The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

No need to go to those lengths.

You can save the gas.

Just let them go about their normal lives rather than imprisoning them as is happening at the moment (I’m included) and as a consequence reducing their lifespan.

You’re an utter c**t. 

Thanks for all the responses.

Im no expert on this but neither should we put ourselves totally in the hands of ‘experts’.

Hopefully, some kind of vaccine or treatment will be found but all I am saying is that we cannot go on with lockdown for ever.

Some people on here speak as if they know it all. They don’t. They just spout what they read and what suits their prejudices.

I just hope that our politicians and leaders make the correct judgement calls as the time will come when we have to tolerate a certain amount of deaths in order to save the economy.

I have also learnt, from the BBC strange as it may seem, that some of the deaths classified as cv19 were really down to other factors but that the person had cv19. We therefore need better statistics including a full analysis of the age range, underlying illnesses and any other factors pertaining to the deceased. I think that may be one of the reasons why zGermany has a very low death rate.

Not very cheery stuff but we need to keep probing and asking questions.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

No need to go to those lengths.

You can save the gas.

Just let them go about their normal lives rather than imprisoning them as is happening at the moment (I’m included) and as a consequence reducing their lifespan.

So, if you get this thing then, would we be right to assume that you'll refuse any treatment and just go about your normal life? 

33 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Im no expert on this but neither should we put ourselves totally in the hands of ‘experts’.

You put yourself in the hands of experts every day.  

There are literally thousands of professions where you entrust your health and wealth into the hands of others, from the gas boiler installer whom you trust not to blow up your house to the airline pilot / train driver who you trust to get you safely to your destination.

Why?

Because an "expert", to use your term, has the knowledge, training, qualifications and experience to do their job. 

To question their conclusions you need to have a skillset comparable to theirs.

After all, nobody would take an accountant seriously if he told an RAF fighter pilot he was doing it wrong.

Actually, nobody should take accountants seriously full stop because they're all such selfish b**trds, but I'm digressing a little. 

What personal knowledge do you have in the field to question these "experts"?

7 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

You put yourself in the hands of experts every day.  

There are literally thousands of professions where you entrust your health and wealth into the hands of others, from the gas boiler installer whom you trust not to blow up your house to the airline pilot / train driver who you trust to get you safely to your destination.

Why?

Because an "expert", to use your term, has the knowledge, training, qualifications and experience to do their job. 

To question their conclusions you need to have a skillset comparable to theirs.

After all, nobody would take an accountant seriously if he told an RAF fighter pilot he was doing it wrong.

Actually, nobody should take accountants seriously full stop because they're all such selfish b**trds, but I'm digressing a little. 

What personal knowledge do you have in the field to question these "experts"?

Experts always need to be challenged where possible.

Examples

Neil Ferguson persuaded the government to slaughter millions of cattle, pigs and sheep during the foot and mouth epidemic.

Later proved wrong.

95 % of economists said that UK should join the euro. It would have been disastrous losing the means to control currency through interest rates. Thanks to Brown we averted this disaster.

Experts predicted that we would lose a million jobs after a VOTE for Brexit. The opposite happened.

Experts are essential to our way of life but always need to be challenged.

In this crisis, medics and scientists will want the government to do everything to eradicate the disease but a PM must balance this against the needs of society in terms of economic well being.

You, I think you are a photographer, and I would guess you want to see lots of pictures in your paper. However, your editor must judge the balance between script and picture for the wellbeing of the paper.

Am I making sense?

17 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Experts always need to be challenged where possible.

Examples

Neil Ferguson persuaded the government to slaughter millions of cattle, pigs and sheep during the foot and mouth epidemic.

Later proved wrong.

95 % of economists said that UK should join the euro. It would have been disastrous losing the means to control currency through interest rates. Thanks to Brown we averted this disaster.

Experts predicted that we would lose a million jobs after a VOTE for Brexit. The opposite happened.

Experts are essential to our way of life but always need to be challenged.

