The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Too late for that. Clown burnt his bridges when he left. Guy was a fantastic player and a decent manager for us despite his limitations. If he'd left to go to hibs and behaved afterwards with a bit of dignity then he would still be appreciated at falkirk. However, the pettiness he showed when he left and the way he behaved on his returns as a manager mean he'll never be getting a clap from me nor would I ever want him back at the club. 

Can see where you are coming from and there was no need for him to say what he said. Maybe Coyle, Rice and Latapy played a bigger part in his team management successes than they get credit for. Seeing he cannot get a management job for love nor money maybe points in that direction.

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I dont like him because he behaved like a complete twat at the end of his term at the club and subsequently. If he had acted with dignity and appreciated the start in management we gave him then that wouldnt be the case. There was no need for it either. He was moving on to a bigger club he supported as a kid. Noone could begrudge him that. Why did he then feel the need to run the club down and behave like an arse is anyone's guess but it certainly was not needed.

Things went on behind the scenes in his last season at the Club and he was let down badly by certain individuals. I`ve tried to maintain a silence on the subject but sometimes with the comments I read on here, it`s very difficult. One thing I can tell you, he still loves the Club with a passion.

3 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Things went on behind the scenes in his last season at the Club and he was let down badly by certain individuals. I`ve tried to maintain a silence on the subject but sometimes with the comments I read on here, it`s very difficult. One thing I can tell you, he still loves the Club with a passion.

He's not the only manager at falkirk whose been let down over the years on this and that but at least they managed to leave with a bit of dignity and didn't act like a two year old.

26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I dont like him because he behaved like a complete twat at the end of his term at the club and subsequently. If he had acted with dignity and appreciated the start in management we gave him then that wouldnt be the case. There was no need for it either. He was moving on to a bigger club he supported as a kid. Noone could begrudge him that. Why did he then feel the need to run the club down and behave like an arse is anyone's guess but it certainly was not needed.

You are entitled to your opinion - you totally are but it’d be nice to hear a positive one now and again mate.

You we’re giving Carl Finnigan both barrel’s about 30 mins ago.

6 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Bail out now mate - you won’t win this one.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You are entitled to your opinion - you totally are but it’d be nice to hear a positive one now and again mate.

You we’re giving Carl Finnigan both barrel’s about 30 mins ago.

Carl finnigan was pish that's why. I do put up positive posts but people seem to choose to gloss over them and concentrate on the negatives.

Can someone tell me what he did at the end of his time as manager that has upset some folk? I know there was a letter sent to the club from a group of fans telling him that he should leave after what was a disappointing last season (despite a cup run). I know he was looking to try his luck down south but I don’t think he was blowing his trumpet too much. I don’t think he was being as blatant as saying he was a cert for a Premiership or Championship job or anything. He’d done a good job for us and he might get a gig at a league 1 or 2 club and who knows after that. That’s the impression I got at the time.

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Carl finnigan was pish that's why. I do put up positive posts but people seem to choose to gloss over them and concentrate on the negatives.

Finnigan wasn’t the best but he always gave 100% for us. It was always going to be difficult for him given he was effectively replacing Stokes.

People are probably that shocked when you are positive they assume you are being sarcastic mate.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Finnigan wasn’t the best but he always gave 100% for us. It was always going to be difficult for him given he was effectively replacing Stokes.

People are probably that shocked when you are positive they assume you are being sarcastic mate.

Last few seasons theres been hee haw to be positive about at the end of the day. Reminiscing is the only positivity at the moment 

I’ve a lot of time for Yogi and focus on the good times mate. You don’t like him, I get that, but you could be a bit more positive at times.

I reckon finding a post on here where Shadwell is happy is less likely than winning Euromillions jackpot....[emoji6]

19 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Can someone tell me what he did at the end of his time as manager that has upset some folk? I know there was a letter sent to the club from a group of fans telling him that he should leave after what was a disappointing last season (despite a cup run). I know he was looking to try his luck down south but I don’t think he was blowing his trumpet too much. I don’t think he was being as blatant as saying he was a cert for a Premiership or Championship job or anything. He’d done a good job for us and he might get a gig at a league 1 or 2 club and who knows after that. That’s the impression I got at the time.

The Bairns Trust letter was embarrassing - the club should have done far more to support him at the time. 

I keep reading about his supposed ego but I didn't see any of that - was always very open and honest at the fans forums.

The Bairns Trust letter was embarrassing - the club should have done far more to support him at the time. 
I keep reading about his supposed ego but I didn't see any of that - was always very open and honest at the fans forums.

Good honest laddie..........

5 minutes ago, Bula Bairn said:

The bairns trust thing was a stupid idea by a couple of numpties.  He did hawk himself about publicly though to all and sundry when in his last season or so in the job. You have to wonder why though a guy with such a good record as a manager and player at the club doesnt get the affection from the falkirk support that you would think his record was due and to me it's simply the way he conducted himself at the end and his times at the club after that.  Even in the run up to the ICT cup final there was virtually zero talk of any affection he had for falkirk as a club despite us giving him his main starting stage as a central defender and manager.

[emoji848]Dads Army, Theobold, Wallner, "Yer club's fcuked" on his way out the door.[emoji849]

Has he ever said anything spiteful about Falkirk or his time at the club? About the fans overall? He’s said he wouldn’t work with certain people at board level again who were there previously but nothing grudging unlike supporters like Shadwell. He’s not Jeffries but he deserves a decent reception from the club.

6 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Has he ever said anything spiteful about Falkirk or his time at the club? About the fans overall? He’s said he wouldn’t work with certain people at board level again who were there previously but nothing grudging unlike supporters like Shadwell. He’s not Jeffries but he deserves a decent reception from the club.

As kidding says telling us our clubs fucked on the way out the door was simply unnecessary. It's the behaviour of a 2 year old.

16 minutes ago, kiddy said:

"Yer club's fcuked" on his way out the door.emoji849.png

Well thank you for at least getting the quote right!!

Most versions have him as saying  "I`ve fcuked your Club" which I always found strange as he left us in the Premier and Europe.

The quote was in reference to the Board & their appointing May as his successor....and he was right.

Edited by 60`s bairn

1 minute ago, 60`s bairn said:

Most versions have him as saying  "I`ve fcuked your Club" which I always found strange as he left us in the Premier and Europe.

The quote was in reference to the Board & their appointing May as his successor.

Aye that and the past it dross he left us with.

Just now, 60`s bairn said:

The quote was in reference to the Board & their appointing May as his successor.

Seems fair enough and sadly proven right in terms of relegation the following season. Dads Army was a plan that was surely to complement the Barr’s, Arfields and Scobbies and hopefully others that aren’t quite as good. Still thought McNamara was good experience at the back though McCann didn’t have the legs. Still don’t see how he can’t be seen in a glass half full light.