Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Nobody voted to “keep us down”. I don’t think any of these clubs give a f**k about Falkirk to be honest. 

Everyone is entitled to attend whichever games they like, but I won't taking part in any boycotts because, IMO, they're childish and pointless. Teams voted to get prize money released earlier to aid their finances. You can argue that the distribution of money should have been decoupled from the vote on calling the season now (and I'd agree with you), but that was the proposal on the table and the majority of clubs were happy to back it. The shenanigans that has gone on since Friday isn't the fault of L1 clubs. They've voted to ease their cashflow; something I'm sure we'd have done in the same position.

I seriously doubt they're looking at us and Partick as cash cows. We'll take 500-1,000 to most aways which is a nice boost for these clubs twice a season, but it certainly won't be something they budget for. Very arrogant to think us boycotting will bankrupt them.

2 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Everyone is entitled to attend whichever games they like, but I won't taking part in any boycotts because, IMO, they're childish and pointless. Teams voted to get prize money released earlier to aid their finances. You can argue that the distribution of money should have been decoupled from the vote on calling the season now (and I'd agree with you), but that was the proposal on the table and the majority of clubs were happy to back it. The shenanigans that has gone on since Friday isn't the fault of L1 clubs. They've voted to ease their cashflow; something I'm sure we'd have done in the same position.

I seriously doubt they're looking at us and Partick as cash cows. We'll take 500-1,000 to most aways which is a nice boost for these clubs twice a season, but it certainly won't be something they budget for. Very arrogant to think us boycotting will bankrupt them.

Is the prize money not paid in stages throughout the season with a final balance being paid based on the final positions? This would mean that any amounts still due to be paid would be fairly minuscule at our level. Pretty sure the forfar chairman stated that the prize money was immaterial.

33 minutes ago, champions said:

Is the prize money not paid in stages throughout the season with a final balance being paid based on the final positions? This would mean that any amounts still due to be paid would be fairly minuscule at our level. Pretty sure the forfar chairman stated that the prize money was immaterial.

It's relatively small down the league table, but the amount due to Raith Rovers is about £60k - and for teams in the Championship it's hundreds of thousands.  

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Ask UEFA to run Scottish Football as we're clearly incapable of doing it ourselves.

Is this what they call a whoosh around here?

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Correct.

The bbc said a no vote via an abstention was not legally binding but dundee at no point abstained. They voted and then changed their minds which is a totally different thing altogether.

In what way is an abstention a No?

And yes, they voted No and then changed their minds. That is within the SPFL rules. I saw it this morning, maybe on Tom English Twitter. 

Just had a couple of texts In from a couple of friends ( Aberdeen supporters) rumour is that for Dundee to vote yes, top division to increase by four teams for beginning of next season. Promotion for top two in each leagues and two coming up from non league. Apparently it’s been knocked back and hence no decision yet. As said this is rumour only but what a belter from Dundee if true

10 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

In what way is an abstention a No?

And yes, they voted No and then changed their minds. That is within the SPFL rules. I saw it this morning, maybe on Tom English Twitter. 

Reading  the rules. If you dont agree with the proposal you dont have to do anything it says. So basically an abstention is a no.  Once your vote for a yes is in then you cant change it but it doesnt actually say whether you can change your mind if you vote no or not as it says if you disagree you dont do anything.  Why then are teams sending in no votes when they shouldn't be doing anything??? Rules are completely farcical. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

The Forfar comments certainly leave a bad taste. Reading between the lines, there is no way they'd have backed this proposal had they been sitting 10th in the league rather than Stranraer.

The likes of Clyde, Airdrie etc would benefit more than Forfar from having us (and Partick) in the league. Likewise for the Championship - having Hearts coming down would be a real shot in the arm to the other clubs finances. I'd imagine there would be a lot of ill feeling amongst their fans as well if this goes through.

The Dundee situation has made the whole affair even more of a joke

As Shadwell and others have said - there are rumours of league reconstruction flying about all over the place. I don't think it can hurt to have a proper discussion before deciding anything, especially as it will be virtually impossible to start next season on time anyway.

Just had a couple of texts In from a couple of friends ( Aberdeen supporters) rumour is that for Dundee to vote yes, top division to increase by four teams for beginning of next season. Promotion for top two in each leagues and two coming up from non league. Apparently it’s been knocked back and hence no decision yet. As said this is rumour only but what a belter from Dundee if true
Assuming that something in that proposal is lost in translation - that would be an 8 team Championship?

2 minutes ago, true_rover said:
31 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Assuming that something in that proposal is lost in translation - that would be an 8 team Championship?

Cant see the top flight agreeing to 16 teams either.

i suspect (might be wrong), he meant top 2.
If it’s been rejected by the arse cheeks I’m sure the next step is to offer to admit colt teams rather than Kelty and Brora.....

23 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Cant see the top flight agreeing to 16 teams either.

Don’t know how they would reconstruct based on the text, tbh think a lot of shite.

Shambles top to bottom but if this does go through, it's an absolute shit show for teams to be relegated without an end to the season but putting that monumental element to one side, these sides do currently occupy spots that would see them relegated, likewise raith currently occupy a slot that would see them promoted.

However, Falkirk, Airdrie and montrose (and qots) currently occupy spots that would result in a promotion playoff...surely the result isn't just to pretend that isn't happening and move on without some form of consideration to that fact?

24 minutes ago, oot_the_loop said:

Shambles top to bottom but if this does go through, it's an absolute shit show for teams to be relegated without an end to the season but putting that monumental element to one side, these sides do currently occupy spots that would see them relegated, likewise raith currently occupy a slot that would see them promoted.

However, Falkirk, Airdrie and montrose (and qots) currently occupy spots that would result in a promotion playoff...surely the result isn't just to pretend that isn't happening and move on without some form of consideration to that fact?

Yip that's the plan. 105 page proposal handed out in the middle of a meeting to discuss the whole thing . As the aberdeen chairman said

We feel strongly that the SPFL board should not have asked member clubs to cast a vote on this resolution with less than 48 hours’ notice, especially when these resolutions allow for 28 days.This request was made during a one hour video conference with no room for constructive discussion or debate, leaving us scrambling for time to review the resolution legal document and then discuss the merits of it with our board. 

Ridiculous.

18 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yip that's the plan. 105 page proposal handed out in the middle of a meeting to discuss the whole thing . As the aberdeen chairman said

We feel strongly that the SPFL board should not have asked member clubs to cast a vote on this resolution with less than 48 hours’ notice, especially when these resolutions allow for 28 days.This request was made during a one hour video conference with no room for constructive discussion or debate, leaving us scrambling for time to review the resolution legal document and then discuss the merits of it with our board. 

Ridiculous.

The Aberdeen chairman that told his fans he was voting no then U turned ?

46 minutes ago, oot_the_loop said:

Have you looked at the points difference between Partick and Dunfermline ? No wonder there was little yes votes 

26 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

The Aberdeen chairman that told his fans he was voting no then U turned ?

His reason to vote no was it was all too quick. Once the spfl bod had guaranteed him that the top flight sides would still have loads of time to discuss he voted yes. So he obviously didn't give a feck that it was getting steamrolled in over the small clubs as long as it wasnt aberdeen.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Correct, East Fife and Partick away for me only next season. Bitter/petty whatever you want to call it I don’t care. These clubs have voted to keep up down for their own benefit. I’ll be doing exactly what they don’t want and staying away then their plan for an extra 75K or more will go tits up. Why should we as fans be used as a cash cow? I understand the argument “but we’d do the same if in that situation”. Yes probably, but we’re not.

The absolute state of this post. Possibly the most "Falkirk" post of all time! 😂