Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

We have got probably double or triple the budget of every team in the league, easily.

With that budget we should be winning the league by a double digit point total at least. That we aren't is down to retaining McKinnon and allowing him to sign a squad of muck.

Having a home gate of 3,000+ should be a goal start cause the money it affords us over every team in this league should buy quality to ensure that is the case!

Exactly.  We're pissing our budget advantage away on rubbish like da vita etc.

doesn't a chunk of our budget go on bigger overheads other clubs don't have? falkirk council SA etc? not saying for a minute we dont have the largest budget but just wished we owned every penny that came in and could do more with the stadium like st johnstone...

With the budget we had/have, we should be more comfortable in the league.

With the players assembled, I don’t blame the management for how they set up last night considering the result against Clyde, the psychological impact of losing to your rivals for the league (resulting in two consecutive losses) and being four points behind, with the league being out of our hands.

I do blame them both for a poor January window which has led to this though. We’ve went from having a quite technical midfield perhaps lacking a bit of width and pace, to having no creativity in the middle of the park and now resulting to a long, high ball game. Todd and De Vita haven’t helped fix those problems, the latter being a signing we would have absolutely criticised Houston or McKinnon for making (in fair people did criticise it on here).

Here’s hoping we win this league and rebuild for next year, with a clearer identity as to what we want from our team/recruitment as it’s been a shambles for 2 seasons now.

11 minutes ago, Trump said:

With the budget we had/have, we should be more comfortable in the league.

With the players assembled, I don’t blame the management for how they set up last night considering the result against Clyde, the psychological impact of losing to your rivals for the league (resulting in two consecutive losses) and being four points behind, with the league being out of our hands.

I do blame them both for a poor January window which has led to this though. We’ve went from having a quite technical midfield perhaps lacking a bit of width and pace, to having no creativity in the middle of the park and now resulting to a long, high ball game. Todd and De Vita haven’t helped fix those problems, the latter being a signing we would have absolutely criticised Houston or McKinnon for making (in fair people did criticise it on here).

Here’s hoping we win this league and rebuild for next year, with a clearer identity as to what we want from our team/recruitment as it’s been a shambles for 2 seasons now.

I respect your views however disagree with the way in which we set ourselves up, regardless of the Clyde result, we had the chance to top the league and our management team went with a formation that was simply  unacceptable, however enough said on on my part and we move on. 
The transfer window was a non event, and whether we find out factually what M&M were allowed or not allowed to do will come out at one point. Agree De Vita was merely a stocking filler, and not attracting a half decent CF could be the biggest mistake by the new management team.

Simply don’t get this BSLM thing at the last two games, he’s finished and blowing out his arse after five minutes. If he intends to see out the season as a super sub of some kind of self importance, in order to win any of our games, start worrying now. 

Thought with LMs career down south he would have been able to tap someone, cracks I’m not to sure if he had contacts apart from the Scottish lower leagues. 
Anyway here’s to a much improved performance on Saturday. 

If McGlynn had Falkirk’s budget we’d have been out of sight months ago.

5 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

That's the problem. Some players and some of the supporters are turning up thinking just that. Having supported this club since the 60"s I have never witnessed a decline like this since that moment of madness when Willie Cunningham was sacked ! It took a visionary like Eddie Moffat and Alex T to drag us back from the brink 8 years later. But I don't see dyed in the wool Falkirk people like these two coming to the clubs rescue this time.

There have been Falkirk people that wanted to come to the rescue but they have been pissed about so as the MSG can play silly b*****ds and acting like giving any quarter to the support is a weakness.  IF we do go up i still see a rebuilding job to be done but what budget is available or will be made available is anyones guess but the damage that is being done to the club over ownership and lack of leadership is going to hinder us in the long run.

As for team selection M and M are doing basically what McKinnon had to do with Hartleys duds and see this season out and see where we are at. January was disapointing for transfer window but they said themselves they wont add anyone to the team who lacks the quality they want.

