The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

According to clyde any clubs abstaining is counted as a no, they reckon the club that hadnt voted yet in the championship was ICT which brought about them more or less condemning them, but it was pointed out it the 5 o clock wasnt a deadline as such they just asked for votes to be in by then.

Listened to Keevins for a bit tonight before turning it off and he was basically making out any clubs voting against the resolution should be ashamed and that voting no was risking clubs survival and it was more than just football it was peoples lives.

Deadwood like Keevins should go-well past their sell by date

5 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

The fact Dundee voted no and then there was a technical question mark over it seems odd. They are now taking the weekend to reconsider their stance. The question must be asked, what has happened that has made them question their original decision ?
Also, because of the shambolic way this vote has worked, the full of Scottish football now all has eyes on Dundee.

Stick to your guns Dee

29 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

This comes down to a top league that won't reconstruct, 4 old firm games for tv and 4 (or 3) visits from them to every other club, so they won't change out of greed but expect us and the championship to think of the smaller teams. The 2 team (guess who they are) tail wagging the dog again.

As if this is something new?

since the ugly sisters got their way over keeping home gate money in the mid 1980’s no them out with the OF have been champions, they complain about it being a crap league but it’s exactly what they made it.

No matter how much they get out of it it’s never enough and it’s always someone else’s fault.

Edited by Scottydog

Not seen all the papers yet, but early editions suggesting that Dundee will u turn, more of a concern is that SPFL now saying there’s a May end date for the voting, is it me or is that a threat to ensure they get the yes vote over line ?
The voting surely will end when the last vote is received. The May thing is just the latest in the shambolic running of the whole thing.

This thing is peak Scottish football right down to an individual club chiselling their own deal past the "deadline". Brutal.

21 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

As if this is something new?

since the ugly sisters got their way over keeping home gate money in the mid 1980’s no them out with the OF have been champions, they complain about it being a crap league but it’s exactly what they made it.

No matter how much they get out of it it’s never enough and it’s always someone else’s fault.

The clubs outside the top flight  aren't blameless either.  We allow the top flight to cause conflict amongst ourselves so that we're too busy fighting to put together a united front of 30 clubs against the 12.  This vote is the perfect case of that.  By forcing clubs to vote on this one proposal if they wanted to survive it puts small club up against small club whilst the top flight ensure that the vote allows them to do anything they want at a future point in time.  As one person pointed out the fact that aberdeen were persuaded to vote yes by telling them that if this vote went through premier league clubs would still be able to decide amongst themselves about how their league ends means they would still have the option to void their season leaving nowhere for dundee united to go. One rule for them another for the rest of us. I presume that top flight clubs wont be getting any more prize money till they finalise this at some point after the UEFA meeting or the whole thing would be even more ludicrous.

22 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The clubs outside the top flight  aren't blameless either.  We allow the top flight to cause conflict amongst ourselves so that we're too busy fighting to put together a united front of 30 clubs against the 12.  This vote is the perfect case of that.  By forcing clubs to vote on this one proposal if they wanted to survive it puts small club up against small club whilst the top flight ensure that the vote allows them to do anything they want at a future point in time.  As one person pointed out the fact that aberdeen were persuaded to vote yes by telling them that if this vote went through premier league clubs would still be able to decide amongst themselves about how their league ends means they would still have the option to void their season leaving nowhere for dundee united to go. One rule for them another for the rest of us. I presume that top flight clubs wont be getting any more prize money till they finalise this at some point after the UEFA meeting or the whole thing would be even more ludicrous.

This in spades. Stick together, tell them to F*ck off. 

We had another great chance to get reconstruction and a more equitable distribution of funds but no, its grab the money and run.

I'm that pissed off that all I can think about is boycott, boycott, boycott, don't want the other teams in League 1 who voted "yes" getting a single brass farthing off any Falkirk fan.

We (championship downward) get all we deserve really.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Surely if there is any evidence at all of bullying and/or bribery by Lawell then this won’t/can’t go through ??

It's a farce. You have discussions and a proposal is put forward. Clubs are asked to vote on that proposal.  Clubs go away and then vote. The vote result comes in if it's a yes things move on . If it's a no then and only then does further discussion take place.  It's also when you release the stats on how many voted for what.You dont have one team stuck in discussions  to see what kind of offer they get before they vote one way or the other ffs because they know they hold all the cards on whether this goes through or not. Its shocking.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's a farce. You have discussions and a proposal is put forward. Clubs are asked to vote on that proposal.  Clubs go away and then vote. The vote result comes in if it's a yes things move on . If it's a no then and only then does further discussion take place.  It's also when you release the stats on how many voted for what.You dont have one team stuck in discussions  to see what kind of offer they get before they vote one way or the other ffs because they know they hold all the cards on whether this goes through or not. Its shocking.

They’d have better just letting Lawell decide what’s happening and not bothering with this charade of a ‘fair’ vote.

He carries far to much power in Scottish football and ultimately he’s always going to put the interest of his own club first as that directly impacts what size his annual bonus is.

15 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This in spades. Stick together, tell them to F*ck off. 

We had another great chance to get reconstruction and a more equitable distribution of funds but no, its grab the money and run.

I'm that pissed off that all I can think about is boycott, boycott, boycott, don't want the other teams in League 1 who voted "yes" getting a single brass farthing off any Falkirk fan.

We (championship downward) get all we deserve really.

How on earth will League 1 cope without the Navy Blue pound?! 

Every club in this league voted in their own best interests, quite rightly. Calling to boycott other clubs because those interests don't align with your own clubs is probably the most embarrassing thing to come out of this saga, and that takes some beating. 

