Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Horrendous situation with this virus and let’s not forget the thousands of people lost and gravely ill. I hate using the word unprecedented as this should be only used for those effected by this horrible virus. However it’s where we are and just hope that we can survive if this does go on until year end or further. One thing for sure we won’t have 42 clubs and would expect to see the whole of football changing if we do go into the new year. 
With the upmost respect to all clubs, maybe this is what’s needed.....

Forgot to add - Gary Deans, thought for once we’ve came out the box as a club, and decent interviews so far ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We'll do whatever we fucking like. Thank you. 

See you next season, champ. Oh wait... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/04/2020 at 08:01, Ned Nederlander said:

F'ck me - I'm not denying that on each occasion we could have done more to prevent the negative outcomes but we've had some mad league defining moments,

Finishing 3rd bottom of the top flight the only time the bottom 3 were relegated, having a play-off place removed mid-season, Airdrie ground share refusal, Murrayfield ground share refusal, Airdrie going tits up, global fucking pandemic!

Have I forgotten any?

Why not tie McKinnon into the pandemic? Without Ray’s ties away strategy and sterling recruitment efforts, you’d likely not be one point back and facing the screw again...and you paid for the privilege, very Falkirk/Raith behavior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not really. Why would you send in a no vote with a note saying it's not a no vote?

Why would you send in a request for an extension of BREXIT with a note that says you don’t want an extension. Fair enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Why would you send in a request for an extension of BREXIT with a note that says you don’t want an extension. Fair enough?

Not a clue what your talking about m8.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not a clue what your talking about m8.  

You asked why a club would submit a vote with a cover letter asking them to disregard the vote. Boris had a similar idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

You asked why a club would submit a vote with a cover letter asking them to disregard the vote. Boris had a similar idea.

Doubt dundee have done anything like that.  The disregard our vote would have come as soon as the spfl got in touch with them and said dont resubmit your vote till we've had a good chat. Is there something we can do for you to change your mind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Why not tie McKinnon into the pandemic?

Or why not just the read the bit where I said we could've done more to prevent the negative outcomes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was casting my mind back to previous SPL or variant, changes / decisions that’s kicked us in the nuts.

It started off as  a 12 team league playing  44 games 2 down 2 up fine.

87/88 They decide to change to a 10, promote 1, relegated 3. Yip we get relegated 3rd bottom with Morton and Dunfermline.

88/91 They run with 10 playing 36 games, season 90/91 no relegation St Mirren bottom, we got promotion with Airdrie numbers back to 12

91/94 They run with 12 back to playing 44 games, we got relegated in 92/93 and in 94 they go back to a 10 relegating 3 Dunfermline Raith and St Johnstone 

94/98 They run with 10 playing 36 games but also introduced Play Offs for 2nd bottom v 2nd Top, That is until a mid season reconstruction where they did away with the Play Off and compensated the 2nd Top in Div 1 £250,000, there’s a surprise that was due to us, although £250,000 grand was handy at that time, a Play Off which would have been against Motherwell was lost. 

99/00  Still 10 teams playing 36 games. 1 down 1 up no Play Offs

At end of 99/00 There’s supposed to be a Playoff between bottom in Top League ( Aberdeen ) and 2nd and 3rd in Div 1 ( Dunfermline and Falkirk) as they are going to increase back to 12 for 00/01  Oh sorry lads Brockville isn’t suitable, result Playoff scrubbed,  no relegation for Aberdeen and Dunfermline went up along with the Div 1 champions St Mirren. 

00 / Onwards They run with 12  Playing 38 with a split. They only had one down one up until 2013 when they introduced lop sided Playoffs weighted grossly in favour of the 2nd bottom in Top League.

01/02 Our one stroke of luck, we finished second bottom in Div 1 to Raith and should have been relegated, but Airdrieonians went bust and relegation  was avoided.

02/03 Div 1 Champions, no promotion despite having ground share arrangements in place at Airdrie or Murrayfield. Motherwell again saved from relegation.

03/04 Div 1 Champions Inverness promotion allowed to ground share at Aberdeen.

19/20 The fiasco continues.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Or why not just the read the bit where I said we could've done more to prevent the negative outcomes?

You did ask for anything you missed, and that seemed a good add. Sorry if it hit a nerve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been talking about this for a few weeks, and so it looks to be coming true. The harsh reality is there is no way the government will allow people to sit together in stands or stand on terraces , hugging each other at goals etc without having a vaccine for the virus - which is a year away at best.

Therefore next season when it arrives could well be all be played behind closed doors.

