The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Interesting and sobering call with my son in law last night. He's friendly with a player from a championship let’s just say that under this ludicrous SPFL forced vote and probably more to loose than many players. This players income is for playing full time football and has no other source of income. His club have told him that should the vote be passed the Club will suffer severe cutbacks, and probably the squad will be reduced dramatically. Many young players will simply be told to find other employment. The players point is that many of the lower league players are part time with full time jobs for their normal life, and that many part time players are picking up surprising high wages for part time football. His view is that if these clubs were full time this vote would have been blown away. Had me thinking that should Scottish football be looking at complete change of league format that reduces the risk of unemployment within our full time football players.....

Assuming this is not just a case of his club being relegated as a result of the vote and therefore having to make substantial cutbacks (which happens with every relegation, global pandemic or not), why would the vote passing suddenly result in massive cutbacks that would not have occurred anyway?

Edit: I would stress I am not making light of this, just that unless there is evidence that this particular vote would cause huge financial issues across the board then I'm not really sure what your point is.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

20 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

The point the player is making is that many of these lower league clubs and players have far less at stake than the clubs that invest with youth academy’s etc and they are allowed to vote on such important changes ( apart from the greed league) ( I think that was the point 😐)

That's a kind of old firm attitude to be honest. Whether you have an academy or not shouldn't matter. 

27 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

The point the player is making is that many of these lower league clubs and players have far less at stake than the clubs that invest with youth academy’s etc and they are allowed to vote on such important changes ( apart from the greed league) ( I think that was the point 😐)

Of course they are allowed to vote on such changes as it directly affects them. The vast majority of any scottish youth team will play part-time football for some of/all of their career, although they might not realise it just yet it is entirely in their interest that there are as many well run lower league clubs as possible. Otherwise the drop-off from being released from a Partick would be enormous.

If this pandemic hadn't happened and Partick had been relegated legitimately then exactly the same cuts would be being made. That is the result of having relegation as part of a league, and would be the same with any club. Unless he is advocating having a closed shop league of 20 full-time teams then I'm not sure what he is getting at.

The issue is the fairness of relegating Partick in these circumstances.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Was it not motherwell they used? Or did they use both. Only memory I have of gretna was us pumping them 4 0 on the opening day of the season at a sunny fir park. Great day that.

I think the last time we were the top of the premier league and the best team in Scotland.

Don’t think your too far away 

To be honest this whole issue just highlights the need for a total review of the leagues.The clubs who have more than 2000 fans need to be in the same league and playing each other to survive. At present we have a bunch of part time clubs who (and credit to them )who are above the likes of us and Patrick because they have taken advantage of the overall low standards of skill and fitness and have out performed us. It’s laughable that Alloa , Arbroath Hamilton , etc are better run than us with our management consultant approach to running a club.
We deserve all we get in my opinion . We have a total fuvck up and disgrace of a management team. Rout the lot of them and get in fans with some entrepreneurial spirit to run the place Safe Accountants and lawyers no more.The people who put them in place are even worse !

2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

To be honest this whole issue just highlights the need for a total review of the leagues.The clubs who have more than 2000 fans need to be in the same league and playing each other to survive. At present we have a bunch of part time clubs who (and credit to them )who are above the likes of us and Patrick because they have taken advantage of the overall low standards of skill and fitness and have out performed us. It’s laughable that Alloa , Arbroath Hamilton , etc are better run than us with our management consultant approach to running a club.
We deserve all we get in my opinion . We have a total fuvck up and disgrace of a management team. Rout the lot of them and get in fans with some entrepreneurial spirit to run the place Safe Accountants and lawyers no more.The people who put them in place are even worse !

Right, so because we're shite, and there's been a completely independent screw up at the SPFL. we need to bin all the wee, well run teams into some outer darkness, and just let the "big" teams (cough!) play each other?

Forfuckssake, do you realise how elitist and dare I say it, Auld firm-ish this sounds?

There's been a complete heads gone from many people around this issue, but Falkirk fans are, as usual, splattering cranial matter all over the shop.

11 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Interesting and sobering call with my son in law last night. He's friendly with a player from a championship let’s just say that under this ludicrous SPFL forced vote and probably more to loose than many players. This players income is for playing full time football and has no other source of income. His club have told him that should the vote be passed the Club will suffer severe cutbacks, and probably the squad will be reduced dramatically. Many young players will simply be told to find other employment. The players point is that many of the lower league players are part time with full time jobs for their normal life, and that many part time players are picking up surprising high wages for part time football. His view is that if these clubs were full time this vote would have been blown away. Had me thinking that should Scottish football be looking at complete change of league format that reduces the risk of unemployment within our full time football players.....

T.Robson imo.

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Which team in league 1 and 2 didn't vote? If there was 3 no votes and us east fife and edinburgh voted no then did stranraer vote yes?

i posted on the other thread one of the votes must have went in after 5 as at the time it said only 16 votes and 3 against leaving 1 other the clubs voting no were Falkirk, Edinburgh City, East Fife and Stranraer:

image.thumb.png.62699609f9db387c351768fe65aa0652.png

Was it not motherwell they used? Or did they use both. Only memory I have of gretna was us pumping them 4 0 on the opening day of the season at a sunny fir park. Great day that.

......and the last time we won the opening game of a season.

According to inverness it was 10 mins into the meeting to discuss the proposal on wed that they were handed the 105 page document proposal for the first time. How can you discuss and agree to vote on a 105 page proposal you've only just received. Farcical stuff.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

10 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

No football until 2021/22, two leagues of 16 (as that's all that will be left standing anyway)

I seriously doubt there will be that many.

With China and S Korea now advising rising new cases after ending their lockdowns , the reality is every match will be behind doors for 12-18months.

Any club that relies on gate money (which is most of them)  will not survive in their current form, best case scenario is they can all start again once we have a vaccine. 

There needs to be real leadership and serious planning right now for what's to come , rather than all the squabbling that's going on.  

Surely the results of this vote really have to be discarded after all of the associated nonsense?

If Dundee change their vote and the proposition gains the necessary approval from clubs, even the biggest sceptic could draw the conclusion that there has been bribery/blackmail going on behind the scenes.

12 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Normally take any article with a pinch of salt, but if there’s anything in this piece which proves that individual(s) have been brokering deals based on the original vote, especially with the unbelievable story with Dundee’s vote or no vote, I sincerely hope the authorities take the appropriate actions ( eh sorry it’s the SPFL ?) what a bloody shambles this whole episode is becoming;

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/deals-dundee-chief-jon-nelms-21861369

Dundee being bribed with friendly matches to vote yes. Honestly you couldnt make it up.

15 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

As said, normally don’t believe a word that comes from the Daily Bogot papers, but if clubs are arranging friendlies, it takes Scottish football from the gutter to god knows where, it’s now three days and still not a word ( official word) from Dundee 

The fact that the future of our club and a number of others is being discussed by dundee and god knows who else from the spfl with noone telling anyone what the feck is going on is pretty hard to take. I've voiced my opposition to the proposal but if the vote had come out a straight yes you accept it and move on. This kind of thing though leaves you sick to the back teeth of scottish football altogether. I think that's shown by the fact that even raith fans on here who have backed the deal quite rightly are  feeling that the way this is panning out is just not right.

Edited by Shadwell Dog