The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

The last 7 minutes of that game felt like 7 hours ! Listing to Jimmy Sanderson's football phone in while driving back with my mates was sublime. Played in that Spall top at the 5 a sides for years as a tribute.

Transport that side into the SPL now and we would be in the top 4.

The last 7 minutes of that game felt like 7 hours ! Listing to Jimmy Sanderson's football phone in while driving back with my mates was sublime. Played in that Spall top at the 5 a sides for years as a tribute.

Eh, no we wouldn't. We were part time & pretty woeful.

Abiding memory is of a "Planes, Trains & Automobiles" journey from Elliots, after the bus was a no show.
Missed Sammy's goal, but the deflation of "there's been a goal at Celtic Park", as we approached Parkhead Cross, was replaced by the utter euphoria of watching the taxi in front bounce about the road; as they announced "& It's Celtic 0..." with pandemonium ensuing in the car we were in.
Gilmour had been trying those 25-30 yard trundlers ALL season, with virtually everyone there shouting "FCUKIN NO!" as they watched him line up yet another. Mayhem is the only word to describe what followed possibly one of THE best moments of my watching FFC.

Long time since I've seen those highlights... what a great day, (and night out) that was... it reminded me -

Jim Dempsey & Roddy Manley kept at bay a combination of Mo Johnston, Brian McClair, Mark McGhee & Alan McInally... Who'd've thought?  

I flat shared with a Celtic fan in Byres Road at the time, and watched the game with him in the Celtic end. He very quickly - and very kindly - pinned my arms at my sides to stop me going wild when Jimmy Gilmour scored, otherwise I'd surely have taken a serious doing from the mutts around us.  

Roy Aitken. What an utter cnut.  The penalty award was an absolute disgrace. GIRFUY. 

1 the SPL does not exist
2 we were an absolutely dreadful team most of the time.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

1 the SPL does not exist
2 we were an absolutely dreadful team most of the time.

Fair point ! There were some very good players in that side though. Marshall , McLeod, Dempsey, Manley, Hetherston. McGivern and dare I say Eadie who was a good player in a side that did not play in a system that suited his style.

3 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Amazing day I was in the main stand at Celtic Park I was supposed to not celebrate,no chanceemoji4.png and a few Celtic fans shook my hand after the game.

Parked at the block of flats across the road from the main stand. We piled in and got out of Dodge. What a drive back with the Celtic fans raging on the Jimmy Sanderson football phone it. Car abandoned outside the Back Bull in Polmont and a mega session followed. It was deliverance we were not going to be relegated.

Yes, some good players but the style of play was eye bleeding.

Fair point ! There were some very good players in that side though. Marshall , McLeod, Dempsey, Manley, Hetherston. McGivern and dare I say Eadie who was a good player in a side that did not play in a system that suited his style.

Remember parking our supporters bus in the tenement buildings opposite the away section at Parkhead around this time. As we filed off the bus we were greeted by two kids about 7 years old at the door telling everyone of us we were  "Dirty ***********'s" with there Mum's, Dad's and neighbours hanging out the windows goading them on. Made me feel sick to the pit of my stomach. Often wonder what kind of lives these kids had after that.

Remember parking our supporters bus in the tenement buildings opposite the away section at Parkhead around this time. As we filed off the bus we were greeted by two kids about 7 years old at the door telling everyone of us we were  "Dirty ***********'s" with there Mum's, Dad's and neighbours hanging out the windows goading them on. Made me feel sick to the pit of my stomach. Often wonder what kind of lives these kids had after that.

Most of them will be dead. Small comfort I know.

17 hours ago, kiddy said:

Abiding memory is of a "Planes, Trains & Automobiles" journey from Elliots, after the bus was a no show.
Missed Sammy's goal, but the deflation of "there's been a goal at Celtic Park", as we approached Parkhead Cross, was replaced by the utter euphoria of watching the taxi in front bounce about the road; as they announced "& It's Celtic 0..." with pandemonium ensuing in the car we were in.
Gilmour had been trying those 25-30 yard trundlers ALL season, with virtually everyone there shouting "FCUKIN NO!" as they watched him line up yet another. Mayhem is the only word to describe what followed possibly one of THE best moments of my watching FFC.

The reaction from the ball boy behind the goal was priceless.

Unfair criticism given the recent passing of Kenny Rogers. No-one ever saw MC and KR at the same time, so there’s a 50-50 chance that the demise of one is also the demise of the other.