Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd say the board that appointed him have a lot more to answer for to be honest. 

He went to you with a decent enough record, the board wouldn’t have had a crystal ball. If you had said It’s the boards fault for not sacking him sooner then maybe you’d have a point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wardy said:

He went to you with a decent enough record, the board wouldn’t have had a crystal ball. If you had said It’s the boards fault for not sacking him sooner then maybe you’d have a point. 

He'd been hopeless apart from a good 5 months at raith. The fact that Houston had managed to get us finishing ahead of his united  on a 3rd of the budget should've told us everything. He wasnt even our choice. McCall and McIntyre were spoken to first and then he approached us and we know how well that went. Board were running out of options and so he was an easy one to plump for after a half decent couple of games at morton.  Poor  decision to start with and then he should've been bumped when he  miserably failed to keep us up  but oh no we never learn from our mistakes so we made the same one again we made all those years ago by keeping pressley on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Considering neither FIFA or UEFA also have any planning for this, you having a wee seethe at the useless SPFL not having any fallback is a bit daft.

I daresay they will have plans from now on in the rules.

But that will take planning and a vote.

So getting yourself worked up that you, a bog standard fan of a bog standard 3rd tier side, havent heard about these plans yet, is also a bit daft.

But carry on, interested who's next in the "Shadwell blames the world for everything bad that happens to Falkirk" saga.

TBF to Shadwell, he normally blames Falkirk for everything bad that happens to us.

Most days in fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He'd been hopeless apart from a good 5 months at raith. The fact that Houston had managed to get us finishing ahead of his united  on a 3rd of the budget should've told us everything. He wasnt even our choice. McCall and McIntyre were spoken to first and then he approached us and we know how well that went. Board were running out of options and so he was an easy one to plump for after a half decent couple of games at morton.  Poor  decision to start with and then he should've been bumped when he  miserably failed to keep us up  but oh no we never learn from our mistakes so we made the same one again we made all those years ago by keeping pressley on.

Falkirk had a reputation as not being a hire and fire outfit regarding team managers, to such an extent we were too loyal sometimes. When the Falkirk managers job did come up there were up and coming ex pro's starting out that wanted the gig because of that reputation and the club had some good years because of it. After we sacked Bannon these up and coming managers made a name for themselves and went onto a higher level with out best wishes and goodwill. 

That reputation is shot and will take years to recover it. I do hope Miller and McCracken get a decent chance to prove themselves and that will be clearer in the next couple of months as their contract runs down.  I do have a feeling that if there is a prolonged shutdown they will get the heave in the cost cutting that will be inevitable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your desperation to have a wee rage at everyone/anyone is reaching new levels here, m8.

Is the St Johnstone thread always quiet mate ? You always appear to be on other  teams threads slagging folk off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I see Gary Deans is on the reconstruction committee along with another 12. Nearly a third of the league clubs emoji15.png

Plus HL and LL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the good things about a football forum, or any other forum, is that you can just come on and have a good seethe, have a wee rant about whatever is annoying you.

It doesn't even need to be logically sound or even coherent, but sometimes just having a good old moan without analysing the shit out of it does you good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

One of the good things about a football forum, or any other forum, is that you can just come on and have a good seethe, have a wee rant about whatever is annoying you.

It doesn't even need to be logically sound or even coherent, but sometimes just having a good old moan without analysing the shit out of it does you good.

Just as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:


A song very nearly as annoying as the clueless tit Neil Doncaster.

Steady now, tits are useful and mostly interesting. It’s a bit harsh to categorize them with Doncaster.

As for feeble/febrile posts, perhaps combine for “Fucking Kelpie wheel shaggers?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steady now, tits are useful and mostly interesting. It’s a bit harsh to categorize them with Doncaster.
As for feeble/febrile posts, perhaps combine for “Fucking Kelpie wheel shaggers?”

South stand bar to be renamed Wheel Shaggers & Kelpie Fuckers Social Club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must commend your chairman.Thought he gave a belter of an interview on sportsound today and much that he said I agree with.He was clear,concise and honest

I doff my cap to him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Must commend your chairman.Thought he gave a belter of an interview on sportsound today and much that he said I agree with.He was clear,concise and honest

I doff my cap to him

What did he say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah thought your chairman came across really well today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ffs Hannibal,its 11-05 and another day of lockdown along with numerouse scoops and your asking me to recollect excatly what he said 😂

Sure you can pick it up on sportsound online

I meant to add  previously

Personally,I dont think reconstruction will happen and listening to Ann Budge interview  even less so.

 

Its now 

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary Deans was indeed excellent on Sportsound earlier. The podcast has his interview in full for those who missed it. I used to be a keen follower of thus thread but have fallen behind, and probably round about the time he became your spokesperson/main man. To that end I've no idea if he's well thought of by you guys or not, but he was excellent today. 

If youre going to listen, you should probably listen to the interview with Dave Cormack of Aberdeen first, as GD made direct reference to him which may not make sense otherwise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Ffs Hannibal,its 11-05 and another day of lockdown along with numerouse scoops and your asking me to recollect excatly what he said 😂

Sure you can pick it up on sportsound online

I meant to add  previously

Personally,I dont think reconstruction will happen and listening to Ann Budge interview  even less so.

 

Its now 

I couldn’t be arsed going through it all. 😞

I know nothing of him apart from his first speech was to have a go at the fans. 
we’ll be in league 1 next season if it’s on so all the jockeying for position is just a waste of time IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres a facility bypass all the shite and  fast forward to his interview 😉

 

TBF am outsider looking in so can only go on what I heard and he came across very well in comparison to some others

However,words are pretty cheap

I,ll agree with you though on that I think you will still be in league 1 next season

Budge wants a temporary reconstruction for one season,max 2 so on that basis would  be surprised if that received the votes necessary

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/04/2020 at 11:54, Bantabairn said:

Surely we are already speaking to Ross County / Agent on a deal considering his article on going into painting decorating V the unknown with football. Guessing any players would bite your hand off for a deal considering the situation, however remember we’re Falkirk 

There will be plenty teams courting McManus, very shocked if we weren't one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

There will be plenty teams courting McManus, very shocked if we weren't one. 

Dunfermline have more money than us? Interesting? I've heard Dunfermline are struggling and the guys that bankroll the club are REALLY struggling, could be all bullshit of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...