The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Hearing that Gary Deans is in talks to sell the club to a consortium of agents headed by John Park.
So basically same as last summer only without MC as a frontman.

If thats the case then i would imagine they have a better business model than MC, not sure if thats a good or bad thing mind you till we know what the long term plan is but i suppose its change.

Hearing that Gary Deans is in talks to sell the club to a consortium of agents headed by John Park.
So basically same as last summer only without MC as a frontman.

Same con, different man?

The government scientist at the press conference yesterday said worst case scenario up to 80% of the UK will get infected with Covid-19.   He said the death rate will be around 1%.  Do the maths and that means that over 500,000 could die.  The peak of the infection is estimated to be around 14 weeks from now.    I can't see the season starting up again.   Disappointed the football is stopped but in the scheme of things it doesn't matter.  Expect the unexpected indeed.  Take care everyone.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

If thats the case then i would imagine they have a better business model than MC, not sure if thats a good or bad thing mind you till we know what the long term plan is but i suppose its change.

All depends who the 'consortium of agents are ' Could be manipulated so individual-s are a front for goodness knows how eg MC or his ilk. Due diligence to ensure that is not possible would be critical plus a business plan that is acceptable.

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

The government scientist at the press conference yesterday said worst case scenario up to 80% of the UK will get infected with Covid-19.   He said the death rate will be around 1%.  Do the maths and that means that over 500,000 could die.  The peak of the infection is estimated to be around 14 weeks from now.    I can't see the season starting up again.   Disappointed the football is stopped but in the scheme of things it doesn't matter.  Expect the unexpected indeed.  Take care everyone.

Does anyone actually believe him. Look at China and apply the same formula and they would have close to 11 million deaths. They’ve had 3177 to date and are apparently starting to return to normal. Doesn’t stack up or it’s blatant scaremongering.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think the correct decision has been made. Not sure what it means for this years league but the safety of people is paramount.

The ruling bodies don't have 2 coins to rub together so no support for the clubs from them.

No income coming in but a duty correctly to honour players contracts. Lease of stadium facilities and other on costs.

This could tip a few clubs over the edge.

1 minute ago, brokeville said:

Does anyone actually believe him. Look at China and apply the same formula and they would have close to 11 million deaths. They’ve had 3177 to date and are apparently starting to return to normal. Doesn’t stack up or it’s blatant scaremongering.

I think a lot of this is down to panic no one knows what sort of impact seen some stats suggesting 127 000 worldwide have contracted it but out of that so far 68 000 have recovered.  A way i am looking at it is yes its a flu and a deadly one at that the biggest concern with it is the fact its highly contagious, i think thats where the scaremongering is.

I dont think anyone could have predicted this or even know how to cope with it.

I think a lot of this is down to panic no one knows what sort of impact seen some stats suggesting 127 000 worldwide have contracted it but out of that so far 68 000 have recovered.  A way i am looking at it is yes its a flu and a deadly one at that the biggest concern with it is the fact its highly contagious, i think thats where the scaremongering is.

I dont think anyone could have predicted this or even know how to cope with it.
Theres a lot of absolute bullshit out there in the media and that's not helping. But in management of a crisis on this scale, it takes time to get the wheels rolling
That's why they have to over react. In any crisis/emergency, it's easier to overreact and get everything rolling which allows you to handle escalation than hold off then when the escalation comes, you are way behind the curve and playing catch up.

Not posted on here for years but I kind of use this as a 'fanometer' for current events.

Anyway, I don't think the league will restart this season and it'll become the 'season that never was', no promotion and no relegation and it's really the relegation issue rather than the promotion that causes the problems. We can see the winners from each league but I don't see Partick or Hearts accepting the league finishing now and going down.

There will no league winners or relegation. Think about it. It gives the “establishment club” another season to prevent Celtic repeating the nine in a row malarky, and two seasons to throw money they don’t have at preventing ten in a row.

It keeps Hearts (the wee establishment club) safe and sound in the top flight. There are no downsides for the loyalist clubs as Sevco are already out of Europe thanks to BL, but they can argue that they’ve not actually been eliminated and therefore they are joint Europa Cup winners.

10 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I would suggest that the outcome will be no relegation. 

I think that is exactly the point, Partick and Hearts won't accept it is as it's very tight. I hate to say it but who is top right now will be the 'winners' for simply historical records.

We had our chance with Clyde and Raith but we were just typical Falkirk and blew it when it counted.

I'm not really into conspiracy theories (might have been a bit more skeptical if the season was cancelled after Celtic beat Rangers on Sunday). 

Edited by Albertobotswana

3 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Cancel all games up to the Raith one. Play that behjnd closed doors if needed as a league decider. 

Why we've played the same amount of games our head to head are the same but we are top of the league. They wont do that in the Championship so all leagues would have to be the same. Anyhow you have a far better chance than us in any playoffs.

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Why we've played the same amount of games our head to head are the same but we are top of the league. They wont do that in the Championship so all leagues would have to be the same. Anyhow you have a far better chance than us in any playoffs.

We have played an uneven number of home and away games v each other. 

I think others are right though - no champions, promotion or relegation from any league. 

Could have some comedy aspects. Celtic's meltdown would be legendary and Dundee Utd staying down after pissing their league would be amusing. 

Edited by Bairn Necessities

About the official reaction from the authorities of shutting lots of things down, ive been fairly sceptical but if it’s the right thing to do, then fair enough.

However, as someone who doesn’t just believe anything that’s put to them I happened to be on a busy train today and I would say that I was much closer to people than when I’m in my seat in TFS.

Question is - why is public transport still running?

Already, people are losing there jobs.

I would guess that in a few weeks when the economic havoc is realised that the powers that be will start to take a more pragmatic approach.

DPB, we are where we are in regards to the shutdown of the league and economic havoc will ensue in the coming months. Airlines need passengers, hotels need guests, football (certainly in Scotland and English lower leagues) need paying punters and so on.

I wonder if Sky will write off their money for the EPL for the missing remaining games?

I'm guessing that next season, current season tickets holders will be offered a discount to make up for the missing home games this season.