In this crisis, medics and scientists will want the government to do everything to eradicate the disease but a PM must balance this against the needs of society in terms of economic well being.

You, I think you are a photographer, and I would guess you want to see lots of pictures in your paper. However, your editor must judge the balance between script and picture for the wellbeing of the paper.

Am I making sense?

No.

The idea that experts should always be challenged is Thatcherite bullshit. There are times and places where an expert or experts should be questioned about opinions and decisions, and they aren’t limited by some propriety or rule....however, it is increasingly clear that the experts got this warning right and several locations waited too long to listen. Your response to this, that because only a limited number of places have blown up, the whole premise is wrong, is the province of naive fools, evil-doers and sociopaths. How do you self identify?

So are Celtic and Rangers getting the minimum payment of 395k than?
And why aren’t the other clubs in the Premiership, except token diddy club Motherwell, also getting 395k?…

Celtic, Rangers and Motherwell are already guaranteed top six finishes so got the minimum for 6th place in the Premiership, the other clubs can still be bottom six so got the minimum payment for 12th, AFAIK.

There are a lot of unknowns about this the main one being is how it is spread.  The question that is being asked is how did it transfer from animal to human, article i was reading saying the pangolin is almost extinct yet is the most trafficked animal in the world why is this relevant they reckon that is the animal that has elements of the current covid 19 virus in its system. that doesn't stop some f*ker from eating it as a delicacy though trouble is there is a lot of that i.e. killing animals as they think its going to cure some ailment. see rhinos, tigers etc 

Its complacency and a lackadaisical attitude to it thats the killer and the trouble is with that attitude its not the person that catches its fault is the person thats spreading it because they think they aren't going to catch it or its just a wee flu when it isnt.

Its complacency and a lackadaisical attitude to it thats the killer and the trouble is with that attitude its not the person that catches its fault is the person thats spreading it because they think they aren't going to catch it or its just a wee flu when it isn't.    This.

Edited by Etherglider
need to add to kit.

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

There are a lot of unknowns about this the main one being is how it is spread.  The question that is being asked is how did it transfer from animal to human, article i was reading saying the pangolin is almost extinct yet is the most trafficked animal in the world why is this relevant they reckon that is the animal that has elements of the current covid 19 virus in its system. that doesn't stop some f*ker from eating it as a delicacy though trouble is there is a lot of that i.e. killing animals as they think its going to cure some ailment. see rhinos, tigers etc 

Its complacency and a lackadaisical attitude to it thats the killer and the trouble is with that attitude its not the person that catches its fault is the person thats spreading it because they think they aren't going to catch it or its just a wee flu when it isn't. 

This.

17 minutes ago, TxRover said:

No.

The idea that experts should always be challenged is Thatcherite bullshit. There are times and places where an expert or experts should be questioned about opinions and decisions, and they aren’t limited by some propriety or rule....however, it is increasingly clear that the experts got this warning right and several locations waited too long to listen. Your response to this, that because only a limited number of places have blown up, the whole premise is wrong, is the province of naive fools, evil-doers and sociopaths. How do you self identify?

Back in January the editor of the Lancet (he was on QT) was saying that there was nothing to worry about and he was privy to all the info.

He has since been backtracking but his earlier writings have been exposed.

How can you then blame politicians, who are no EXPERTS on this, for being too slow?

33 minutes ago, TxRover said:

No.

The idea that experts should always be challenged is Thatcherite bullshit. There are times and places where an expert or experts should be questioned about opinions and decisions, and they aren’t limited by some propriety or rule....however, it is increasingly clear that the experts got this warning right and several locations waited too long to listen. Your response to this, that because only a limited number of places have blown up, the whole premise is wrong, is the province of naive fools, evil-doers and sociopaths. 

Agreed. In an emergency you trust the experts.

If a Police Officer runs into whatever building you're in and shouts "Evacuate now. Run, run" you don't stop to argue with him or question his reasons.

In a matter of life and death, you do what you're told. THIS is life and death.

So no DWP, you are not making sense.