Sadly this can't work for clubs outside the top tier and I honestly don't see how they can survive.  With no season ticket money coming in it's game over. Same goes for gigs & theatre. 

 https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-clubs-sent-chilling-financial-21853998

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this rate we probably won’t be able to restart till roughly the same time this season ended.

Sensible decision would be to split the prize money between all the clubs now and see what happens. Too soon to end the league.

Never happen though because there’s too much self interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forfar Athletic       w*nk

Clyde                         w*nk

Peterhead               w*nk

East Fife                   Good Guy

Dumbarton             w*nk

Raith Rovers           w*nk

Stranraer                 Good Guy

Montrose                  w*nk

Airdrie                        w*nk

 

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Forfar Athletic       w*nk

Clyde                         w*nk

Peterhead               w*nk

East Fife                   Good Guy

Dumbarton             w*nk

Raith Rovers           w*nk

Stranraer                 Good Guy

Montrose                  w*nk

Airdrie                        w*nk

 

The only ones I would really say stink are the likes of montrose and dumbarton who came out before the vote saying they were going to vote no and then voted yes. Montrose publicly stated “We believe there would be an integrity issue if teams were relegated with a quarter of the season to go.” and then voted for whilst jim duffy said  “I do not think this is the right time to make this decision. We are a month into the shutdown and we can wait another month before deciding this. We can play midweek to catch up" and again Dumbarton backed it.  Obviously no integrity at either club.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

I was casting my mind back to previous SPL or variant, changes / decisions that’s kicked us in the nuts.

It started off as  a 12 team league playing  44 games 2 down 2 up fine.

87/88 They decide to change to a 10, promote 1, relegated 3. Yip we get relegated 3rd bottom with Morton and Dunfermline.

88/91 They run with 10 playing 36 games, season 90/91 no relegation St Mirren bottom, we got promotion with Airdrie numbers back to 12

91/94 They run with 12 back to playing 44 games, we got relegated in 92/93 and in 94 they go back to a 10 relegating 3 Dunfermline Raith and St Johnstone 

94/98 They run with 10 playing 36 games but also introduced Play Offs for 2nd bottom v 2nd Top, That is until a mid season reconstruction where they did away with the Play Off and compensated the 2nd Top in Div 1 £250,000, there’s a surprise that was due to us, although £250,000 grand was handy at that time, a Play Off which would have been against Motherwell was lost. 

99/00  Still 10 teams playing 36 games. 1 down 1 up no Play Offs

At end of 99/00 There’s supposed to be a Playoff between bottom in Top League ( Aberdeen ) and 2nd and 3rd in Div 1 ( Dunfermline and Falkirk) as they are going to increase back to 12 for 00/01  Oh sorry lads Brockville isn’t suitable, result Playoff scrubbed,  no relegation for Aberdeen and Dunfermline went up along with the Div 1 champions St Mirren. 

00 / Onwards They run with 12  Playing 38 with a split. They only had one down one up until 2013 when they introduced lop sided Playoffs weighted grossly in favour of the 2nd bottom in Top League.

01/02 Our one stroke of luck, we finished second bottom in Div 1 to Raith and should have been relegated, but Airdrieonians went bust and relegation  was avoided.

02/03 Div 1 Champions, no promotion despite having ground share arrangements in place at Airdrie or Murrayfield. Motherwell again saved from relegation.

03/04 Div 1 Champions Inverness promotion allowed to ground share at Aberdeen.

19/20 The fiasco continues.

 

 

 

 

 

Along with Inverness you can mention Gretna - they had no intention of upgrading but  were backslapped into the SPL like long lost pals

A team who eventually had to use First Division Livingston's ground to play fixtures (primacy of tenure rule anybody?)

Edited by Ned Nederlander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Along with Inverness you can mention Gretna - they had no intention of upgrading but  were backslapped into the SPL like long lost pals

A team who eventually had to use First Division Livingston's ground to play fixtures (primacy of tenure rule anybody?)

Was it not motherwell they used? Or did they use both. Only memory I have of gretna was us pumping them 4 0 on the opening day of the season at a sunny fir park. Great day that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Was it not motherwell they used? Or did they use both. Only memory I have of gretna was us pumping them 4 0 on the opening day of the season at a sunny fir park. Great day that.

Yeah I remember that Fir Park game well, Tim Krul in goal for us.

Can't remember them playing at Livingston at all either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Was it not motherwell they used? Or did they use both. Only memory I have of gretna was us pumping them 4 0 on the opening day of the season at a sunny fir park. Great day that.

 

12 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Yeah I remember that Fir Park game well, Tim Krul in goal for us.

Can't remember them playing at Livingston at all either.

They had to use Almondvale after Fir Park (surprisingly) became unplayable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...