The Falkirk FC Thread

Many interesting points on Sportsound this afternoon, more deflection and 'he said she said' of course, but just what is it about effing Motherwell, that yet again the top flight has such a hard-on for them?? A cash bail-out arbitrarily because they didn't get an extra OF game??  Whit?? 

Where 's that clause in the articles of constitution?  🤮  

9 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Many interesting points on Sportsound this afternoon, more deflection and 'he said she said' of course, but just what is it about effing Motherwell, that yet again the top flight has such a hard-on for them?? A cash bail-out arbitrarily because they didn't get an extra OF game??  Whit?? 

From what i have read not matter how much Doncaster and the RC chair try to deflect it seems to raise more questions and thats where the issue is. The longer this drags on the more one or both them are going to end up resigning.

51 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Viewing figures for this one can't have reached double figures surely? I'm missing sports and football in particular but not enough that you're going to get me watching Doyle, Sammon and De Vita again.

Who the hell would have voted for a match from this gigantic trudge of a season?

Could have seen Will Vaulks notch the 6th v Cowdenbeath which would have tied in with his message. 

...and Stewart Wheatley departs, uncommented upon, into the Fife mists.

Into the 70's we go, baby!

80-78 - 131 Appearances

'Big' Tam Young1967-1972. 44 goals. Beefy striker.

John Henry: sylph like midfielder: 1998-2006. 26 goals. We love John Henry, and if it's quite alright we love John Henry, trust in me when I saaaaaaay...

Carl Finnigan: Geordie striker. 2006-2011. Much maligned but 1 in 4 goals/starts record is not the worst. 27 goals.

21 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

80-78 - 131 Appearances

'Big' Tam Young1967-1972. 44 goals. Beefy striker.

John Henry: sylph like midfielder: 1998-2006. 26 goals. We love John Henry, and if it's quite alright we love John Henry, trust in me when I saaaaaaay...

Carl Finnigan: Geordie striker. 2006-2011. Much maligned but 1 in 4 goals/starts record is not the worst. 27 goals.

Carl Finnigan. Feck me why did he keep getting signed. Was constantly injured (was out for months with earache) and when he did play he was crap. To make matters worse he was Hughes's replacement for Anthony Stokes.  Brutal.

1 hour ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Daily Record side ! does that explain it ?

36 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Carl Finnigan. Feck me why did he keep getting signed. Was constantly injured (was out for months with earache) and when he did play he was crap. To make matters worse he was Hughes's replacement for Anthony Stokes.  Brutal.

When you look at his stats in Newcastle reserve he was banging in goals for fun so its understandable but then you have to look at the standard from Premership reserve sides to what we end up with see for example Dennon Lewis, Dallison, and Sammut

When you look at his stats in Newcastle reserve he was banging in goals for fun so its understandable but then you have to look at the standard from Premership reserve sides to what we end up with see for example Dennon Lewis, Dallison, and Sammut

He was never as bad as that misery Shadwell is making out....

There was some interesting points made in todays 'Off the Ball' phone in with questions to guests such as Prof Leask regarding the virus and possible timelines for normality. 

Summary - No accumulations of people till there is a vaccine. Good example was the restaurant business. Can't serve meals, Deep clean of table between covers. Cutlery-Plates-Glasses would require some protocol in place for handling.

Sets of fans turning up from all two areas and districts within them. Shout, sing and holler for 90 minutes in close vicinity.  Not going to happen ! forget football starting anytime soon.

This month I suspect reality will have to be faced and Football put into hibernation.

FFC are maybe better placed than most. We have some cash. We can vacate the stadium and its running costs. 10 signed players for the coming season with maybe a get out if we were not promoted. So a casher to go now would be fair to all. Being cynical they will be a shadow of the players they were when we last saw anyway. Then Miller and McCracken out of contract end of June - so sorry but it's goodbye.

Shut up shop- we are shut for the duration.

36 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

He was never as bad as that misery Shadwell is making out....

It was re-signing guys like him that meant we were murder the year we first played back in the championship. That shouldve been our best chance to bounce back before the budget got slashed but pressley decided to keep dumplings like finnigan. St Johnstone couldnt get rid of him quick enough when he went there but we on the other hand kept on giving him a new deal.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, keithgy said:

We have had some really bad strikers in our time,howeverJohn Stewart was probably one of the worst.

having had Dennon Lewis on our books i would pretty much say it was a tie

80-78 - 131 Appearances

'Big' Tam Young: 1967-1972. 44 goals. Beefy striker.

Tam Young. Some guy. Sold me a watch for my old man’s 60th birthday......one of about 20 watches he had in his coat that night. Vague memories of him scoring a long range cracker against Hibs. Possibly league cup. 2-0? Tam looked like a scaled up version of Francis Lee of Man City fame.