Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

You need to look at who made those choice and on the form they have since they have at least if anything been consistent at it if ever there was a better time of new ownership then its now but given the fact they have dug there heels in even more and we are now trying to get people to invest in the club (with the current incumbents in charge no one in their right mind would). The only time Falkirk Council were onside about the stadium was when it was proposed for Stirling road (yes it was that long ago) in Camelon and the housing development but due to methane on the site but if i mind right at the time the Goldie's were shouting from the rooftops about it, funny how a change in plans can alter things.

As posted earlier incompetence of the highest order from sale of Brockville.

Promised a new beginning, a stadium that would be envy of clubs, no debt and chance of being one of the top teams after the usual top six. Whilst we have no right to be in the top division, we got one stand ( like it or loathe it ) and a lovely perimeter fence, I remember saying to my mates hope we’ve not run out of money......😞

We had no choice but to go in with the council at that point. We were stagnating as a club at brockville and were never going to be able to raise the amount of cash to knock down the old brockville and built a new stadium without the money from selling the site. We lost our majority percentage of the brockville site as we had to pay back the 2 million quid we owed Eddie Healey down south. We were therefore putting the same amount of cash into the new place as the council which gave us no majority say. That said whoever's was doing the deal at the time made a rip roaring cant of it and this was made even worse by the clowns who agreed the latest set up when the stadium deal was changed. They have left us in a really weak position. One it's not easy to get out of without loads of cash.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We had no choice but to go in with the council at that point. We were stagnating as a club at brockville and were never going to be able to raise the amount of cash to knock down the old brockville and built a new stadium without the money from selling the site. We lost our majority percentage of the brockville site as we had to pay back the 2 million quid we owed Eddie Healey down south. We were therefore putting the same amount of cash into the new place as the council which gave us no majority say. That said whoever's was doing the deal at the time made a rip roaring cant of it and this was made even worse by the clowns who agreed the latest set up when the stadium deal was changed. They have left us in a really weak position. One it's not easy to get out of without loads of cash.

Yep ! Hindsight is a great thing. What annoyed me the most was the council selling the land to the stadium company where the council was the majority stakeholder. ie - they sold land to themselves diluting FFC share of the stadium and it not costing themselves a penny. If ever there was an opportunity for a bit of accountancy slight of hand to work to your advantage it was this.

Long term objective is to buy the stadium outright before indulging in 4th stand fantasies. 

Yep ! Hindsight is a great thing. What annoyed me the most was the council selling the land to the stadium company where the council was the majority stakeholder. ie - they sold land to themselves diluting FFC share of the stadium and it not costing themselves a penny. If ever there was an opportunity for a bit of accountancy slight of hand to work to your advantage it was this.
Long term objective is to buy the stadium outright before indulging in 4th stand fantasies. 

It is over £10m on the councils books. They have invested in the car parks recently.

Nothing but a pipe dream buying it. Falkirk should build a forth stand and let the council get on with losing money out of their white elephant

It is over £10m on the councils books. They have invested in the car parks recently.

Nothing but a pipe dream buying it. Falkirk should build a forth stand and let the council get on with losing money out of their white elephant
Yes. Build the money making facilities in the fourth stand, undercut the council. Use the main stand as a stand only. f**k buying out the council. Smoke them out instead.

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
23 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Yes. Build the money making facilities in the fourth stand, undercut the council. Use the main stand as a stand only. f**k buying out the council. Smoke them out instead.

Building a 4th stand would be a matter for the Falkirk Community Stadium Company. There is not a commercial case for building one, just cannot understand why people keep bringing it up. As for how much the council value their stake in the company. Has anybody asked how much they want or got a valuation on it ? Would be a good starting point. There is another option. Sell to the council FFC share of the company. Rent it for games and have nothing else to do with it. Train at Stirling University. Office administration can be done from rented or leased premises, Plenty about in Falkirk High Street that could be incorporated into a shop downstairs and offices above. FFC are not looked on as a partner by the council. They are seen as a lucrative reliable income stream who have nowhere else to go and treated accordingly. 

Building a 4th stand would be a matter for the Falkirk Community Stadium Company. There is not a commercial case for building one, just cannot understand why people keep bringing it up. As for how much the council value their stake in the company. Has anybody asked how much they want or got a valuation on it ? Would be a good starting point. There is another option. Sell to the council FFC share of the company. Rent it for games and have nothing else to do with it. Train at Stirling University. Office administration can be done from rented or leased premises, Plenty about in Falkirk High Street that could be incorporated into a shop downstairs and offices above. FFC are not looked on as a partner by the council. They are seen as a lucrative reliable income stream who have nowhere else to go and treated accordingly. 
It's a better option than trying to buy the council out, which has been brought up often recently. That's never happening.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Car park (monoblocking) and the charging points were paid for by a grant from tourism Scotland and the charging points part of the Scottish govt initiative for to have car charging points every 30 miles.

Given the roaring c**t the council have made of the Kelpies (the Sculptor calls the shots on that one in regards to the merchandise and marketting) i'm amazed they managed to get the upper hand mind you 2 levels of incompetence there just one was more inept than the other.

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We rent it - not a mortgage

Gee whiz couldn’t make it up 

Brilliant start to another boring week watching that 3-0 win over Airdrie.

Cant believe we’re talking 30years ago.

Great crowd, great atmosphere and I love their cricket pavilion stand.

Those were the days.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

We rent it - not a mortgage

Whether I’ve picked up incorrect or bullshit information on the two end stands, I was under the impression that we were paying back a mortgage to SA and not renting, can this be clarified and/or confirmed.

35 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Whether I’ve picked up incorrect or bullshit information on the two end stands, I was under the impression that we were paying back a mortgage to SA and not renting, can this be clarified and/or confirmed.

We pay the c**t rent.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

I thought we were paying it up too m8. Surely there must be some sort of end game with this.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Brilliant start to another boring week watching that 3-0 win over Airdrie.

Cant believe we’re talking 30years ago.

Great crowd, great atmosphere and I love their cricket pavilion stand.

Those were the days.

My first season supporting the club - probably set my benchmark way to high! 

One question, what was the general view on Derek McWilliams? Good stats, integral part of a great squad and that dribble and long range shot in the Airdrie game was excellent. Could he have competed at a higher level? (I see him occasionally working as a postman as I drive to work).

3 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

One question, what was the general view on Derek McWilliams? Good stats, integral part of a great squad and that dribble and long range shot in the Airdrie game was excellent. Could he have competed at a higher level? (I see him occasionally working as a postman as I drive to work).

Think McWilliams was a bit like Scott McKenzie like often overlooked and under rated.

Just remembered how much i hated that big eared b_stard Andy Smith after watching that Airdrie game.

Edited by AL-FFC

2 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

One of my favourite all time bairns. Guy had everything. Pace, ability and could dig in when needed too. He'd be playing regularly in a top 6 side in the premier these days. Top player.

28 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

One of my favourite all time bairns. Guy had everything. Pace, ability and could dig in when needed too. He'd be playing regularly in a top 6 side in the premier these days. Top player.

That’s what I thought. Surely a case to put him on the left of an all-time X1 (at least the last 30-40 years).

There must be a good explanation but why on earth did he leave us, to go to our biggest rivals, when we had just won the league?!

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven
More to say