The Falkirk FC Thread

48 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

McGovern

Kennedy, Hughes, Gillespie, McQueen

McAllister, Latapy, McWilliams

Stainrod

El Alagui     Cadette 

McGivern, Stokes, Gary Smith, Alex Taylor, Parks...  Moist.

Where’s the dig in midfield?? Fantastic team but someone surely needs to make a tackle in the middle. Great going forward though.

1 hour ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Where’s the dig in midfield?? Fantastic team but someone surely needs to make a tackle in the middle. Great going forward though.

Yeah, I did realise that.... But what the hey, its a fantasy team, so I've gone for total football, leave the opposition cloggers swinging at fresh air. Besides, who the hell could I possibly drop??? 😏

1 minute ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Yeah, I did realise that.... But what the hey, its a fantasy team, so I've gone for total football, leave the opposition cloggers swinging at fresh air. Besides, who the hell could I possibly drop??? 😏

It's a case of  we have the ball try to take it off us.  Also the opposition would be loading any defense in case that lot caught you on the break. Fear could well be the defense that team would have.

1 hour ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Drop Farid, move Stainrod and Latapy up one and put Vaulks right in the middle and there you have a team finishing 3rd in the Prem with JJ at the helm!🙌

Thinking about Colin McNair earlier, how about a list of players who could have been excellent for us but, for whatever reason, didn't quite become as well remembered as they should have?

McNair, Bobby McKell, Pele, Cedric Uras, Ken Eadie, Derek Ferguson, Nicky Henderson, Jim Fowler, Collin Samuel, Andy Thomson, Jean-Francois Lecsinel, Jack Compton.

Add your own.

17 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Thinking about Colin McNair earlier, how about a list of players who could have been excellent for us but, for whatever reason, didn't quite become as well remembered as they should have?

McNair, Bobby McKell, Pele, Cedric Uras, Ken Eadie, Derek Ferguson, Nicky Henderson, Jim Fowler, Collin Samuel, Andy Thomson, Jean-Francois Lecsinel, Jack Compton.

Add your own.

Without reading up this is what I came up with:

Steve Lovell, Shayne Lavery, Andy Rodgers, Steven Craig, John O’Neill, Burton O’Brien, Mark Stewart, Colin Cramb, Gerard Aafjes. 

Here’s a game idea - Bad day at the office. Anyone remember a game where they didn’t see a bad result coming? 

My first season was 1990/91 and we lost 2-0 at home to Raith. Stainrod was missing and boy did we look flat that day after trouncing them 7-1 and 4-1 in the other games. Things ended up okay though 😊

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Far too many of those to mention!

Anyway...

76 - 134 Appearances

Michael McGovern: keeper. 2011-2014. Must be our best for a long long time. I go back to Geordie Watson and he was the best for me.

Every season he signed a new deal with us was a bonus,it is great to see him playing the EPL.

16 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Steve Lovell, Shayne Lavery, Andy Rodgers, Steven Craig, John O’Neill, Burton O’Brien, Mark Stewart, Colin Cramb, Gerard Aafjes. 

Steven Craig's debut was sensational. He came on at half time v Livingston when we were 2-0 down and was unplayable. I think he scored twice in a 3-2 win?

You're absolutely right though, he should have blossomed from there but was disappointing in the end.

55 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Add your own.

Add George Connolly was not fit and the guy had personal issues. But in flashes, in these brief moments you were standing there slack jawed at what he did. Possibly the biggest unfulfilled talent that pulled on a Falkirk jersey.

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Add George Connolly was not fit and the guy had personal issues. But in flashes, in these brief moments you were standing there slack jawed at what he did. Possibly the biggest unfulfilled talent that pulled on a Falkirk jersey.

Yea, I agree with what you're saying, however, he was already spent when he arrived. I was more thinking of players that came with a reputation which they failed to live up to when we thought they would or someone who made an initial very good impression and faded when we had higher hopes.

One more list from me: The 6 out of 10 X1. We’ve got the fantasy 11, then the 11 under that (a Crabbe, or a McQuilken for example).  What about a team who were okay,  didn’t shine very often but, fair play, weren’t crap too often either. Here’s mine: 

Westwater

Wishart

Oliver

McGowan

F Johnston

Lima

Colin McDonald

Neily Duffy

Kevin Drinkell

Gareth Hutchinson

Paul Smith 

Remember, you can’t be too good for this team but you can’t be crap very often either?

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

75-74 - 135 Appearances

Stuart Rennie: Goalkeeper. 1968 - 1973

Paul Leetion: striker. Before my time (just) but was he not meant to have been a really hot prospect? 26 goals from 1976 - 1981.

Rennie was a very good goalie. Wee Leetion was a good we player too.

10 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Mark stewart, aafjes and uras were all excellent for us I'd say.  Wallner, theobald,liam craig. Marc Twaddle was always a player I thought would make it big time. Was a very good centre half who got played at left back too often.  Mind him having a fantastic game against rangers at cb and scoring the winner.  Was never the same player after we brought him back.  Guys like uras and aafjes we seemed to always have trouble keeping for long.  Good players but were never played as much as they shouldve been and so went elsewhere.Aafjes should've been one of the first names on the team sheet for me but ended up on the bench at times for some reason.

Edited by Shadwell Dog