Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I had an early night and have just woken up to the news that Partick Thistle have been unable to find the resolve to follow through on their threat of legal action against the SPFL. I am disappointed. It is what it is.

While I appreciate that every club voted in their best interests it doesn't hide that fact that their vote of 'yes' has negatively impacted on the club that I love and have supported for some 50 years.My auld man had a saying when it came to politics but I think that it also so applies to our current situation - "if you're no' fur us then you're agin us".

Why should our fans continue to line the coffers of clubs who actively voted to hurt us? Why should we take 1,500 fans up to Clyde twice a season, basically putting GBP50 - 60k into their bank account to sign players and to help them beat us 3 times this season like their fans love to boast about? The same goes for Airdrie, Peterhead, Montrose, Dumbarton and Forfar. Especially Forfar.

I would ask every Falkirk fan to think long and hard before they visit any of these clubs next season if, and I think that league reconstruction will fail, we are in the same league as them next season. Keep you money for the Bairns.

Now, I know the fun that an "away day" has to offer, I have been on many of them over the years. Obviously we will still be able to support the team on our travels to Firhill and New Bayview next season. However, if you really crave more of an away day "fix", and provided it doesn't clash with a home Falkirk FC fixture, why not go along and support, Hearts, Stranraer or Edinburgh City? Brothers in Arms and all that.

Actions have consequences, hopefully,  and I hope that sufficient of you view this as I do and will stop travelling to certain away games.

COYB.

That's a holocaust of a post mate. Just so much wrong from one guy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's an emotional time, given the whole social context, but try and look at this as objectively as you can and you will see why people voted the way they did. Some teams were fearing for their future, even the Raith chairman had concerns about going into administration.

The reality of Scottish football is that a lot of teams are barely surviving even when times are good, so their concerns were very real. For a lot of teams the vote was stop the season now and get funds to survive, or vote to wait and possible go bust. 

That really is not even a choice. So no one voted to shaft ANY team, they voted in their own interest, which in quite a lot of cases was to keep their club in existence, and every single one of us would have done exactly the same.

I do think there is far more going on behind the scenes than we will ever know, the whole Dundee situation stinks to high heaven, and you can put your last penny on there being some way found to keep Hearts in the self preservation league.

But, the conspiracy theories of teams voting to shaft any other team might be good for forming alliances, but it's nonsense.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Given the Pandemic situation and my club being in the same situation as yours with needing investment, is there really though any investment available at this time?  I really don't think there is

There never will be - Who in their right mind would invest in Scottish football outside of Celtic and even that’s dodgy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think if I’m right we should have:
Mutch, Doyle, Buchanan, Durnan, Dixon, Gomis, Telfer, Todd and Leitch.
I’m unsure regarding Sammon (Thought he was 1 yr) and Connolly.
Out of contract/end of loan:
De Vita, McManus, Hall, Ferrie, McShane, Miller, McMillan and Longridge.
Have I forgotten anyone? 


I believe most of these contracts 2nd year are down to getting promoted. Whatever happens we won’t be so the managers/manager will have a much cleaner slate to work with if this is the case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Shafted ? I think you better speak to Barry Smith aka goofball as he cost you the league. Budget through the roof and he still fluffed it!

 

Get back to your home schooling son, by the look you need it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

With Partick dropping legal action has a deal been done for next season ?  from a pretty stern public statement to a very meek one today ? 

They have zero money to fight anything. So I have been told. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

I know it's an emotional time, given the whole social context, but try and look at this as objectively as you can and you will see why people voted the way they did. Some teams were fearing for their future, even the Raith chairman had concerns about going into administration.

The reality of Scottish football is that a lot of teams are barely surviving even when times are good, so their concerns were very real. For a lot of teams the vote was stop the season now and get funds to survive, or vote to wait and possible go bust. 

That really is not even a choice. So no one voted to shaft ANY team, they voted in their own interest, which in quite a lot of cases was to keep their club in existence, and every single one of us would have done exactly the same.

I do think there is far more going on behind the scenes than we will ever know, the whole Dundee situation stinks to high heaven, and you can put your last penny on there being some way found to keep Hearts in the self preservation league.

But, the conspiracy theories of teams voting to shaft any other team might be good for forming alliances, but it's nonsense.

 

 

 

I would say hibs voted to shaft hearts due to pressure from fans. No other benefit really for them considering it cost them a league place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

They have zero money to fight anything. So I have been told. 

They've got loads of cash just depended on what they are allowed to use it for. I would presume the boy weir left strict instruction on that so it wouldnt get spunked on shit players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would've been nice to see some of those that benefitted coming out and firing into the spfl for the way the whole vote was handled but as usual once teams get what they want their happy to put up with all sorts of shite. It's only when it comes back to bite in the future that they do anything. Even our statement was far too soft on this aspect. I can only presume our bod didn't want to push the bad losers button.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They've got loads of cash just depended on what they are allowed to use it for. I would presume the boy weir left strict instruction on that so it wouldnt get spunked on shit players.

