Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

It will still be closed doors I'd bet but no scenario sits right apart from making sure the season ends as intended. Contracts etc a complete mystery and massive hurdle for all clubs. Specially at the lower levels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Please read what I said to BoA.

I am in the front line so what you are saying is nonsense.

You seem to refuse to look at anything other than the perceived wisdom.

What you are saying is verging on insanity.

Your argument is essentially, 'some people are going to die anyway, we are just as well going about our business.'

You don't seem to be connecting that dots at all.

When you say 'At the end of the day, I just don’t think it’s worth trashing our way of life to save a few lives', you don't seem aware that if we 'do not trash our way of life' then the 'few lives' that you don't give a shit about, will be tens of thousands of lives.

The whole point of the emergency measures is to keep the death toll as low as possible.

If we followed your opinion the death toll would be horrendous.

People are just shocked at your callousness, even if it was 'just a few deaths', you really should have chosen your words a lot more carefully.

For what it is worth, I sincerely hope you and all your loved ones are safe and do not suffer at all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It will still be closed doors I'd bet but no scenario sits right apart from making sure the season ends as intended. Contracts etc a complete mystery and massive hurdle for all clubs. Specially at the lower levels

Hope there’s a club statement very soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What you are saying is verging on insanity.
Your argument is essentially, 'some people are going to die anyway, we are just as well going about our business.'
You don't seem to be connecting that dots at all.
When you say 'At the end of the day, I just don’t think it’s worth trashing our way of life to save a few lives', you don't seem aware that if we 'do not trash our way of life' then the 'few lives' that you don't give a shit about, will be tens of thousands of lives.
The whole point of the emergency measures is to keep the death toll as low as possible.
If we followed your opinion the death toll would be horrendous.
People are just shocked at your callousness, even if it was 'just a few deaths', you really should have chosen your words a lot more carefully.
For what it is worth, I sincerely hope you and all your loved ones are safe and do not suffer at all.
 


He seems to think Russian Roulette with this thing is acceptable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Okay, here goes. I expect to get bucket loads of shit but there comes a time when, someone needs to speak up.

I was struck by a letter in Saturdays Telegraph by a 93 year old retired GP who stated that in the 50s and 60s nobody would have known anything about coronovirus and the uptick in flu and related deaths would have been put down to a ‘bad year’. There would have been no disruption to normal life, no stock market crash, no businesses going burst, no millions of redundancies. Basically life would have gone on with a higher than normal death rate.

Maybe I’m missing something, but the number of deaths don’t seem to be all that high.
I appreciate that the main reason for the restrictions is to alleviate the pressure on the NHS but surely we could bring in emergency premises.

I thought the idea of bringing in to service grounded planes to use their oxygen facilities is worth considering.

At the end of the day, I just don’t think it’s worth trashing our way of life to save a few lives.

I am 75.

^^^^^^^^
Bricking it incase the h*n rats die twice in his lifetime.

Edited by Relegator Ritchie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading the BBC spirts page:

The Scottish FA says it is "committed" to finishing the Scottish Cup and its preference is for the season as a whole to be completed.

Probably nothing but the wording “ preference “ worrying? Get that we’re in unprecedented times, and the dates questionable, but something more sinister behind the statement ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Reading the BBC spirts page:

The Scottish FA says it is "committed" to finishing the Scottish Cup and its preference is for the season as a whole to be completed.

Probably nothing but the wording “ preference “ worrying? Get that we’re in unprecedented times, and the dates questionable, but something more sinister behind the statement ?

Think it's the fact nobody has any idea what tommorow will look like, never mind June. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just can't see any football being played for at least 6 months now... Best option for me would be to confirm all current league leaders as champions and...

  • Promote all 2nd placed teams 
  • Promote Brora and Kelty
  • Scrap relegations 
  • Giving a 14,10,10,10

There's no right or wrong answer obviously but with football not being able to be played for months the above scenario would at least give some clarity and go someway to minimising the financial hit.

Could then revert back to 12,10,10,10 at some date way in the future...   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bula Bairn said:

I just can't see any football being played for at least 6 months now... Best option for me would be to confirm all current league leaders as champions and...

