The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Seems to be our club that gets done over by these decisions. Not being promoted due to our stadium, not allowed to ground share etc etc. 
Every club has the right to vote how they wish, that’s democracy and I can accept that however the way this has filtered out with Dundee and their “mystery vote” for them to have us all by the balls, the whole thing should have been thrown out. 
I expected a better statement from us to be honest. Should have had a little bit of backbone IMO. 

Watch the league one voting reversing to no for reconstruction. The expected plans would be Raith&Falkirk being replaced by Cove and Edinburgh City.

I'd personally now consider 3 league's of 14, the same rules for 3 league's.

A split halfway through season top 6 bottom 8 play each other twice, two automatic promotions, 3rd bottom each league plays 4th in lower league two legs, the winner plays 3rd in a one off game at a neutral venue.

The 10 club league's are great for having 80-90% of clubs having something to play for all season but it's still pretty much closed shop for success.

As for our statement yesterday, I don't think they could've said all that much in a short space of time, I hope they are consulting with Partick, Stranraer, East Fife and others in regard to what next. I personally think this will drag on for a while yet, for a start we don't know if our top league will resume, which opens more cans of worms

7 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Surely we are already speaking to Ross County / Agent on a deal considering his article on going into painting decorating V the unknown with football. Guessing any players would bite your hand off for a deal considering the situation, however remember we’re Falkirk 

Hard business and pragmatic logic will dictate what the club will do. It prime objective is to survive nothing anymore than that. We don't even know if there will be a 20-21 season far less a kick off date. Far to many unknowns in the mix to employ anybody new so McManus will be a casualty as sad as that will be.  Miller and McCracken only have a contact till the end of June they might even get punted as well.

It won't just be Falkirk doing it every club will be looking at keeping costs to a minimum. Players out of contract, youth and academy squads reluctantly will be dumped. The same will apply to background staff with the stadiums just locked up with the keys in a drawer.

When there is an announcement when football is to start. Then and only then after looking at what money if any they have left will there be signings, gambling that the market will be chock a block with players desperate to resurrect their careers.

Brutal ? Yes but realistic.

I have seen Falkirk four times this season - three times against us and once against Airdrie.  You were honking and turned in arguably among the worst performances that I have seen at Broadwood this season.  A potential nine points squandered by three woeful appearances.  Things would be looking very different had you not let diddy teams beat you.    Had you managed to take even a point from us, my suspicion is that the Falkirk fans would be having a good gloat at the expense of Raith Rovers.

Raith Rovers on the other hand are probably the best team that I have seen and fair play to them.  That said, the league table does not lie.  It just baffles me that such a woeful side that I have seen four times this season is in the position that you are.

The whole thing is about self-preservation, and this has characterised Scottish football for a very long time.  I think that all clubs are looking out for themselves, including those not in the promotion or relegation mix.  A club of clubs are desperate for the pay out that they so desperately needed to survive.

"Listen", the comedy show that was Ray McKinnon has brought this upon Falkirk.  This is not a good outcome for many, and it is very easy to make a straw man of the SPFL.  But the BoD at Falkirk should not underestimate their contribution to the mess that FFC find themselves in.  

Edited by Fast_Action

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

I have seen Falkirk four times this season - three times against us and once against Airdrie.  You were honking and turned in arguably among the worst performances that I have seen at Broadwood this season.  A potential nine points squandered by three woeful appearances.  Things would be looking very different had you not let diddy teams beat you.    Had you managed to take even a point from us, my suspicion is that the Falkirk fans would be having a good gloat at the expense of Raith Rovers.

Raith Rovers on the other hand are probably the best team that I have seen and fair play to them.  That said, the league table does not lie.  It just baffles me that such a woeful side that I have seen four times this season is in the position that you are.

The whole thing is about self-preservation, and this has characterised Scottish football for a very long time.  I think that all clubs are looking out for themselves, including those not in the promotion or relegation mix.  A club of clubs are desperate for the pay out that they so desperately needed to survive.

