The Falkirk FC Thread

46 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Was before segregation and we always stood there. Most fans just wanted to cheer on their team and there was some good banter with them during a game. Few bampots of course and Falkirk had a fair share of them as well.  These were the days when fans switched ends. The stewards only involvement was the one way system over the bridge over the invalid carriage entrance. 

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Was before segregation and we always stood there. Most fans just wanted to cheer on their team and there was some good banter with them during a game. Few bampots of course and Falkirk had a fair share of them as well.  These were the days when fans switched ends. The stewards only involvement was the one way system over the bridge over the invalid carriage entrance. 

I remember there being no segregation and changing ends at half time but didn't think that was allowed for big games where there were large crowds? TBH though, I only have vague memories of specifics and don't remember very much at all about games years ago. Or more recently either in fact! :(

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I remember there being no segregation and changing ends at half time but didn't think that was allowed for big games where there were large crowds? TBH though, I only have vague memories of specifics and don't remember very much at all about games years ago. Or more recently either in fact! :(

Could have been segregation at that game Shagger can't remember there were plenty of other Falkirk fans around me. The guy at the Watson Street turnstile never bothered as far as I can remember. We had the attitude that was where we stood till my Section B Row H Seat 53 era in the stand. Perfect view from the terracing could see the 4 corner flags and therefore the whole pitch. With the added advantage of a few yards from the exit and one of the first at the bar for post match refreshments.

You had to get your priorities right !

23 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Could have been segregation at that game Shagger can't remember there were plenty of other Falkirk fans around me. The guy at the Watson Street turnstile never bothered as far as I can remember. We had the attitude that was where we stood till my Section B Row H Seat 53 era in the stand. Perfect view from the terracing could see the 4 corner flags and therefore the whole pitch. With the added advantage of a few yards from the exit and one of the first at the bar for post match refreshments.

You had to get your priorities right !

If there's one thing I've learned about you HSW, it's that you like a wee bevvy!

Q&A on FTV with Gary Deans

interesting that one of the clubs that claimed to have cover over the CoVid doesnt cover them as the virus didnt originate from their club.  Seems to be quite transparent with everything.

For anyone that cba watching the whole thing scroll forward to about 27 mins on investment/ownership

37.41 minutes best question yet How do the club remedy the poor decision making from the top down.

Edited by AL-FFC

89-88 124 Appearances

A couple of 70s stalwarts:

John Mitchell: midfielder. 1975-1980. 14 goals. I got nothing on this guy.

John (Jocky) Whiteford. Striker. 1973 - 1976. 59 goals. Some goal record. One of three Whitefords to play for us in the 70s. Were they brothers?

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

6 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

89-88 124 Appearances

John (Jocky) Whiteford. Striker. 1973 - 1976. 59 goals. Some goal record. One of three Whitefords to play for us in the 70s. Were they brothers?

Hey, Ranaldo, what about my question of about 4 hours ago.

Im still awaiting an answer?

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Cheers mate. That must have been it then. I mind of being at the away match in between so that might have been Clyde ??

Ranaldo was right...2-0 vs Ayr.

Found this database that let me see the scores: https://www.footballdatabase.eu/en/club/fixtures/514-falkirk/1984-1985

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

89-88 124 Appearances

John (Jocky) Whiteford. Striker. 59 goals. Some goal record. One of three Whitefords to play for us in the 70s. Were they brothers?

One of the funniest moments I experienced in football was a midweek game at Brockville against Shire involving John Whiteford. Cannot remember if it was a Stirlingshire Cup game or a reserve fixture ? but anyway.

The Shire goalie called Gourley was taking a goal kick at the car park end. He took a run up missed his footing, toe bashed a big divit in front of the ball. As this lump of turf majestically sailed to the half way line the ball trickled out of the box. Meanwhile Gourley was hopping about on one foot holding his mangled toes in the other. Whiteford took the ball and walked it into an empty net. It was hysterical, my ribs were sore in the convulsions of laughter. People were staggering away trying to make the toilet before wetting themselves. Many had to have a piss against the back wall. It was one of these moments where people were laughing at the people laughing and it just got worse and worse. It was bizarre and one of the funniest football moments I have ever seen.

Anybody else remember that game ?

4 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

One of my great memories, I think, was Alex Wright scoring a last minute equaliser against Rangers.

He shoved their goalie into the net.

Would definitely have been a foul nowadays.

I think it ended 4 or 5 each.

No doubt the experts will correct me?

Well you never asked me directly, just made a sniffy comment.

You are right. 5-5, 14/3/59. Alex Wright scored a hat trick.

Sounds like a great result, but we were 4-2 up at half time!

28 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

89-88 124 Appearances

John Mitchell was a left winger and a very good one too.

Whitefords were two brothers and a cousin. Think it was Derek and Davie that were brothers, Jocky the cousin.

Looks like that would be 84-85 or 85-86 with those two together. In 1984, Round 11 was vs Forfar, 4-6 and Round 13 was vs Hamilton, 6-4. Not what you remember, but the scores match, IDK.

Anyone else notice that the next time we played Forfar and Hamilton in Jan and Feb, both those games ended 0-0? Must have been a disappointment for those attending expecting similar thrills....