Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Something like this opposite the main stand would be ideal.

Paul Groundtastic on Twitter: "Some super grounds have been lost ...

Would you include the rust on the underside of the corrugated roof ! Used to be a good laugh when the ball hit the roof and the rust rained down on all and sundry. Happy memories !

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Would you include the rust on the underside of the corrugated roof ! Used to be a good laugh when the ball hit the roof and the rust rained down on all and sundry. Happy memories !

That was the old roof that sloped from back to front, not the new roof here that slopes from front to back.

On 04/04/2020 at 12:28, Bula Bairn said:

One of the best podcasts so far! 

Credit to the guys and Scobbie for doing it - brilliant listen.  

Get hold of big Burgess in Australia, his episode would be a cracker !

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Something like this opposite the main stand would be ideal.

Paul Groundtastic on Twitter: "Some super grounds have been lost ...

We'd need to go up to Ochilview to get it back.

I was just about to say that did stenny no buy or were given it in exchange for us sharing at Ochilview, i think Morton bought the floodlights did they no ?

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

We'd need to go up to Ochilview to get it back.

Agree ! we got well and truly screwed not only in the selling of Brockville but in the whole Westfield shambles.

3 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Leaving enough room for a 4th stand if ever that became viable.

No 4th stand until FFC own the stadium, car park and surrounding land outright. FFC got well and truly screwed over Westfield. We should never have allowed that ego trip of a main stand to be build. Far to big could have got another stand built for the same money. 

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

No 4th stand until FFC own the stadium, car park and surrounding land outright. FFC got well and truly screwed over Westfield. We should never have allowed that ego trip of a main stand to be build. Far to big could have got another stand built for the same money. 

Incompetence at the highest level when the deal was brokered with Morrison’s for our beloved site, we allowed people with limited knowledge signing long term contractual agreements which they were simply out their depth, today and for years to come we suffer. If there was a case for renegotiation nothing like the present time.

53 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Incompetence at the highest level when the deal was brokered with Morrison’s for our beloved site, we allowed people with limited knowledge signing long term contractual agreements which they were simply out their depth, today and for years to come we suffer. If there was a case for renegotiation nothing like the present time.

Yes ! it would be an opportune moment to make a casher one off offer to the Council to buy the Stadium Company outright. Along the lines of ' Hey Council since we moved to Westfield we have paid you X mount. Know you are strapped for cash so 1.5 million in your bank tomorrow and FFC own the Stadium-Car park and surrounding land. How about it' They would bite your hand off.  Money is cheap to borrow, what we pay the stadium company every month would more than cover say a 20 year payback period. We would also have an asset to borrow funds on in the future.

That really is one of the most evocative images you can show me of times gone by. Taken from where I used to stand when I went with my dad, looking down towards where I stood once I started going with my pals. 
I hope that picture never ceases to make me feel warm and fuzzy

Did every one of us stand at the same barrier?

23 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Yes ! it would be an opportune moment to make a casher one off offer to the Council to buy the Stadium Company outright. Along the lines of ' Hey Council since we moved to Westfield we have paid you X mount. Know you are strapped for cash so 1.5 million in your bank tomorrow and FFC own the Stadium-Car park and surrounding land. How about it' They would bite your hand off.  Money is cheap to borrow, what we pay the stadium company every month would more than cover say a 20 year payback period. We would also have an asset to borrow funds on in the future.

What about “South Stand Development Company Limited”? FFC owed them £97,500 in 2019, with the yearly payment increasing and it’s unclear if its a let to own or just a let situation. Just noting the situation is even more depressing than you paint, as I’m sure there are some other issues too. It’s even more convoluted than the ownership situation at Raith, but that’s clearer after a few years of summary research by a couple of gents.

10 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Did every one of us stand at the same barrier?

I didnt take up a lot of space back then

3 hours ago, BudBairn said:

I’d be happy with the gazebo back with the flags. Those were the day!

CelebrationvRangers(h).jpg

49 minutes ago, TxRover said:

What about “South Stand Development Company Limited”? FFC owed them £97,500 in 2019, with the yearly payment increasing and it’s unclear if its a let to own or just a let situation. Just noting the situation is even more depressing than you paint, as I’m sure there are some other issues too. It’s even more convoluted than the ownership situation at Raith, but that’s clearer after a few years of summary research by a couple of gents.

Westfield Stadium is owned outright by the Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd.  Its a mess and football clubs like Raith and Falkirk are getting taken to the cleaners because of it.

Westfield Stadium is owned outright by the Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd.  Its a mess and football clubs like Raith and Falkirk are getting taken to the cleaners because of it.

Hold on a minute.

Who signed up to the deal on the stadium?

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

The Council owned 2/7th of the Brockville site. They persuaded FFC to go in with them on the new stadium and insisted on a main stand of that capacity. Now this is the clever bit from the Council. They formed the Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd and sold their own land to themselves at an inflated price due to the potential of a Hotel attached to the stadium. FFC sign up and end up near skint while the council win big time. Few months later no hotel due to the blast zone. Council therefore become major stakeholder in stadium company. Council get a tenant with nowhere else to go. Paying of a land price that is nothing short of fraud. Lease of the stadium increased every season and a nice casher every financial year. FFC must have paid the cost of the thing a few times over.

We cannot walk away as we have nowhere else to go. The council for one would never give planning permission.

For that reason a buyout comes before any 4th Stand.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

We should never have allowed that ego trip of a main stand to be build. Far to big could have got another stand built for the same money. 

Disagree. The main stand is significantly better than the likes of St Mirren's tinpot effort and well worth the extra money spent. Whilst I do agree that we didn't get a good deal from the new stadium, if we hadn't been such a basket case both on and off the park for the last decade, we'd be playing in the Premiership right now with a finished stadium. 

12 hours ago, BudBairn said:

I thought that bit between the stadium and the new Astro park was an extension of the car park, looks like wasteland! Miss the place.

It's been used as a carpark since the new pitch was finished but it's just loose gravel like behind the north and south stands. As someone else said - basically unmade ground until the fourth stand is built.

The Council owned 2/7th of the Brockville site. They persuaded FFC to go in with them on the new stadium and insisted on a main stand of that capacity. Now this is the clever bit from the Council. They formed the Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd and sold their own land to themselves at an inflated price due to the potential of a Hotel attached to the stadium. FFC sign up and end up near skint while the council win big time. Few months later no hotel due to the blast zone. Council therefore become major stakeholder in stadium company. Council get a tenant with nowhere else to go. Paying of a land price that is nothing short of fraud. Lease of the stadium increased every season and a nice casher every financial year. FFC must have paid the cost of the thing a few times over.
We cannot walk away as we have nowhere else to go. The council for one would never give planning permission.
For that reason a buyout comes before any 4th Stand.

Sorry but you would think we were forced to go this route reading this. We led the charge on the new stadium and made a roaring c**t of the deal. End of

39 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Sorry but you would think we were forced to go this route reading this. We led the charge on the new stadium and made a roaring c**t of the deal. End of

Don't disagree ! We needed either a revamped Brockville or a new stadium and as you stated made a c**t of the deal as I outlined.

37 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You need to look at who made those choice and on the form they have since they have at least if anything been consistent at it if ever there was a better time of new ownership then its now but given the fact they have dug there heels in even more and we are now trying to get people to invest in the club (with the current incumbents in charge no one in their right mind would). The only time Falkirk Council were onside about the stadium was when it was proposed for Stirling road (yes it was that long ago) in Camelon and the housing development but due to methane on the site but if i mind right at the time the Goldie's were shouting from the rooftops about it, funny how a change in plans can alter things.