"Listen", the comedy show that was Ray McKinnon has brought this upon Falkirk.  This is not a good outcome for many, and it is very easy to make a straw man of the SPFL.  But the BoD at Falkirk should not underestimate their contribution to the mess that FFC find themselves in.  

No shit Sherlock!

10 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

Talk about a serious lack of humility. Take a look at yourself. 

Guest Ecosse83
5 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

Does that refer to the McKinnon comedy show or your stinking performances against Clyde.  Remember the 3-2 that well flattered you?

We know we are pish, what's your point? 🤣

4 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

Does that refer to the McKinnon comedy show or your stinking performances against Clyde.  Remember the 3-2 that well flattered you?

See if we hadn't drawn away to Stranraer, if we hadn't drawn with Dumbarton, if we had beat East Fife away, we would be going up. It's nice for you to have interpreted some sort of achievement out of your games v us, unfortunately for you, its totally fucking irrelevant.

5 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Spot on , take away McManus, Longridge & Millar I’m sure we’ve got most “ contractually “ signed for next season, however I would imagine that most contracts would have caveats on returning straight up, if we are keeping in this expect a fair number of players leaving. Tbh I would expect all clubs to be running with numbers never experienced before ( low numbers)

I think if I’m right we should have:

Mutch, Doyle, Buchanan, Durnan, Dixon, Gomis, Telfer, Todd and Leitch.

I’m unsure regarding Sammon (Thought he was 1 yr) and Connolly.

Out of contract/end of loan:

De Vita, McManus, Hall, Ferrie, McShane, Miller, McMillan and Longridge.

Have I forgotten anyone? 

Edited by CC52 FFC

31 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

This is would be hilarious if there wasn't such a serious background issue.

Your logic and reasoning here is like a 10 year old child.

Our position doesn't come down to only the games with Clyde. 

IF, these were the only games we dropped points in, then yes you would have a sound argument, but your thinking embarrassing.

A Clyde fan, who cheers on a rapist every week, is seriously talking abut the mess another club is in?

As pish as we are, we will never be Clyde.

35 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Mutch, Doyle, Buchanan, Durnan, Dixon, Gomis, Telfer and Leitch.

De Vita, McManus, Ferrie, McShane, Miller, McMillan and Longridge.

Have I forgotten anyone? 

I'd like to keep McManus, Miller and maybe longridge.  Longridge maybe less so.  

After the past few years of watching this muck, I’ve grown to expect shite like this to happen. I can’t get too upset and I still think the fact Hearts will do everything in their power to stay up will end up benefiting us massively.

Whatever league we’re in, we need some serious investment into that side as the majority of its muck.

16 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

After the past few years of watching this muck, I’ve grown to expect shite like this to happen. I can’t get too upset and I still think the fact Hearts will do everything in their power to stay up will end up benefiting us massively.

Whatever league we’re in, we need some serious investment into that side as the majority of its muck.

Given the Pandemic situation and my club being in the same situation as yours with needing investment, is there really though any investment available at this time?  I really don't think there is

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, CC52 FFC said:

Mutch, Doyle, Buchanan, Durnan, Dixon, Gomis, Telfer and Leitch.

De Vita, McManus, Ferrie, McShane, Miller, McMillan and Longridge.

Have I forgotten anyone? 

Yeah add Josh Todd to the list signed for next season. 

Given the Pandemic situation and my club being in the same situation as yours with needing investment, is there really though any investment available at this time?  I really don't think there is

I don’t think so no, it really depends on how long this goes on for.

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

That entire defence and midfield 🤕

Dixon and durnan were playing ok over the last few weeks.I'm no fan of buchanan and feel we looked better with him on the bench. A more attack minded right back would be useful. Midfield I'd try and punt telfer as he's mince. We need to get out of playing gomis and miller  together and get some legs and energy in there.  Hall may be worth persevering with and Connolly wasnt bad. Apart from mcmanus though I wouldnt really be sad if the rest never returned.

Edited by Shadwell Dog