The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Whether I’ve picked up incorrect or bullshit information on the two end stands, I was under the impression that we were paying back a mortgage to SA and not renting, can this be clarified and/or confirmed.

I thought we were paying it up too m8. Surely there must be some sort of end game with this.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Brilliant start to another boring week watching that 3-0 win over Airdrie.

Cant believe we’re talking 30years ago.

Great crowd, great atmosphere and I love their cricket pavilion stand.

Those were the days.

My first season supporting the club - probably set my benchmark way to high! 

One question, what was the general view on Derek McWilliams? Good stats, integral part of a great squad and that dribble and long range shot in the Airdrie game was excellent. Could he have competed at a higher level? (I see him occasionally working as a postman as I drive to work).

3 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

One question, what was the general view on Derek McWilliams? Good stats, integral part of a great squad and that dribble and long range shot in the Airdrie game was excellent. Could he have competed at a higher level? (I see him occasionally working as a postman as I drive to work).

Think McWilliams was a bit like Scott McKenzie like often overlooked and under rated.

Just remembered how much i hated that big eared b_stard Andy Smith after watching that Airdrie game.

Edited by AL-FFC

2 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

One of my favourite all time bairns. Guy had everything. Pace, ability and could dig in when needed too. He'd be playing regularly in a top 6 side in the premier these days. Top player.

28 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

One of my favourite all time bairns. Guy had everything. Pace, ability and could dig in when needed too. He'd be playing regularly in a top 6 side in the premier these days. Top player.

That’s what I thought. Surely a case to put him on the left of an all-time X1 (at least the last 30-40 years).

There must be a good explanation but why on earth did he leave us, to go to our biggest rivals, when we had just won the league?!

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven
More to say

42 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I thought we were paying it up too m8. Surely there must be some sort of end game with this.

From what I can ascertain from the website and company check sites. The Stadium and all facilities are owned by Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd. People or organisations that funded  certain infrastructure do not own it. The funding of the 3rd stand for example is an arrangement with the Stadium company, whether that is a soft loan or a share in the company would require clarification. As for stadium valuation,it was posted that the council value it at 10 million. Something is only worth what somebody is willing to pay. If FFC move out and rent infrastructure to cope with crowds on a game to game basis. Then instead of the stadium being a money pit for the council and starts to be a drain on resources. They will want shot of it and value it accordingly.

9 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I’m assuming that if we are paying rent, this was the best deal for the club ? not knowing the facts it seems we are top heavy with costs before a football is kicked. Makes sense that although we have a great intake of STs and crowds year after year, our budget for players now matches teams  ie RR Ayr ?

It’s the best deal for Sandy Superfan Alexander. 

As far as I was aware falkirk own all football bits.  So north stand , west stand seating, pitch etc. South stand is owned by sandy alexander and club are either paying up or renting from him.  Council own the rest.

Quick history of the ground here.

https://www.triposo.com/poi/W__44676925

Edited by Shadwell Dog

38 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

That’s what I thought. Surely a case to put him on the left of an all-time X1 (at least the last 30-40 years).

There must be a good explanation but why on earth did he leave us, to go to our biggest rivals, when we had just won the league?!

Think it was a wages thing. Dunfermline offered him a better contract.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

As far as I was aware falkirk own all football bits.  So north stand , west stand seating, pitch etc. South stand is owned by sandy alexander and club are either paying up or renting from him.  Council own the rest.

Quick history of the ground here.

https://www.triposo.com/poi/W__44676925

Hi Shadwell. According to company check and the website this is not the case.

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Hi Shadwell. According to company check and the website this is not the case.

It's certainly what we were all told at the time including the press releases so somones been telling porkies otherwise. Looking at the falkirk stadium website  FCSL owned by the council only covers the stuff I would expect. ie all non football areas.  I cant see anywhere it says they own the pitch and seating etc.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's certainly what we were all told at the time including the press releases so somones been telling porkies otherwise. Looking at the falkirk stadium website  FCSL owned by the council only covers the stuff I would expect. ie all non football areas.  I cant see anywhere it says they own the pitch and seating etc.

It is a maze that's for sure. It comes down what is interpreted as part of a stadium. Stadium- definition- Sports arena surrounded by an area for spectators. To me that is the surface where the sport is preformed and the infrastructure where the spectators congregate to watch. Get you point though ! where it does not say they own pitch and seating but on the other hand it does not say they don't, they could just be taking the stadium dictionary definition stating the obvious.  Can't see the stadium company building a grandstand but for some reason not owning the seating that was the point of building it in the first place. Maybe what they are referring to is a 3rd party leasing a certain stand who then operate it as a franchise. It is a contrived complicated mess that is open to interpretation with no clarity at all.

What we can agree on is that the current FFC arrangement with the community stadium is not in the long term interest of the football club. As we are nothing more than a never emptying honey pot for the council.

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It is a maze that's for sure. It comes down what is interpreted as part of a stadium. Stadium- definition- Sports arena surrounded by an area for spectators. To me that is the surface where the sport is preformed and the infrastructure where the spectators congregate to watch. Get you point though ! where it does not say they own pitch and seating but on the other hand it does not say they don't, they could just be taking the stadium dictionary definition stating the obvious.  Can't see the stadium company building a grandstand but for some reason not owning the seating that was the point of building it in the first place. Maybe what they are referring to is a 3rd party leasing a certain stand who then operate it as a franchise. It is a contrived complicated mess that is open to interpretation with no clarity at all.

What we can agree on is that the current FFC arrangement with the community stadium is not in the long term interest of the football club. As we are nothing more than a never emptying honey pot for the council.

Way I took it was the council own fcsl. They run the revenue raising parts of the stadium. Cafe, offices, function hire suites etc. Ffc though own the football bits. Everything in the stands facing the pitch, the pitch, north stand etc and area where the 4th stand can be built. You are right though. The fact we cant make money out with match days is not good for the club at all.

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

I’m assuming that if we are paying rent, this was the best deal for the club ? not knowing the facts it seems we are top heavy with costs before a football is kicked. Makes sense that although we have a great intake of STs and crowds year after year, our budget for players now matches teams  ie RR Ayr ?

Our budget still outstrips rr and ayr  by some margin but it defo means we are not seeing the advantage we should when up against the liked of accies, st Johnstone and livi etc.

11 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Someone needs to bring this up at the next AGM or meeting of shareholders.

In advance of the meeting we should ask for a full explanation of the situation along with a presentation.

Time everyone was entirely clear about this.

Aye but the last time they had a vote of no confidence in them the turkeys decided to vote on no having christmas so even though everyone in that room apart from the board had no confidence in them, because they held/hold the majority shares they were in there own narcissistic views perfectly capable at running the club even though it was blatantly obvious to everyone bar them they werent.

right i havea random question. 

in the 90/91 season we played luton banik ostrava and Southampton in friendlies.  players like le tissier,  moravcik, miklosko,shearer etc.

who was it that hit the bar with a screamer from Bout 30 yards? 

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Not a shareholder or legal expert, but what is the mechanism for change based on current scenario. Do shareholders get a full P&L balance sheet sent annually or a watered down without detail ? 

Shareholders get the very minimum allowed by law.

However, Gary pledged to provide more information in future.

Time will tell.