The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The only team with a game in hand is St Johnstone, and that's at Ibrox. Being confirmed in the top six is hardly as much of a big deal if the games aren't actually being played - they're not going to see the bigger away crowds which are one of the main benefits. They're also giving up a semi-realistic chance of qualifying for Europe - they're only 6/7 points behind Aberdeen and Motherwell, both of whom were in poor form before we stopped.

They're quite happy to take the cash as their chairman stated their desperate for it. 

Prize money for placings through all the leagues:

Ladbrokes Premiership
1st - 13.40% - £3,350,000 
2nd - 9.60% - £2,400,000 
3rd - 8.25% - £2,062,500 
4th - 7.25% - £1,812,500 
5th - 6.75% - £1,687,500 
6th - 6.25% - £1,562,500 
7th - 5.75% - £1,437,500 
8th - 5.50% - £1,375,000 
9th - 5.25% - £1,312,500 
10th -5.00% - £1,250,000 
11th - 4.75% - £1,187,500 
12th - 4.50% - £1,125,000 

Ladbrokes Championship
1st - 2.25% - £562,500 
2nd - 1.90% - £475,000 
3rd - 1.60% - £400,000 
4th - 1.30% - £325,000 
5th - 1.00% - £250,000 
6th - 0.90% - £225,000 
7th - 0.85% - £212,500 
8th - 0.80% - £200,000 
9th - 0.75% - £187,500 
10th - 0.70% - £175,000 

Ladbrokes League 1    
1st - 0.50% - £125,000 
2nd - 0.43% - £107,500 
3rd - 0.35% - £87,500 
4th - 0.34% - £85,000 
5th - 0.33% - £82,500 
6th - 0.32% - £80,000 
7th - 0.31% - £77,500 
8th - 0.30% - £75,000 
9th - 0.29% - £72,500 
10th - 0.28% - £70,000 

Ladbrokes League 2    
1st - 0.27% - £67,500 
2nd - 0.26% - £65,000 
3rd - 0.25% - £62,500 
4th - 0.24% - £60,000 
5th - 0.23% - £57,500 
6th - 0.22% - £55,000 
7th - 0.21% - £52,500 
8th - 0.20% - £50,000 
9th - 0.19% - £47,500 
10th - 0.18% - £45,000

13 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

That is actually quite a gulf between the leagues when you look at the prize money 

About what 80 odd percent of the money goes to 12 teams. And then they wonder why scottish football is such a shambles.  The self preservation league is alive and well still.

I mean a team moving from championship to the premiership receiving roughly 600k less than the team at the bottom of the league how can you field a premiership team with that as prize money but then you get the scraps of having the OF visit you 2-4 times a season.

Notice how its vote on ending the season and then we MIGHT talk reconstruction if its whats been leaked already then no thanks 

6 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I mean a team moving from championship to the premiership receiving roughly 600k less than the team at the bottom of the league how can you field a premiership team with that as prize money but then you get the scraps of having the OF visit you 2-4 times a season.

Notice how its vote on ending the season and then we MIGHT talk reconstruction if its whats been leaked already then no thanks 

Might means basically no.

56 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Might means basically no.

But we still want you to vote the waay we want you to, i mean honestly what sort of organisation gives a Turkey a vote on christmas i mean course Raith and Celtic and Dundee Utd are going to vote for it , See the raith chairmen says he will feel hard done by if they arent awarded the title as they have been top for 21 out of 28 weeks, thing is they can just as much finish fourth as they can first

11 hours ago, third lanark said:

Would your boycott include Partick Thistle?

Probably not, assuming that Thistle also voted "No". And taking things further, say Montrose and Stranraer vote "No" and Airdrie, Forfar, East Fife, Peterhead, Clyde and Dumbarton voted "Yes", then maybe we don't boycott Montrose and Stranraer either. Is it a secret ballot or an open ballot, anybody know?

The last few pages show what's wrong, not just with Scottish football but English and European as well (you could say society but I'm not that philosophical) look at the prize money split, look at how the European money helps the biggest clubs and look at this vote with teams like livy (unsurprisingly) no-one is voting for the good of the game, no-one is voting for what's the best long term solutions, it's all short term, greed and self interest first. 

The last few pages show what's wrong, not just with Scottish football but English and European as well (you could say society but I'm not that philosophical) look at the prize money split, look at how the European money helps the biggest clubs and look at this vote with teams like livy (unsurprisingly) no-one is voting for the good of the game, no-one is voting for what's the best long term solutions, it's all short term, greed and self interest first. 

We are voting to ensure teams don’t go bankrupt and fold - what planet are you on. RAY McKinnon should have had you boys 5-10 points clear easily by now with the budget you had. Bitter people you lot are I must say

The voice of reason.

Its partly a voice of reason, but being shite doesnt mean we should eat our cereal and vote through a shite proposal. Maybe Ray McKinnon, or Miller and McCracken would have did some thing differently if he though the season was ending in March?

We are voting to ensure teams don’t go bankrupt and fold - what planet are you on. RAY McKinnon should have had you boys 5-10 points clear easily by now with the budget you had. Bitter people you lot are I must say

Shite. You are voting to go up. This isnt the only way to get money to teams, it's the only way being voted on currently. That doesnt mean it's all or nothing and you have to vote it through. At least be honest with yourself.

It absolutely is our fault we are not top of the league. It's still a load of bollocks though and a big f**k you to the lower leagues of the Scottish game, and voting against it is the correct call.

There's never going to be a solution to please everyone, but speaking as a Rovers fan, I don't think the proposal on the table is fair, given the gap between us and the remaining fixtures. 

Voiding the season after more than 75% of the games have been played would be even more unfair. 

Much as I'd love to see Hearts and Ian McCall suffer a sair ane, the least bad solution is to promote two teams from each league, no relegation, bring Kelty and Brora into league two, then have one up three down in each league next season to redress the balance. 

1 hour ago, inreganhendrywetrust said:

If that was the case we would be voting on money and feck all else. The most important thing is cash for clubs that are struggling like your mob but under the current proposal your wanting us to vote to save you because you've spent all your cash on your team and shaft ourselves who are well run financially and have money in the bank to get us through situations like this without having to get begging bowls out after a weeks inactivity.The clubs should be agreeing to pay clubs money just now and then the promotion relegation stuff can be argued over the next few weeks. I'm sure as a gesture of good will we would be quite willing for you to get the extra 8k that is the difference in prize money between first and second since you guys seem so desperate for cash.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

13 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The Falkirk board statement is an absolute embarrassment btw. It essentially says "we'll vote for it if you put us up".

We aren't an easy club to like if you look at it dispassionately. 

We're just being honest mate in saying we're not voting for something that is going to shaft us. I prefer that to the complete bull coming out of the likes of raith and queens who are trying to pretend they are doing it for the good of scottish football when that clearly has feck all to do with it. Clubs are wanting us to save them financially by voting yes whilst screwing ourselves over. Eh no thanks if you want us to vote yes you need to give us something in return is all we are saying.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

We're just being honest mate in saying we're not voting for something that is going to shaft us. I prefer that to the complete bull coming out of the likes of raith and queens who are trying to pretend they are doing it for the good of scottish football when that clearly has feck all to do with it. Clubs are wanting us to save them financially by voting yes whilst screwing ourselves over. Eh no thanks if you want us to vote yes you need to give us something in return is all we are saying.

Had your chance to be top - fluffed it and now holding everybody back! Bravo bravo