Sure I’ve read it’s ring fenced, bit like a trust fund and believe the original investment was youth and fan ownership. Not sure where this sits now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Would've been nice to see some of those that benefitted coming out and firing into the spfl for the way the whole vote was handled but as usual once teams get what they want their happy to put up with all sorts of shite. It's only when it comes back to bite in the future that they do anything. Even our statement was far too soft on this aspect. I can only presume our bod didn't want to push the bad losers button.

Partly what you’ve said but heard that we are still on probation with the possibility of more fines should we step out of line, all to do with McKinnon / Morton saga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Would've been nice to see some of those that benefitted coming out and firing into the spfl for the way the whole vote was handled but as usual once teams get what they want their happy to put up with all sorts of shite. It's only when it comes back to bite in the future that they do anything. Even our statement was far too soft on this aspect. I can only presume our bod didn't want to push the bad losers button.

I'd imagine a lot of clubs are keeping their powder dry until they see what sort of reconstruction proposals arise. 

I can't imagine any club, other than those with representatives on the SPFL board, are in any way happy at the way things have been handled. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Partly what you’ve said but heard that we are still on probation with the possibility of more fines should we step out of line, all to do with McKinnon / Morton saga

I hardly think that criticising a vote that everyone knows was a shambles will be affected by that.  I'll wait and  see whether stranraer get a fine or not but I doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Partly what you’ve said but heard that we are still on probation with the possibility of more fines should we step out of line, all to do with McKinnon / Morton saga

Add - under the current direction of the SPFL, it’s almost impossible to have a go at the SPFL as you would need support from other clubs. If we believe ICT, they thought even with a group of three allies together they could act together - a few hours later shat on by Dundee, who I’ve no doubt have been got at.

Unfortunately until we have fundamental change on league set up, and the BOD that run our game, hard for me to say but I’m afraid “ Fck you mate as long as we are ok” Period.

As posted above by BBB ( and given a horrid time ) why shouldn’t we start boycotting away games and lining the purses of RR and Clyde ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I hardly think that criticising a vote that everyone knows was a shambles will be affected by that.  I'll wait and  see whether stranraer get a fine or not but I doubt it

There's absolutely no way they could possibly fine Stranraer, Falkirk, Partick or anyone else for openly criticising this shambles, otherwise they'd have to take Sevco to task over it and that's simply not going to happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Add - under the current direction of the SPFL, it’s almost impossible to have a go at the SPFL as you would need support from other clubs. If we believe ICT, they thought even with a group of three allies together they could act together - a few hours later shat on by Dundee, who I’ve no doubt have been got at.

Unfortunately until we have fundamental change on league set up, and the BOD that run our game, hard for me to say but I’m afraid “ Fck you mate as long as we are ok” Period.

As posted above by BBB ( and given a horrid time ) why shouldn’t we start boycotting away games and lining the purses of RR and Clyde ? 

I can easily see a boycott being on the cards if  reconstruction is knocked back by clubs in league one and two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They've got loads of cash just depended on what they are allowed to use it for. I would presume the boy weir left strict instruction on that so it wouldnt get spunked on shit players.

My extrmemely reliable source suggests otherwise. For this anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I can easily see a boycott being on the cards if  reconstruction is knocked back by clubs in league one and two. 

Let’s not fool around here, Budge has been given the worse possible ask in over 20 years of this self righteous set up.

So she keeps Hearts in top league and if the tabloids are to be believed , it’s a 14 team top league. This is where it gets very tricky, does she go with an additional team in each division promoted ?  with no relegation - easy as it protects Partick & Stranraer and yes Brechin ( who's chairmen is part of SPFL BOD 🙄) it promotes ICT, Falkirk & Kelty Brora . Absolutely Simple ?

We are all forgetting DUNDEE ? What deal has been done ? Are we going to see some kind of playoff in each division and no auto No 2 additional  team ? 
Are we honestly after all that or whatever proposal is put forward, we’ve got a 11  - 1 vote ? Is the Forfar chairman going to still vote yes without Partick & Falkirk not in division, sorry but we’ve got a better chance of Santa promoting Season Tickets 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Let’s not fool around here, Budge has been given the worse possible ask in over 20 years of this self righteous set up.

So she keeps Hearts in top league and if the tabloids are to be believed , it’s a 14 team top league. This is where it gets very tricky, does she go with an additional team in each division promoted ?  with no relegation - easy as it protects Partick & Stranraer and yes Brechin ( who's chairmen is part of SPFL BOD 🙄) it promotes ICT, Falkirk & Kelty Brora . Absolutely Simple ?

We are all forgetting DUNDEE ? What deal has been done ? Are we going to see some kind of playoff in each division and no auto No 2 additional  team ? 
Are we honestly after all that or whatever proposal is put forward, we’ve got a 11  - 1 vote ? Is the Forfar chairman going to still vote yes without Partick & Falkirk not in division, sorry but we’ve got a better chance of Santa promoting Season Tickets 

Forfar have been around for a long, long time - do we really think they’ll go bust without us and Partick being in the league ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t see 14-10-10-10 happening for one season. Not so much due to the old firm but those in the bottom league. If you bring Kelty and Brora in I don’t think they will be the bottom at the end of next season which means at least two established clubs will vacate next season. A bit like turkeys voting for Christmas......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...