The £80k prize money for a mid table side may seem like peanuts to Falkirk, but it's absolutely essential to some clubs at this level. Even if you don't agree with their stance, calling for boycotts because they don't think like you do is Old Firm levels of delusion. 

Edited by CALDERON

5 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

How on earth will League 1 cope without the Navy Blue pound?! 

Every club in this league voted in their own best interests, quite rightly. Calling to boycott other clubs because those interests don't align with your own clubs is probably the most embarrassing thing to come out of this saga, and that takes some beating. 

The £80k prize money for a mid table side may seem like peanuts to Falkirk, but it's absolutely essential to some clubs at this level. Even if you don't agree with their stance, calling for boycotts because is Old Firm levels of delusion. 

I would reckon for most teams in league 1 the Navy Blue Pound is 25% of their gate receipts, hardly to be sneezed at.

Re: any boycott, it is voting with your feet (wallet) or whatever and every fan of every club has the right to do this. It also happens in "real life" too, you know? I loathe Trump so I now refuse to buy anything American as long as he is their president. American apples? Nope, French for me from now on. Heinz Ketchup? No thanks.  Schweppes Soda? No thanks, I buy local. Etc.

12 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I would reckon for most teams in league 1 the Navy Blue Pound is 25% of their gate receipts, hardly to be sneezed at.

Re: any boycott, it is voting with your feet (wallet) or whatever and every fan of every club has the right to do this. It also happens in "real life" too, you know? I loathe Trump so I now refuse to buy anything American as long as he is their president. American apples? Nope, French for me from now on. Heinz Ketchup? No thanks.  Schweppes Soda? No thanks, I buy local. Etc.

I never ever thought I would see League 1 clubs compared to Donald Trump, fair play. 

That figure looks a bit far fetched, and certainly not what we've seen at Raith Rovers, but I'll take your word for it. 

Edited by CALDERON

4 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

You come across as a decent level headed guy most of the time, but some of the posts are more styled to the bigot bro’s. Let’s make it very clear, there’s  not one Falkirk fan who wouldn’t have taken promotion with your current league placing if a vote was forced on us.

However fact is we are not topping the league with last quarter still to play. Ninety nine percent of all Falkirk fans are insisting that the way in which all the lower league clubs ( including yours) have been treated in all this nonsense is nothing short of appalling and despicable. Also let’s not forget about Partick and Stranraer and all teams that have budgeted for making the play offs.

As you rightly point out perhaps we are not in the position of some fellow clubs, with our cash position ( soon will be) and the need for immediate cash injection. I fully agree with you. For me this latest attempt to blackmail clubs has finally cut the skin of many supporters not only Falkirk, and although the word boycott has been used,

I suspect if this vote is pushed through there will be many fans choosing not to go to away games as a protest vote and I for one will be carefully choosing which “ Navy blue pound” I give to. As Ayr Chairman has not went public with “ sporting integrity comes second to the pound “ I think this is god enough for all fans. Let’s protect our own and not give two Fcks to anyone else..... by the way good luck with your promotion... 

I don't disagree this whole process has been a bit of a shit show. We will likely benefit from it, but it's certainly not been a fair process and it's ended up being even more of a shambles than first thought. 

I just think pro actively choosing to not attend away games based on how other clubs voted is crazy. These clubs are trying to save themselves, I can't blame any club for that and I don't see how anyone can. 

I don't think any club in this league has voted the way they have for any bad reasons. If you want to blame someone, it's the SPFL, not the clubs who are acting in their own interests. 

It really says it all about Scottish football that in the face of a crisis unprecedented since WW2, the idea of reconstruction can only be floated as a "let's maybe talk about doing it, not till next year though".

The only indication you will ever need that reconstruction is a no-go is that it's not happening now when it's an absolute no brainer of a time to do it.

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I don't disagree this whole process has been a bit of a shit show. We will likely benefit from it, but it's certainly not been a fair process and it's ended up being even more of a shambles than first thought. 

I just think pro actively choosing to not attend away games based on how other clubs voted is crazy. These clubs are trying to save themselves, I can't blame any club for that and I don't see how anyone can. 

I don't think any club in this league has voted the way they have for any bad reasons. If you want to blame someone, it's the SPFL, not the clubs who are acting in their own interests. 

We all disagree on various way fans/clubs have behaved during this time.

You don’t like that some fans are talking about boycotting however fans are consumers and have every right to choose where to spend their hard earned cash, especially during tough times.

I’ve already said I didn’t think it was appropriate for Andy Mill to set up a ‘Just Giving’ page to ask for money from fans during a period when a lot of those fans are on 80% of their basic salaries and some will already have lost jobs or be at risk. However some fans chose to spend their hard earned cash on this, which like boycotting, is their choice how they spend their money.

We all make our own choices and we won’t all agree with everyone elses.

14 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

We should've got together as 30 clubs and said feck this we're not screwing any of our own over. Come back in two days with a proposal that first and foremost releases all the prize money and ends the season nothing else Then we look at creatng a proposal amongst the 30  that promotes the 3 league leaders and reduces the impact on any club this adversely affects.  This to have a deadline by the end of may.  

Edited by Shadwell Dog

We should've got together as 30 clubs and said feck this we're not screwing any of our own over. Come back in two days with a proposal that first and foremost releases all the prize money and ends the season nothing else Then we look at creatng a proposal amongst the 30  that promotes the 3 league leaders and reduces the impact on any club this adversely affects.  This to have a deadline by the end of may.  

You are forgetting that lower league clubs were scrambling to join the SPFL a few years ago for the financial incentives. That’s turned out well then....
The point is that the whole process was corrupt before and it is now. And all 42 clubs are part of that situation......