Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

In all seriousness a massive % of businesses won’t be paying the 20%

Are we making up the 20% or more to normal salary ?  I’d be surprised if we were and could afford to. The interview said “almost all” had been furloughed, so some obviously are not.

13 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

This is the start of it , Bein Sports suspending payments to the French league as they cannot finish the season for the foreseeable future.

Bein also pay a hefty amount for the EFL games and the SPFL . I bet Sky and BT are watching this.

If the leagues go null and void it will have a truly massive financial impact on English football & to a lesser extent Scotland.

For these reasons it won't be declared null and void IMHO.

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/ligue-1-to-lose-tv-rights-payment/178839

The TV companies will have a firm grip on the baws in any case what happens down the line. A delayed kick off for next season, lesser game season, dropping a cup, European competitions in disarray and internationals will have them holding cash for a long time yet.

It will be the EPL who suffer the most, I'm sure season tickets were a very very small percent of their incomes with TV and sponsorship being the biggest earner.

I can see the EPL either doing closed door games or something out the ordinary to complete the season, Scotland could get away with null and void quite easily.

Uefa are seemingly beiling and in talks with Belgian authorities with their decision to award Club Bruges the championship, they wanted unity within the end result throughout Europe.

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The TV companies will have a firm grip on the baws in any case what happens down the line. A delayed kick off for next season, lesser game season, dropping a cup, European competitions in disarray and internationals will have them holding cash for a long time yet.

It will be the EPL who suffer the most, I'm sure season tickets were a very very small percent of their incomes with TV and sponsorship being the biggest earner.

I can see the EPL either doing closed door games or something out the ordinary to complete the season, Scotland could get away with null and void quite easily.

Uefa are seemingly beiling and in talks with Belgian authorities with their decision to award Club Bruges the championship, they wanted unity within the end result throughout Europe.

Hats off to Bruge grew a pair an used them, how refreshing in our beautiful game that they didn’t use “ UEFA” a corporation filled with corrupt blazers. 

39 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Are we making up the 20% or more to normal salary ?  I’d be surprised if we were and could afford to. The interview said “almost all” had been furloughed, so some obviously are not.

We're topping up to 100 percent. You cant furlough all your staff as you still need some to keep the club going in the mean time.

36 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We're topping up to 100 percent. You cant furlough all your staff as you still need some to keep the club going in the mean time.

Well impressed the club are making up the difference, haven’t heard of many companies doing more than the government 80% or £2500 maximum 

John McGlynn wants Raith to be awarded the men’s singles at Wimbledon
Why do you care? You guys have massive cash reserves!

4 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Hats off to Bruge grew a pair an used them, how refreshing in our beautiful game that they didn’t use “ UEFA” a corporation filled with corrupt blazers. 

The Belgian league isn't depending on TV rights from anyone other than Belgium and been all paid up probably key.

They haven't decided on relegation as of yet and by fuk their league is worse than Scotland's top league in regards of split.

Top 6 split to decide positions and bottom 8 to decide 1 relegation spotPlay-offs I (also known as the title playoffs) are contested by the top-six clubs in the regular season, with each club playing each other twice. Play-offs II (also known as the Europa League playoff) are contested by teams ranked 7 to 16 in the regular season, divided in four groups of four teams playing each other twice (six teams from the Belgian First Division B also take part in playoff II). The team finishing in 16th place is relegated

13 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

That quiz was really good tonight. Hopefully see more things like that.

Again fair play to the club and announcer, quiz was very enjoyable. Club have been doing the right things during the lockdown, want to get us fans onside as it's tough going at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Is this the game where Higgy had a total heads gone?

Doesn't really narrow it down much tbh.

My boy Gasparotto in the starting XI was something I could do without tbh. A big useless blob.

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Is this the game where Higgy had a total heads gone?

Yes, yes it is 😀

45 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

We miss taiwo, Muirhead not so much 😄😄

Muirhead is far preferable to Doyle and is better than any centre back we have on our books.

17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Muirhead is far preferable to Doyle and is better than any centre back we have on our books.

That being said he still wasnt the greatest CB which is pretty much an indication of how far we have fell.

Reruns a great thing to keep Saturdays in some sort of routine.

How many of the current squad would get into the team of todays game ?

12 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Reruns a great thing to keep Saturdays in some sort of routine.

How many of the current squad would get into the team of todays game ?

McManus, Miller and Gomis and possibly Louis would also have Mutch in there with his form this season.

Edited by AL-FFC