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

There have been Falkirk people that wanted to come to the rescue but they have been pissed about so as the MSG can play silly b*****ds and acting like giving any quarter to the support is a weakness.  IF we do go up i still see a rebuilding job to be done but what budget is available or will be made available is anyones guess but the damage that is being done to the club over ownership and lack of leadership is going to hinder us in the long run.

As for team selection M and M are doing basically what McKinnon had to do with Hartleys duds and see this season out and see where we are at. January was disapointing for transfer window but they said themselves they wont add anyone to the team who lacks the quality they want.

I’m not sure that M&M had much say in transfer window, my guess is that we had to pay Tidser Bell significant cash that impacted any further transfers, however I may be way off mark 

January was disapointing for transfer window but they said themselves they wont add anyone to the team who lacks the quality they want.

De Vita?!!!!!!

The next person to lament 'how far we've fallen' or words to that effect is getting a fucking slap.

Wake up and smell the position we're in with the squad we have. Here. Now. 39a36ebe-9384-4e69-8f93-08e1f9b278b0_screenshot.jpeg

I’m not sure that M&M had much say in transfer window, my guess is that we had to pay Tidser Bell significant cash that impacted any further transfers, however I may be way off mark 

I think you are

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think you are

As said might be way off Mark, so you have the facts on what the situation was, would be good to know, thanks 

Don’t want to single Gomis our here but wanting to make a point. He’s is a great footballer with an excellent footballing brain. He is also very tidy on the ball and generally finds the man with the pass.

However the last 2 games specifically we have needed drive
, pace and aggression (in the right way) in the midfield and that’s not what he offers.

The Tidser enigma really baffles me.
Firstly why did he disappear from the team almost immediately and secondly why did we pay him off only to replace him with dross like De Vita?

11 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Simply don’t get this BSLM thing at the last two games, he’s finished and blowing out his arse after five minutes. If he intends to see out the season as a super sub of some kind of self importance, in order to win any of our games, start worrying now. 

His lack of mobility was really stark towards the end of the match when Raith's keeper was kicking short. A real opportunity to keep them penned in, but only McManus had the legs to press effectively. 

10 hours ago, Enigma said:

If McGlynn had Falkirk’s budget we’d have been out of sight months ago.

Agree with this. Swap the managers and we'd be pissing this league. 

Don’t want to single Gomis our here but wanting to make a point. He’s is a great footballer with an excellent footballing brain. He is also very tidy on the ball and generally finds the man with the pass.

However the last 2 games specifically we have needed drive
, pace and aggression (in the right way) in the midfield and that’s not what he offers.

Substitute games with years there when it comes to drive from midfield?

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Firstly why did he disappear from the team almost immediately and secondly why did we pay him off only to replace him with dross like De Vita?

Tidser still our joint top in terms of number of assists.

12 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

doesn't a chunk of our budget go on bigger overheads other clubs don't have? falkirk council SA etc? not saying for a minute we dont have the largest budget but just wished we owned every penny that came in and could do more with the stadium like st johnstone...

You raise a valid point. The Stadium and most of the surrounding area are owned by the Falkirk Community Stadium Company Ltd. Falkirk Football Club are minority stakeholders in that company. There is a wrong perception that Falkirk own outright certain parts of the ground. Main stand seating - South Stand etc that is incorrect. From what I understand FFC lease the facilities and under the conditions of a lease can make certain alterations with the leaseholders permission. The artificial pitch and the undersoil heating fiasco is a good example. Refreshment kiosks and hospitality are leased for the game by FFC from the Stadium Company.

So as you see a large % of every pound spent one way or the other goes to Falkirk Community Stadium Company Ltd. Like it or not they can charge what they want knowing FFC have nowhere else to go. As the Council are the majority stakeholder you can be sure FFC is getting well screwed for it. Good example of that attitude is that the Council own the parking at the stadium and not on coin goes to the club. Strange how such a basic thing as the parking at a stadium was not part of the package.

Sooner or later there has to be a day of reckoning when the club has got itself sorted out and in a position to buy the Stadium Company outright. To do just that !

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The new Densill Theobald.