The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Oooo, been a little while since we’ve had a properly terrible opinion on here, fair play 

If we are bored and going on terrible posts i reckon i can beat that one.

Leo Fasan was the best keeper ever to have played for Falkirk 

13 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

If we are bored and going on terrible posts i reckon i can beat that one.

Leo Fasan was the best keeper ever to have played for Falkirk 

No need to look! With all the negativity surrounding the world right now, the ability to laugh at yourself is more important than ever.

In that vein, please enjoy this absolutely terrible take from yours truly, after the jobbers and journeyman of QOTS  pumped us silly (3-0) at home in Hartley's last game. In my defence, he wasn't the worst player that day, but I think I may have taken the praise a little too far...:unsure2:

On 25/08/2018 at 18:59, 18BAIRN76 said:

Folk saying they don't rate Fasan is weird - he is one of the very few who has looked fine to me and prevented it being 8 or 9 today.

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

I was not that impressed with Loy the first time round Any decent striker would have bagged a similar goal tally+ he was useless in the Air and didn’t have a great work rate. The second time around I was praying the deal would not happen. He was done and Houston should have known that .

He always struck me as being a 'second' striker, i.e., not the main one, if that makes sense. I disagree with you on the work rate thing though. I remember clearly lamenting the fact that he was constantly chasing back all the time and wouldn't stay forward where he should have been. In fact I remember saying 'ffs, he's playing right back now' at one point!

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

For a number of years Falkirk didn't publish any details about contract lengths. This was due to a former Head Of Football Operations ( or similar - can't remember his exact title) wanting that info kept confidential. He once chastised me for asking an "inappropriate question" when I asked a new signing how long he would be with us. It didn't stop me asking in future, but I just had to do it out of his earshot. :huh:

We've been pretty open about contracts ever since. Not sure why the Sammon duration wasn't published at the time he signed; I think it was just a clerical oversight. He's on the same length of contract as the likes of Doyle, Durnan, Dixon etc.

Cheers, so he's here next season then. I did wonder if he's been given a 3 year deal to get him to sign and that may have been the reason for not making it public.

17 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Cheers, so he's here next season then. I did wonder if he's been given a 3 year deal to get him to sign and that may have been the reason for not making it public.

Think it was mentioned one year deal with an option of a second but dont quote me on that not sure who gets the option on the second year though player or club.

42 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Only mug willing to play at the moment?

Theres a few things that stick out in that first one being what happened to their other goalkeeper or is he taking advantage of the current pandemic and the second one being a number of poor displays try every one of them it was only made worse with a defence that couldnt defend the biggest culprit being Dallison. Best thing McKinnon done was stick him up front it was a change to see him troubling someone elses defence than our own.

24 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Theres a few things that stick out in that first one being what happened to their other goalkeeper or is he taking advantage of the current pandemic and the second one being a number of poor displays try every one of them it was only made worse with a defence that couldnt defend the biggest culprit being Dallison. Best thing McKinnon done was stick him up front it was a change to see him troubling someone elses defence than our own.

Let's face it he caught feck all in any of his appearances with us so he should be ok out there.

31 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

On a rather more serious note, with our PMs announcement of lock down, football ain’t starting for a long time.

Maybe just maybe we all realise that our family and friends lives are more important. 

Article today about it although the fact it was associated with one of the arsecheeks that is the OF apparently as soon as restrictions are lifted then the plan is to complete the season as it is deemed the fairest way and doesnt upset anyone.

Edited by AL-FFC

4 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Think it was mentioned one year deal with an option of a second but dont quote me on that not sure who gets the option on the second year though player or club.

That would explain the listing of a contract through 30-5-2020. With an option contract, until exercised, it would be a one year deal.

4 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Spot on, and not just the OF, just waiting on how many of our top division clubs begging the authorities for emergency funding. Heard from a very good jambo friend, that some of the salaries are beyond Hearts means.  Coming from a club that screwed many local supporters and businesses bankrupt only a few season ago is completed outrageous and should not be allowed. And yes it’s the smaller clubs that will fold without a whimper from the big league. The utter shame of the divide between the SPL and the rest of Scottish football. 

No such thing as the SPL m93