  • Promote all 2nd placed teams 
  • Promote Brora and Kelty
  • Scrap relegations 
  • Giving a 14,10,10,10

There's no right or wrong answer obviously but with football not being able to be played for months the above scenario would at least give some clarity and go someway to minimising the financial hit.

Could then revert back to 12,10,10,10 at some date way in the future...   

 

Thats what Partick Thistle proposed the Premiership has already stated they will not reconstruct the league and Hearts have already said that any moves to relegate them will be taken to court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Hearts have already said that any moves to relegate them will be taken to court.

Which, given the circumstances and what everyone is currently facing in day-to-day life, was a despicable statement from an utter desperado and a position of looking no further than the end of her nose. I sincerely hope our clowns aren't minded to come out with any such verbal diarrhoea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Thats what Partick Thistle proposed the Premiership has already stated they will not reconstruct the league and Hearts have already said that any moves to relegate them will be taken to court.

As posted a few times the self preservation society will never change the top league format until the Glasgow two move away  end of..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Which, given the circumstances and what everyone is currently facing in day-to-day life, was a despicable statement from an utter desperado and a position of looking no further than the end of her nose. I sincerely hope our clowns aren't minded to come out with any such verbal diarrhoea.

To be honest after what we have been through over the years in regards to promotion it basically shows how much of c**ts they actually are in that league and it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if they did keep Hearts in the top league. Celtic declared champions the rest of the leagues null and void  just to keep one side of the arsecheeks happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

To be honest after what we have been through over the years in regards to promotion it basically shows how much of c**ts they actually are in that league and it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if they did keep Hearts in the top league. Celtic declared champions the rest of the leagues null and void  just to keep one side of the arsecheeks happy.

Don’t think your far away, as the time limits discussed look like pie the sky at present, due to this horrendous Pandemic. Can already see the statement......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keeps the status quo happy and a giant FU to the rest of Scottish Football

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Season to be played to a finish by 30th June. Agreed by all football associations

If you look at any chart that the government has published in relation to slowing down the spread of the virus, it’s going to be around its peak in June.
Not a hope in hell of this happening unless there’s a change in strategy. Even then are footballers going to want to fulfil the games in the midst of infections?…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:


If you look at any chart that the government has published in relation to slowing down the spread of the virus, it’s going to be around its peak in June.
Not a hope in hell of this happening unless there’s a change in strategy. Even then are footballers going to want to fulfil the games in the midst of infections?…

Agree and posted earlier, so many unknowns with this virus, coupled with out of contract players, new players, players fitnesses, it just seems that the dates being put forward are simply not happening 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I thought the idea of bringing in to service grounded planes to use their oxygen facilities is worth considering.

 Nope, it’s a terrible idea. There are no “oxygen facilities” on planes worthy of the title. There is a small oxygen supply for the pilots, non-pressurized, so it’s useless for a person with a need for forced oxygen, plus it’s a quite limited supply. If you are talking about the emergency oxygen masks in the cabin, that’s even worse. Non-pressurized, exothermic oxygen generating canisters with a effective life of 13-22 minutes. Also, being exothermic, without the plane moving and providing cooling to the canisters (which quickly reach 260 degrees Celsius) you would likely set the aircraft on fire. The net capacity for a single B-737 would be about 18-20 hours of low pressure oxygen, with no delivery system and an aircraft turned into a puddle of melted aluminium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TxRover said:

 Nope, it’s a terrible idea. There are no “oxygen facilities” on planes worthy of the title. There is a small oxygen supply for the pilots, non-pressurized, so it’s useless for a person with a need for forced oxygen, plus it’s a quite limited supply. If you are talking about the emergency oxygen masks in the cabin, that’s even worse. Non-pressurized, exothermic oxygen generating canisters with a effective life of 13-22 minutes. Also, being exothermic, without the plane moving and providing cooling to the canisters (which quickly reach 260 degrees Celsius) you would likely set the aircraft on fire. The net capacity for a single B-737 would be about 18-20 hours of low pressure oxygen, with no delivery system and an aircraft turned into a puddle of melted aluminium.

Wow - great technical response.

Fair enough. Out of interest, with your knowledge do you have any ‘off the wall’ ideas which might prove helpful?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...