years ago now and to put all the blame on Pressley, who did at least have a good spell in terms of quality of football and potential prospects, is unfair so I’m not going to castigate him. That honour lies with a couple of more recent dud managers....

Good point mate. For some reason Hartley seems to get very little stick on here whilst some posters love to put the boot into Yogi, Houstie and Pressley regularly.

13 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Good point mate. For some reason Hartley seems to get very little stick on here whilst some posters love to put the boot into Yogi, Houstie and Pressley regularly.

Hartley and mckinnon our took shit management to a new level.

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

Sorry SD but I posted this a few weeks ago. When we created the new top league, Scottish football has spiralled to greed and self preservation beyond imagination. When the chance if reconstruction came up a few years ago, if memory serves me St Mids & Mwell voted it down. 
No prizes for guessing who voted no reconstruction/Hearts down, look no further than the two teams next to Hearts.
Let’s hope with the new chairman and possible new investment/change in BOD, we can seriously build a squad capable of getting out this league. 

I dont think your right to be honest. Certainly the hamilton guy was on the reconstruction group and favoured a new setup.  The likes of aberdeen have been against it for years though and their hemorrhaging cash just now. It was then that voted to keep the 11 1 voting set up when rangers went bust. They are needing every penny they can get so obviously dont want two extra teams getting in to share the money.

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

Second season in the seaside league?

Sair yin.

You guys must be quite upset this evening.

Not really, it was pretty obvious that there was never going to be any kind of meaningful reconstruction.

Edited by Rizzo
Can't spell a three letter word

I dont think your right to be honest. Certainly the hamilton guy was on the reconstruction group and favoured a new setup.  The likes of aberdeen have been against it for years though and their hemorrhaging cash just now. It was then that voted to keep the 11 1 voting set up when rangers went bust. They are needing every penny they can get so obviously dont want two extra teams getting in to share the money.

Ross County made it clear last week they would vote against any temporary reconstruction.
I’ve said a few times on here as soon as they start discussing split of money, greed would prevail....