The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I had a lot of time for Jeffries and if he had just went i am going to Hearts then i could have handled that but to tell the fans standing at the back of the main stand he was staying only to change his mind less than 24 hours later was bad patter,Oh and don't start me on baw bag Lambie.

If you listen to the Jeffries hope street podcast he obviously talks about that day. I think he genuinely regrets the way it happened and to be honest it shows how much falkirk meant to him when it even made him doubt moving to the club he supported and captained. Dont think Fulston covered himself in glory by faking a heart attack to try and get him to stay either.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If you listen to the Jeffries hope street podcast he obviously talks about that day. I think he genuinely regrets the way it happened and to be honest it shows how much falkirk meant to him when it even made him doubt moving to the club he supported and captained. Dont think Fulston covered himself in glory by faking a heart attack to try and get him to stay either.

Nope, it was unforgivable to me. I’m a Falkirk supporter, it’s not in my interest to give him any benefit of the doubt about that u-turn decision he made.  

7 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Nope, it was unforgivable to me. I’m a Falkirk supporter, it’s not in my interest to give him any benefit of the doubt about that u-turn decision he made.  

I was angry at the time but I've mellowed on the whole thing now.  

Mojo was great for us IMHO , his commitment was first class - remember him playing away at Hibs and got injured but played on for the rest of the game.  

Jeffries was one of the finest managers we've ever had , the best football I have seen at Falkirk and my happiest time to be a Bairn.  Like with Houstie , the end of his time with us will never taint the legend for me.   

22 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Mojo was great for us IMHO , his commitment was first class - remember him playing away at Hibs and got injured but played on for the rest of the game.  

Jeffries was one of the finest managers we've ever had , the best football I have seen at Falkirk and my happiest time to be a Bairn.  Like with Houstie , the end of his time with us will never taint the legend for me.   

I remember we were playing away at Meadowbank Thistle one of the last games before Jim took over and the shouts were no Jefferies

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Remember sitting with friends in Tropix on the Saturday night when a guy with the early edition Sunday papers came in, and breaking news that Jeffries had done a U turn & accepted the managers job at Hearts. Don’t think any of us could believe what we were reading, simply devastated and like many couldn’t forgive the guy for a long time. Just wish he’d had the balls to say he was leaving for his home town club and although hard to take, we would have accepted a lot easier. As commented Fulston theatrics didn’t help.... 

( sorry it might have been the Friday night, now that I think back )

It's the kind of thing that would never happen these days as it's all done through agents.  On the podcast he says he went home and noone could believe including him that he'd said he would stay. 

8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Great memories of both these guys.

2 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

Been watching these great highlights that FTV have uploaded and I must say that Tony Parks looks like an absolute bombscare! Nothing like the heroic and flamboyant keeper my 11 year old brain recalls!

Just compare him to Fasan and then you will recall how good he was ..lol 

51 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

Been watching these great highlights that FTV have uploaded and I must say that Tony Parks looks like an absolute bombscare! Nothing like the heroic and flamboyant keeper 11 year old me recalls!

Yep, his popularity caused his habits of flapping and bizarre charges out to be overlooked.

He was decent, but Marshall and McGovern were miles ahead of him.

I remember we were playing away at Meadowbank Thistle one of the last games before Jim took over and the shouts were no Jefferies
The shouts were for Davy Holmes to get Graham Roberts in.

11 hours ago, keithgy said:

Spoke to a work friend of mine who was a Berwick diehard when I heard we had signed him.

Lot of the support was glad to see the back of him. Kick the ball to Hughes and chase after it was how summed up his game plan.

I had my doubts at the start, but my goodness his team played some great football.

Heard a story that Jeffreys and Brown were away most weeks looking at players and that hard work paid off in spades !

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Spoke to a work friend of mine who was a Berwick diehard when I heard we had signed him.

Lot of the support was glad to see the back of him. Kick the ball to Hughes and chase after it was how summed up his game plan.

I had my doubts at the start, but my goodness his team played some great football.

Heard a story that Jeffreys and Brown were away most weeks looking at players and that hard work paid off in spades !

Christ he took berwick from rock bottom of division 2 to 5th on an absolute shoestring too.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yep, his popularity caused his habits of flapping and bizarre charges out to be overlooked.

He was decent, but Marshall and McGovern were miles ahead of him.

Marshall and Burgess were absolute steals from East Fife. You can say what you like about Dave Clarke it was a brilliant piece of business for two players that were good servants to the club and made money when we sold them on.