The Falkirk FC Thread

Everything has to be null and void for this season. Unfair to some and a saviour to others but that is the only fair way to do it.

Take for example a team in the relegation zone but has a game in hand that if won would make them safe. Then the team at the top of the league that has played the extra home game and 3 points ahead.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

About the official reaction from the authorities of shutting lots of things down, ive been fairly sceptical but if it’s the right thing to do, then fair enough.

However, as someone who doesn’t just believe anything that’s put to them I happened to be on a busy train today and I would say that I was much closer to people than when I’m in my seat in TFS.

Question is - why is public transport still running?

Already, people are losing there jobs.

I would guess that in a few weeks when the economic havoc is realised that the powers that be will start to take a more pragmatic approach.

People being able to move around the country on public transport to work, assist potentially vulnerable family or support our infrastructure is very obviously far more important than watching Dumbarton play Falkirk at football.

"as someone who doesn't just believe anything that's put to them" = InfoWars watching moron

I think the season has to finish, whether the season is extended and pre-season is cut short or we play Saturday - Wednesday for a month or so then so be it. Imagine being stuck in this division through no fault of our own.

My guess is it won’t be until September or even later that games can be played.
How can you finish a season on that basis?

I’ll throw this one in again.

Its got its flaws and would require an injection of cash from the government and its a bit harsh on some clubs.

Cancel the season.

Promote the top two in each division

No relegation this season.

Delay the start of next season TIL October or November when the worst of the virus is expected to be over.

Play shorter league next year such that teams just play each other twice. In a fourteen team top league that’s a 26 game season and in the divisions below, 22 games.

Promote one team, relegate three each division.

It also means the season completes on time for Euro 21.

As I say, it’s got its flaws but it’s the best I could think up.....

3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Any statement from our club yet ?

Yes. 

'We would like to go on record to express our disappointment that certain elements of our fanbase developed Covid 19 and spread it worldwide. The Falkirk board have nothing but contempt for the Falkirk fanbase who are all culpable and we'd like to apologise to all those affected for our fans' dreadful behaviour. They were very nasty to Craig Campbell also, sneezing in his general direction. '

I’ll throw this one in again.
Its got its flaws and would require an injection of cash from the government and its a bit harsh on some clubs.
Cancel the season.
Promote the top two in each division
No relegation this season.
Delay the start of next season TIL October or November when the worst of the virus is expected to be over.
Play shorter league next year such that teams just play each other twice. In a fourteen team top league that’s a 26 game season and in the divisions below, 22 games.
Promote one team, relegate three each division.
It also means the season completes on time for Euro 21.
As I say, it’s got its flaws but it’s the best I could think up.....

The moon is made of cheese

About the only suggestion with legs is the cancellation of the Euros for 1 year, and allow the seasons to be played out into the summer months if possible.

27 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Listening to the virus updates on news this morning, it’s more than likely that the whole of the UK, will effectively be in some form of lockdown from early next week. If the virus migrates and manifests in similar fashion to Italy & China, we can expect carnage for around eight to ten weeks. ( not understanding this three/four weeks)

Assuming this to be the case, this seasons football will simply  fold. Clubs will simply run out of cash, players contracts will run out and expect many clubs to be teetering on the brink. Already have Motherwells chairman publicity sending out grave warnings.

Duncan Freemason comments probably correct, but not sure how many clubs will still be around. Let’s not forget that many people will get this horrible virus and puts football into perspective.

I'd like to see the season completed, partly because of the significance of Liverpool / Celtic title wins, party because it would seriously piss off the Rangers fans whom I despise, and obviously because I don't want another season of trips to Stranraer.

I take your point. However, if a club goes to the wall during a season do all points gained against them by other clubs not automatically get forfeited?  I think that may have happened with Gretna though I can't be bothered checking.

What a boost to our season if poor wee Clyde went bust before we restarted in May / June.  :lol:

Can the closed door option not be explored? Millions of other people are still working, why not footballers?
Mainly because they are trying to eliminate the spread of the virus and having footballers, officials etc travelling all over the country gives it a path way to spread.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'd like to see the season completed, partly because of the significance of Liverpool / Celtic title wins, party because it would seriously piss off the Rangers fans whom I despise, and obviously because I don't want another season of trips to Stranraer.

I take your point. However, if a club goes to the wall during a season do all points gained against them by other clubs not automatically get forfeited?  I think that may have happened with Gretna though I can't be bothered checking.

What a boost to our season if poor wee Clyde went bust before we restarted in May / June.  :lol:

There is the rub ! every scenario has winners and losers, whatever is done that will be the case.

The ruling bodies don't have a coin between them to help their members who still have fixed expenditure. Players and staff wages, stadium running costs for example.

If there is no policy statement from SFA-SPL etc. Clubs don't know what's happening so can't take a course of action to keep them in business. Run out of cash then it is game over. But this time it will be the final whistle !

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

Just now, grumswall said:
13 minutes ago, champions said:
Can the closed door option not be explored? Millions of other people are still working, why not footballers?

Mainly because they are trying to eliminate the spread of the virus and having footballers, officials etc travelling all over the country gives it a path way to spread.

Same can be said about buses, trains, trams etc. Even people say driving to glasgow to do some shopping, coming into contact with people travelling from various other places and then returning home.