The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I enjoy away games but would consider this. 

Imagine letting the clubs vote on who gets promoted and relegated.

Even for Scottish football this shows an incredible lack of sporting integrity.

Brechin are the worst team in the country and they are being rewarded for just that. Madness.

If you want to know why brechin are being rewarded have a look at who the league one and two spfl rep is who was one of the people behind this idea and it'll become clear. You couldnae make it up.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

If your team were sitting top of the league at the moment would you and your BOD be against it answer is no. Your pissed because for the 2nd season in a row your team have under performed. With your budget you should be well clear but instead for the great majority of the season you have been behind Raith. Your team have also failed in 4 attempts to beat Raith 3 in the league and getting thumped in the cup. 

25 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

If your team were sitting top of the league at the moment would you and your BOD be against it answer is no. Your pissed because for the 2nd season in a row your team have under performed. With your budget you should be well clear but instead for the great majority of the season you have been behind Raith. Your team have also failed in 4 attempts to beat Raith 3 in the league and getting thumped in the cup. 

I'd be dead against it as one it wouldnt be fair on raith or partick plus  two, clubs are getting blackmailed into this through the idea it's the only way they can get prize money which is rubbish and some mythical idea that league reconstruction may happen. Smaller clubs have a chance here to leverage for proper reconstruction if they stand up to the spfl  bullying them into accepting this deal.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Football is won on the pitch, not in any boardroom or budgets. Just because we should be 10 points clear or more because of our budget, fan base whatever you want to say doesn’t mean it’s right that would should just accept this. Titles are won in May, not March/April.
Just because we have a far superior budget than anyone else did not mean we’d piss this league and if you thought we were then you’re delusional. That comes down to hard work and endeavour and you can’t buy that IMO.

Typical of our governing body to attempt to come to some conclusion minus the top league, you really couldn't write that.

Ok Dundee Utd, you can vote end season now but you might not go up as we can make the rules up as we go along as we have in the past.

I said weeks ago, there is no easy answer now but ending it as of now only causes more mess.

We are quite early for announcing that games can't be played in time, the English league's haven't suggested that it won't be complete, so how can we suggest it can't, considering the virus hasn't hurt us as bad as England. We are and always will run our game like a pishy social club.

I'd guess Airdrie, East Fife and Montrose would join in regarding our displeasure if it ended now.

There is not a hope in hello that our league fixtures will be completed before player contracts have ended. Experts are saying at least another 10 days before we hit our peak. You would then be talking about another month of isolation before players can get together and train again. Then they will require a pre season of at least 2 weeks to get up to speed. That takes us to 3nd of May. Unless you play a game a day it ain't getting finished. I also cant see how teams can be expected to finish this campaign at the start of the next campaign. Teams will be changed. Then you have a scenario of teams signing players for league 1 football but getting promoted or Visa versa signing players for a championship budget and being relegated or not promoted. Only 2 scenarios are promote and relegate or promote top 2 and no relegation. Either way a decision needs to be made sooner rather than later to safe guard several clubs financially.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Typical of our governing body to attempt to come to some conclusion minus the top league, you really couldn't write that.

Ok Dundee Utd, you can vote end season now but you might not go up as we can make the rules up as we go along as we have in the past.

I said weeks ago, there is no easy answer now but ending it as of now only causes more mess.

We are quite early for announcing that games can't be played in time, the English league's haven't suggested that it won't be complete, so how can we suggest it can't, considering the virus hasn't hurt us as bad as England. We are and always will run our game like a pishy social club.

I'd guess Airdrie, East Fife and Montrose would join in regarding our displeasure if it ended now.

They've literally said in the proposal that Dundee United will be promoted - why would you think they won't be?

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They've literally said in the proposal that Dundee United will be promoted - why would you think they won't be?

They haven't included the top league in the group chat regarding the scenario.

They have history of saying one thing and doing another in a short space of time.

It's bewildering to have talks and not include the top league, really shows up what they have done to Scottish football and made it a bigger joke year on year on.

If we get screwed over yet again, and we are stuck in this league for another year, then we really have to boycott all the away games and boycott must mean boycott, to the extent that FFC don't take up their allocation of away tickets for any game. If we did boycott, we will probably be replaced as the cash cow in this league by Partick Thistle, but at least we don't have to give the other clubs 4 bumper home gates. (maybe we should have a word in Partick Thistle and their supporters clubs ear too?).

Look at these stats: Clyde's total home attendances so far total 13,240, 3,832 (or 28.55%) coming from the 2 Falkirk games. OK, the figures are a bit skewed in that they have only had one home game each from Airdrie and Raith Rovers.

So let us take a look at Airdrie's home attendances: A total of 16,913, (they have had 2 home games each from Clyde, Raith Rovers and ourselves). Our 2 games generated a total attendance of 4,418 or 26.12% of Airdrie's home gates.

Sure, the Coronavirus is a nightmare and the subject of football isn't all that important at the moment but it doesn't mean that i can't vent my spleen on this matter.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/clyde/attendances

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/airdrieonians/attendances

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/raith-rovers/attendances

I know, crowdw*nk, but i'm pissed off.

