The Falkirk FC Thread

Well fook me. 5 signings in one day!

Peter Houston rounded off a busy seven days by confirming five new additions to the Falkirk squad for the coming season.

Player-coach Alan Maybury has finalised his move to the Bairns after a stint at Hibernian last season and also coming in is ex-Hearts goalkeeper Jamie McDonald on a one-year deal after a committed chase by the new Falkirk boss. Houston told the Official site, “ I rate Jamie highly and it was a case of convincing him of our goals and aspirations this season. I was delighted when he chose to join us despite a lot of competition.”

Joining him in defence will be young Peter Grant, son of the former Celtic midfielder. Peter was at Norwich as a trainee and also spent time at on loan at Peterborough.

Falkirk’s midfield will be bolstered by the arrival of ex-Carlisle and Hibernian player Tom Taiwo. Taiwo was a highly rated youngster with Chelsea and Leeds United and he is another who Houston is pleased to acquire on a 2-year-deal. Houston added, “Tom will add a bit of dig and experience to our midfield.”

Former Ross County winger, Alex Cooper, has impressed in his trial stint this week and he has signed a 2-year-deal, another who Falkirk’s Head Coach rates highly. “Alex is very fast and has a great left foot. He will bring us a range of options in our game-plan this coming season.”

Houston confirmed he is still evaluating the current staff and anybody he now brings in must be of a higher quality than he has already

Bowman any good? We're in need of a keeper.

He has never put a foot wrong when called upon in the 1st team. Obviously was rarely used with McGovern as number 1. Someone who watches the Under-20s might give you a better idea though.

Best penalty saving keeper I've seen, pretty good all round keeper. Seen him flap a few crosses, also seen him wiping out a full defence to get to the ball which I like. He has some kick out on him also.

I think he could be a good keeper if given a chance.

He was one of the best players in the 20's last year and has come leaps and bounds. Technically he's fantastic and probably more so than a lot of the players. Needs first team football now however.

The negativity about him probably won't go away with regards to an incident that happened years ago. That's unfortunate but he's learned from his mistake and has became a better individual.

Taiwo is a pretty good replacement for Millar. Less dynamic, he holds his position and is a really tidy passer. He began to burst forward a bit more and scored a good box-to-box goal against County last season.

Happy for Cooper to have signed, I hope he proves himself.

Jamie MacDonald
Graeme Bowman

Kieran Duffie
Alan Maybury ( Player/coach)
Will Vaulks
David McCracken
Peter Grant
Liam Dick
Ryan Mcgeever

Tom Taiwo
Olu
Mcgrandles