Good for you but the vast majority of clubs would not. Particularly when it is perfectly obvious to everyone including the tiny handful of aggrieved parties here that lower league football will not be resuming any time in the near future and so clinging on to a set of outstanding fixtures would simply f**k over next season's schedule as well. All of which is compounded by the distinct possibility that the coronavirus comes round again for a second swipe in autumn/winter and shuts down football for another period of time.
Most clubs are quite sensibly looking to a draw a line under this mess in a way that allows them to survive now and plan for the future with a reasonable degree of certainty, which is why this proposal is on the table.

What happens when fans say. "I bought a season ticket to watch 18 home games. I have only seen 78% though so I want my cash back"

Be a big number for a lot of clubs

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

What happens when fans say. "I bought a season ticket to watch 18 home games. I have only seen 78% though so I want my cash back"

Be a big number for a lot of clubs

Those fans would be absolute morons if they wanted to harm their club like that. 

14 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

If we get screwed over yet again, and we are stuck in this league for another year, then we really have to boycott all the away games and boycott must mean boycott, to the extent that FFC don't take up their allocation of away tickets for any game. If we did boycott, we will probably be replaced as the cash cow in this league by Partick Thistle, but at least we don't have to give the other clubs 4 bumper home gates. (maybe we should have a word in Partick Thistle and their supporters clubs ear too?).

Look at these stats: Clyde's total home attendances so far total 13,240, 3,832 (or 28.55%) coming from the 2 Falkirk games. OK, the figures are a bit skewed in that they have only had one home game each from Airdrie and Raith Rovers.

So let us take a look at Airdrie's home attendances: A total of 16,913, (they have had 2 home games each from Clyde, Raith Rovers and ourselves). Our 2 games generated a total attendance of 4,418 or 26.12% of Airdrie's home gates.

Sure, the Coronavirus is a nightmare and the subject of football isn't all that important at the moment but it doesn't mean that i can't vent my spleen on this matter.

Why would you boycott other clubs for doing what they think is best for them?

This vote would be incredibly unfair in Falkirk if it went through, but that's the type of chat I'd expect from Old Firm fans. 

The clubs in this league will be absolutely fine, with or without Falkirks away support. 

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:
8 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
I enjoy away games but would consider this. 
Imagine letting the clubs vote on who gets promoted and relegated.
Even for Scottish football this shows an incredible lack of sporting integrity.
Brechin are the worst team in the country and they are being rewarded for just that. Madness.

Brechin are not "being rewarded". They're not being punished, sure, but that's not the same thing.

Bollocks mate. Ken Ferguson is rewarding Brechin because he’s in a position to do so.

Its appalling.

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

But it is ok for the league to?

The league aren't asking for a full refund on a seasons worth of season ticket income. 

In any case its in the SPFL regulations that the season is complete when they so, and I would imagine most clubs would have some kind of mechanism within the small print leaving refunds for these things at their discretion. Don't think any fan stupid enough to demand a refund would have much chance. 

Edited by CALDERON

6 hours ago, raith1974 said:

There is not a hope in hello that our league fixtures will be completed before player contracts have ended. Experts are saying at least another 10 days before we hit our peak. You would then be talking about another month of isolation before players can get together and train again. Then they will require a pre season of at least 2 weeks to get up to speed. That takes us to 3nd of May. Unless you play a game a day it ain't getting finished. I also cant see how teams can be expected to finish this campaign at the start of the next campaign. Teams will be changed. Then you have a scenario of teams signing players for league 1 football but getting promoted or Visa versa signing players for a championship budget and being relegated or not promoted. Only 2 scenarios are promote and relegate or promote top 2 and no relegation. Either way a decision needs to be made sooner rather than later to safe guard several clubs financially.

There will be no football for months. I'd be surprised if we see any this year to be honest especially as as you say the players will need pre seasons again.  No way social distancing will be over in a month and God knows when large crowds will be allowed again. There must be question mark's over whether the 20/21 will happen at all especially if it needs completed by the summer of 21 for the euros. Easier to have a 3rd transfer window for this season and play it to a finish from early next year and then start afresh with the 21/22 season.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I doubt you'll need a boycott. Lot of fans will have had enough if this happens. I'm thinking about starting to watch the juniors if this pish goes through. Others will find other things to do on a saturday than pay to watch football where they can suddenly decide promotion and relegation are based on a random weekend in march and a vote.  Can see a good few saying nah not for me any more.

8 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Imagine using a meaningless caramel wafer cup fixture to try back up your argument lol. 

The boy’s right that we shouldn’t be in this position considering the budget we have, regardless it’s not really relevant.

But considering how desperate the Raith chairman came across on Sky Sports News a few weeks back, I’m not surprised it’s being reflected within some of the supporters.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I doubt you'll need a boycott. Lot of fans will have had enough if this happens. I'm thinking about starting to watch the juniors if this pish goes through. Others will find other things to do on a saturday than pay to watch football where they can suddenly decide promotion and relegation are based on a random weekend in march and a vote.  Can see a good few saying nah not for me any more.

Pretty much this. My interest in football has been drifting for about 3 seasons with the absolute mess our board have turned us into.

This season has been literally the most boring, uninteresting, dreadful season I’ve sat through since beginning in 2002/03.

The thought of sitting through that all again because the winner was picked at a random stage in the season - don’t think I could be arsed.